Drenched - ByunXing

Song Book

“When minutes become hours, when days become years

And I don’t know where you are, colors seems so dull without you”

Like a cliché childhood sweethearts love stories, Baekhyun and Yixing grew up together. As they grow up, feelings for each other grew, too. Baekhyun was the first one to realize it since he’s the one who discovered he wants no one else by his side but his one and only childhood friend, Yixing. But Yixing who grew to up be a fine man like Baekhyun but the latter has more feminine side of him, was forced by his family to go back to his homeland so he can be able to be sure about his own uality and see whether he also was having the same feelings as Baekhyun and not just mistaken it from too much closeness since they grow up together.

“Have we lost our minds, what have we done?

But it all doesn’t seem to matter anymore”

“Are you serious about marrying Baekhyun, Yixing? Because in our culture, we don’t marry another man. A man is supposed to marry a woman!” Yixing’s father echoed from four corners of their living room. “I am positive, father. I love Baekhyun, please give us your blessings” Yixing begged. Kneeled down in front of his parents, Yixing with tears streaked eyes tried to get his parents’ consent over the matter. “Why don’t you try to weigh things for a while, Yixing. Stay away from this place in the mean time to be so sure of your feelings. I understand you and Baekhyun had been inseparable but you know very well, we have a high position in the society, what would people say…”

“I don’t care what people say mother” Yixing cut whatever his mother has more to say. “Your mother is right, Yixing. If after being separated you are still eager to marry Baekhyun, then I will give you my consent. Test yourself. Go out with women. If they don’t work, I won’t intervene with anything. I like Baekhyun. He’s like our son, too. We never judged him when we knew he was gay. All we ask of you is to be very sure about it. That’s for the better of you and Baekhyun. Please understand us” Yixing’s father calmly said and he held his son to make him get up.

Yixing followed his parents telling himself this will be the last time he would let them tell him what to do.

“When you kissed me on that street, I kissed you back

You held me in your arms, I held you in mine

You picked me up, to lay me down

When I look into your eyes, I can hear you cry for a little bit more of you and i

I’m drenched in your love, I’m no longer able to hold it back”

As Yixing watched the clouds under the air vehicle he was in for a trip to his homeland, he remembered how Baekhyun confessed. “Yixing, I love you so much I feel like my heart is drowning with overwhelming emotions. I think I wanted to make you mine and mine alone. Can I kiss you?”

Yixing was shocked but he can’t explain the happiness he had in his heart that faithful day. He finally understood why he gets so jealous when Baekhyun spends time with Chanyeol or when Kyungsoo touches him anywhere. He wanted to cut off his hand or pull Chanyeol’s eyes out of their sockets when he looks at Baekhyun lovingly. It was all because he loves Baekhyun and wanted him to be his, too.

When Baekhyun asked if he can kiss him, he didn’t answer but closed his eyes and waited for Baekhyun’s lips to land on his. And that sealed it. After a few months, he decided he wanted to have Baekhyun officially his so he asked his hand for marriage. Baekhyun’s parents didn’t have a problem about it. But his parents’ opinion were different. When he told Baekhyun about what his parents wanted, Baekhyun just said “Distance make a heart grow fonder”.

*

After almost half a year of staying in China, Yixing has proven that Baekhyun’s words were true. None of the dates work out. It’s not because the women he was with weren’t wonderful. They have understood him and he doesn’t want to fool each of them. He loves only Baekhyun.

*

Just like the last time he was travelling by air, this time he is looking at the clouds smiling for he knew that Baekhyun was there waiting for his return.

*

A/N

I guess everyone expected a because of the title. I am not ready for that yet but maybe if I write something about Pony (though it isn’t one of my favorite songs) then I will. Ah, I accept requests so it doesn’t make this as only my favorite songs story book. To the one who requested this, I apologize if it doesn’t satisfy or it’s too cliché but I wish you appreciate my crappy work. Thank you!