Chapter 3

Foresee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3,

Later that night I stood in front of my local Shaman debating whether or not to go inside. Last time I came he almost had a heart attack trying to get me to leave.

 

I sigh before opening the door. Once it’s all the way open his eyes land on me. He noticeably takes a deep breath as I came to sit in front of him.

 

“Hello.”

 

“Why are you here?” He asks nervously.

 

He knew my whole story, in fact he was afraid of me.

 

“I have a question.” I clear my throat crossing my legs together.

 

He just stares at me waiting for what I had to say.

 

“I touched someone today and didn’t see anything. What does this mean?” My hands meet in my lap to clench together.

 

His eyes narrow. “What’s their name?”

 

“Woo Dohwan.” I answer. “He asked if that means he won’t die?”

 

He quirks an eyebrow at the comment and reaches down in his bag of rice bringing some to sit it on the table in front of him. His hand runs over the pile of rice, his eyes closing.

 

After a moment or so he hums. “He does die, he isn’t some special human or anything.”

 

“Then why can’t I see that?” I quickly retort.

 

His eyes open and stare me down. “I sense a connection between you two, so maybe he’s your soulmate?”

 

I blink towards him. “Soulmate?” I snort, yeah right. Things like that didn’t exist.

 

“Are you doubting me? You can see people die through touch why can’t soulmates exist?” He huffs shoving some of the rice in my direction.

 

“That’s true.” I mutter.

 

“Now get out before you curse me.” He glares crossing his arms over his chest.

-

 

For the next few days the word soulmate floats around in my head. Were we really soulmates? Was that the reason behind why I couldn’t see his death?

 

If he was does that mean we have to end up together? Some day we’ll marry one another and have kids?

 

I felt heat rising to my cheeks at the thought. I couldn’t help the smile that formed on my face. I’ve never had thoughts like this before it was different. It was nice.

 

Even though I didn’t know Dohwan very well it was easy to try and get to know someone. Right? I mean I haven’t gotten to know a lot of people before, but it can’t be that hard could it?

 

I mean if we were soulmates I’d have to get to know him even if I didn’t like him.

 

Fingers are snapping in front of my face. “Yah what are you day dreaming about?” Dohwan asks sitting down at my usual spot during lunch.

 

“Nothing.” I hum slightly embarrassed. I wasn’t about to tell him I was thinking about marrying him and having kids with him.

 

He snorts and nudges me. “Ohh, so Ji Taeran thinks dirty thoughts like every other teenager too.”

 

“Yah!” I nudge him back. “I was not!”

 

He laughs. “Mmm-Hmm, sure. Who was it you were dreaming of doing dirty things with?”

 

I glare at him. “I wasn’t!”

 

He points at me laughing even harder. “You really can’t lie, Ji.”

 

“Stop calling me Ji!” I huff turning away from him to keep him from seeing how embarrassed I was.

 

“Then what am I supposed to call you?” He asks letting out a sigh.

 

“Taeran.” I mutter over my shoulder before standing up.

 

Suddenly he’s standing before me placing his hand on the wall above me leaning forward. “So Taeran, who were you having dirty thoughts about?”

 

I just glare up at him. Why won’t he let me live?

 

He his head to the side. “Perhaps was it me?” He clicks his tongue a smirk forming on his face.

 

I send him am unamused look.

 

“Don’t flatter yourself.” I say under my breath.

 

Dohwan snorts. “So so so sassy.”

 

“Ji Taeran?” Dohwan pulls back as Sejong steps around to where I could see him. He completely ignores Dohwan. “Are you alright?”

 

Dohwan stares at him giving him the once over before glancing back at me.

 

“Yeah why?” I ask.

 

Sejong turns to Dohwan. “You shouldn’t make her uncomfortable.”

 

Dohwan rolls his eyes. “And what makes you think you can tell me what to do?”

 

Sejong ignores Dohwan staring at me before smiling. “Can I talk to you about the notes?”

 

I glance at Dohwan. “Uh yeah sure.”

 

Sejong glances at Dohwan. Dohwan just stares back. “What?”

 

“Are you going to leave?” Sejong spits out finally. I snort trying not to laugh.

 

Dohwan let’s out a scoff. “If you’re talking about notes it doesn’t matter if I stay or not.”

 

Sejong raises an eyebrow at him. “What’s with you?”

 

Dohwan sends him a glare. My god these two.

 

“Dohwan can you please just give us a minute?” I ask him.

 

He glances at me seeming to contemplate it. “Since you asked nicely, yes.” He takes a step back slowly before turning around and leaving.

 

Sejong sighs. “I didn’t think he’d ever leave. Are you really alright?”

 

I send him a confused look. “What do you mean?”

 

“You seemed uncomfortable, he had you practically pinned to the wall. I know you don’t like being touched so I thought getting him away was the best option.” He shrugs awkwardly rubbing at the back of his head.

 

I acknowledge what he says before waving my hand out into the air to dismiss it, I let out a low laugh. “I wasn’t uncomfortable, just embarrassed.”

 

“Embarrassed?” H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter