Mismatched my match

Sweeter than stories, more than love story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Mismatched~

I was wandering around the dance floor, searching for the person holding the number seventeen. Where was that stupid number? Where's my match?
I gave up, sighing, and walked to the tables. I sat down and looked solemnly over at all the happy dancing couples. It was Match Couple Day and I was without a date. Our school decided to have a dance. We all had to take a quiz about ourselves and we'd be paired with our match for the dance. I was the only one alone, without a date.
"Tiffany! What are you doing? Where's your date?" Jessica asked me after running over(with her match) to me.
"I don't know!" I said. "Can you please tell me who my date is? Please Jessica?"
She shook her head. "Nope. You have to find him or her. Come on, Tiff. I'm sure he's or she’s in here somewhere..." She looked around the room, which was our school gym. There was not a single person still searching for their date, besides me, that I could see.
I groaned, burying my head in my arms. I felt Jessica shove me and I fell to the ground. "Jess!!! What was that for?!" I exclaimed at her from my position on the floor.
"Sorry!" she laughed.
"You don't sound sorry," I grumbled as she and Yuri, her date, helped me up.
"I meant to push you a little because I see your date over there in the corner! Tiffany! GO!" Jessica shrieked. And then she pushed me again.
Which caused me to fall. Again. Curse these abominations society calls 'high heels'.
I got back up with as much dignity as possible-which wasn't a lot. I strolled over to the corner Jessica had pointed to. Anticipation covered me.
When I finally got the corner, there was nobody there. What the heck?
I stormed back to Jessica chatting with Yuri. She turned to me sheepishly. "Oh hey there."
"There was no one there," I stated bluntly.
"Yeah... About that, I saw the person go back into the bathroom." She rubbed her neck awkwardly.
"Please, can you tell me who it is?" I begged.
She refused.
I turned to Yuri. "Yuri. Do you know who it is?"
She sat there awkwardly. "Uh, yeah. I do."
"Will you tell me?"
"Sorry Tiffany, no." Yuri smiled at me, shaking her head softly.
I sighed. "Fine." I saw Yuri nudge Jessica . "Go."
"What?" Jessica asked.
"You know what," I said. "Go dance. Have fun."
She hesitated. "Text me if you need anything!" And Yuri dragged her away.
Part of me wanted her to stay, but a bigger part of me wanted her to have fun. So I screamed after her, "Don't worry about me! Just have the time of your life!" I smiled fakely in her direction. I was glad the lighting on my table was a little dimmer than the rest of the gym so she couldn't tell whether I was faking or not.
She smiled back, holding a thumbs up.
I just sat there f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter