One Wish I Wish

Sweeter than stories, more than love story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One Wish I wish.

I sat on a bench in the middle of a snowy park, freezing as I waited for the stars to finally flicker into view. The sky was oddly clear after such a bad snowstorm, but I was glad I could keep up with my Christmas ritual.
Once a year at dusk on Christmas Eve I wish upon the first star I see, no matter how dim or bright it is, that I could meet the one I'm supposed to be with for the rest of my life. Once a year for the last ten years, and at the age of twenty-five I was finally starting to give up hope that this wish would ever come true. I had decided that this year would be my last and if nothing happened, I would have to make my own dreams come true.
A dove settled in the tree across from me. It looked around forlorn before spreading its wings. I laughed softly, startling it as I did so, and it cocked its head towards me. A moment later another dove joined it, they brushed each other and stayed happily sitting together. A jolt of jealousy struck me and I let out a deep sigh. Even a bird had someone to be with right now. I was jealous of a bird, pathetic.
Ah, there it was. The first star had made its appearance and I nearly fell off the bench in anticipation. No matter how many years had gone by, it always felt like the first time. Taking a deep breath, I closed my eyes gently and waited a moment for the exact words. Nodding, I smiled, I remember now.
"It's Christmas Eve and you are the first star out tonight. It's a lot to ask but I believe in dreams coming true and I only want one thing. I wish, I wish to find the one who I will always love and will always love me." There finished.
I looked around, still the same empty park covered in snow. I guess I was asking too much but there is still time for anything to happen. I settled back on the bench giving into the disappointment that had been creeping around me lately. I nodded decisively and stood up.
"That's a tall order, you know Tiffany Hwang. I mean a star is only bright burning ball of gas light years away. How can that make your wish come true?" A voice asked surprising me.
I swung around to find myself face to face with my enemy best friend. Oh, her. I rolled my eyes and tried to walk past her but she grabbed my arm. "Let me go, Kim Taeyeon. It's cold out here."
"You never answered my question Tippani." She smirked when I scowled at her.
"It's just something I did every year, I'm done with it now." I made a half-hearted attempt to pull myself free. Even after a years

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter