Perfect - ChanSoo

Song Book

"I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead"

Was it because they've been together for so long that Chanyeol has developed a special feeling for Kyungsoo? Or was it because Kyungsoo was so cute, honest, intimate and caring that he fell for him? Chanyeol doesn't know the answer to his own questions. He doesn't know when exactly he fell for him. Whether it was the time that Kyungsoo took the blame when they skipped classes because Chanyeol wanted to watch his favorite movie; or maybe when Kyungsoo was having a crush on Junmyeon that he felt his heart ached hearing Kyungsoo saying Junmyeon is the most handsome guy he has ever seen. The time Chanyeol learned that Kyungsoo was biual, he also has confirmed it to himself that he's gay. So gay for Kyungsoo.

"Well I found a boy beautiful and sweet 
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love"

Chanyeol knew Kyungsoo even before he was born. He was five years older. He saw his first smile because his mom was carrying Kyungsoo in her arms and that Kyungsoo was sleeping soundly, maybe having a wonderful dream of floating milk bottles. "Chanyeol, this is Kyungsoo" his mother said as she introduced them to each other. "He is my best friend's son so you should treat him like a brother, too" she said and she brought Kyungsoo closer to Chanyeol and he saw that the baby was smiling on his sleep, he kissed his cheek because he looks so tiny and lovely.

Chanyeol was in high school when Kyungsoo was in his final year in elementary. Kyungsoo became distant and sad after noticing Chanyeol is spending more time studying and doesn't come to see him to help with homework. "Did you get some new friends at school, hyung?" he asked Chanyeol once when the latter came to bring his mother some homemade pastries Chanyeol's mother baked. "Yes, quite a lot" Chanyeol answered with a smile that made Kyungsoo lower his head and frown. He's getting replaced. "Don't worry, you are still my baby Soo" Chanyeol said as he raised Kyungsoo's face up using his fingers on his chin. "Hyung loves you and misses you a lot" he says and places soft kisses on his baby lips.

The time Chanyeol confessed to Kyungsoo, the younger didn't understand well. For a 13 years old boy, he hasn't even thought of having crushes with some pretty girls at school. But Kyungsoo find it weird that he's happy only with Chanyeol hyung. His heart beats fast whenever Chanyeol hyung is with him. He likes the feel of Chanyeol hyung's touches. And the time Chanyeol hyung kissed his lips, he knew, he is that kind of person who likes someone of the same .

"Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine"

When Chanyeol went to college and Kyungsoo was in his second year in middle school, they have made their relationship official. Their family seem to notice the closeness between the two seems to be different from how normal close friends are. "Chanyeol, do you have a girl you like?" his mother once asked him while he's busy video calling Kyungsoo. He immediately ended the call not wanting Kyungsoo to hear his mother talking about having relationship with girls. "What do you mean mom? I'm busy with studies and I don't have time for that useless thing" he answered, quite annoyed. "Kyungsoo's mother is suspecting him of having a girlfriend" his mother said and he raised his head to look at his mother with wide eyes. "W-why did she say that?" Chanyeol asked, heartbeat so loud, he was afraid his mother would hear it. "Well, his mom told me Kyungsoo told her he was in love" his mother answered and hurried to get back to whatever she was doing before she entered Chanyeol's room. Then he called Kyungsoo back but he didn't answer his call.

That incident caused a two week ignoring each other and rare text messages and zero calls. Chanyeol thought Kyungsoo was really having a girlfriend and Kyungsoo thought Chanyeol's mother wants Chanyeol to have a girlfriend already.

"Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight"

Kyungsoo's 18th birthday came. He is now a fresh high school graduate and Chanyeol is planning to get into the military training just before he prepare for his future plans whether to find a job or continue a study abroad. Kyungsoo wanted a birthday gift. And so his family was eager to give it to him. But they were quite surprised to hear that it isn't something they can buy. All he wants was their understanding and acceptance. Meanwhile, Chanyeol's parents have learned about their relationship months ago. Chanyeol was scared but his father just said "As long as you are happy, I am willing to support and protect you against judgements" and gave his son the most overwhelming hug of Chanyeol's life. His mother, quite disappointed at first hearing that her son was in love with another man but screamed with his elder sister so much when they learned it was Kyungsoo he was in love with.

On Kyungsoo's birthday party, he announced his relationship with Chanyeol with Chanyeol and his family with them on their dinner table. Kyungsoo's father suddenly threw his fist in the air and said to his wife "I was right!" The people in the dining table including Kyungsoo's brother were calm and smiling, of course with Kyungsoo's mother laughing hysterically with her husband's reaction. It was Chanyeol and Kyungsoo's turn to be surprised. "We knew it from the time Kyungsoo was born, Chanyeol in his 5 year old mind asked "So, when baby Soo is big, we will do that?" and he pointed to our wedding photos on the wall" Kyungsoo's mother told that made Chanyeol's mom giggle. "I was thinking our elder children will be the one to end up together. But sons, our society might be very harsh on you, be rest assured we got your backs" Chanyeol's father said.

That night, ChanSoo shared their first dance and the family even asked them for an embrace. Yes, just a hug. Kiss can wait for later. They danced the night away talking about what Soo would like to do as a job in the future and how Chanyeol proudly announced being accepted as a member of song writer's group for a certain entertainment company.