[MS] Today - 2/2

Eunrong One Shot Collection

A/N: THIS IS A WARNING! If you're not feeling well, please don't read this. It's not a fluffy chapter, I wanted to write something different and it turned out as an angst. Again, don't read if you're not feeling well. I wrote this randomly and well, here it is. At first Tonight would be an one-shot but the idea for this suddenly popped on my head and I wrote and now I'm posting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up due to an extreme headache and as soon as my consciousness got back I realized that strangely she wasn't there. It's been 4 or 5 years since that night where I was lost in the darkness, drowned in a painful nightmare called reality. I cannot tell exactly how long it has been since then because I heard it was better to forget it and give my best to avoid thinking about that when my mind insists to bring me back there. All I can affirm by now is that it took some time to get up, to finally start living my life as I should. It was a hard road but thanks to Chorong I gained confidence to fight against the devil known as my mind. It wasn't Chorong who made me get better, and it could never be. But she did gave me the support I needed to go on. First as a stranger randomly giving me coffee, then as a friend calling me every morning, to make sure I was still there, then - when I could finally see the sunlight raising on my dark world, when I was finally getting up by myself, having the strength I used to have - as a lover. She was patient. They say love overcomes everything, right?


After these 4 or 5 years I could say I was almost healed, living a happy life. I had a good job, the one I loved. I had an amazing person by my side, someone who would always be there for me. I had made friends, precious people I met. I even had a pet with Chorong, after some months living together. This is what they say it's a happy life, right?


As much as I don't know exactly how long has been since then, I don't know what happiness is. The more time I spend thinking about that, the more I get scared since I can't find an answer. I know that people say I have a good life with all I need, I'm thankful although I'm not sure of what my needs are.


It scared me that with my life as it is now those thoughts were slowly coming back. I decided to push them off, ignore, telling myself that I was being silly, it wasn't a big deal and I should forget, I needed to put a smile on my face. I've been doing it for some months, putting on my face a smile that felt like it didn't belong there. It's scaring the hell out of me. How can't I control my mind? I thought that after all these years I would be free, I thought that the darkness had disappeared but it was still rooted deep down inside me. I'm not being able to control that, I'm not being strong enough to ignore that anymore and I hated myself for being like this.

I looked around and the bedroom was empty, the only living thing there was me. The scent of something delicious being cooked caught my attention. There she was in the kitchen, preparing us a breakfast. I made my way to Chorong, laying my head on her shoulder and putting my arms around her. Better than the food scent was Chorong's strawberry scent, as sweet and smooth as she is. I feel like don't deserve her. I started to think on how I'm not good enough for her but I instantaneously forgot when Chorong's voice echoed through our kitchen.

"I was about to wake you up, Meung"

I smiled, her voice has the power to shoosh those thoughts momentarily.

"I missed you" I said, making Chorong turn around to look at me directly.

"Clingy today, huh?" She giggled.

"Kinda" I replied, I couldn't tell her that I was being haunted by those thoughts again. She didn't deserve to go through that once more because of me, I would never forgive myself.

"Come here" Chorong gave me a warm hug, I felt tears trying to escape of my eyes but I couldn't let them.

"I love you"

"I love you too" She gave a soft peck on my forehead "Now let's eat because we have to work soon"

××××

As I was almost reaching the subway station, I didn't realize how my mind was filled with horrible things, I also didn't realize that a car was coming in my direction.

Woosh.

"JEONG EUNJI, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?" Yes. But I didn't make it on purpose, this time.

"Yoon Bomi, you're an angel, thank you so much"

"How can you be so calm now? If it wasn't for me, that car would've hitted you" People were looking at us but I didn't mind at all. How can I be so calm? How can I be so calm? I guess because it wouldn't be a bad idea. What?! No, Eunji, stop. You weird. Stop!

"I don't really know" Lies. "Thanks again, Bbom-ah" I gave her a tight hug.

"You pabo, please be more careful and stop fooling around"

"I will" I smiled and she seemed to relax a bit.

"I have to get to work now but it was good to see you, Eunji-ah"

"It was good to see you, Bbombborobbom" I had to say that nickname I gave her only to hear her unique laughter. She waved a goodbye and disappeared into the crowd of people on a hurry. Goodbye, Yoon Bomi. I don't know why but it seemed like a real goodbye.

××××

On my lunch time break I decided not to eat and walk around for a while. The sun was shining brightly, making me close my eyes because of its exaggerated brightness. The image of Bomi pulling me close to her, stopping me from colliding with that car came to my mind. Suddenly I was thinking on how it would feel, not only with a car but how would it feel jumping from a bridge, feeling the wind and then nothing? Any pain, any dark thought, any suffering. , I was being controlled by those thoughts again. I tried to focus on Chorong but my mind was making me go blind just like the sun today. As it used to be 4 or 5 years ago, and I couldn't hate myself more. I opened my eyes and ran back to work, I needed to distract me from that.

××××

Back home on that very day after work, Eunji found Chorong napping on the couch. She couldn't help but sit on the floor right in front of her to admire. Eunji took one of Chorong's hands and rubbed it against her own cheeks. It had the warmth she needed but it wasn't enough to fill up Eunji's mind, which was filled with things that should be in the past. Eunji got up suddenly, gently kissing Chorong's lips that tastes like coffee. It was time. Her mind brought back to life Eunji's inner devil which she thought she had defeated 4 or 5 years ago. It didn't really matter, she was getting blind walking towards the door, unable to see Chorong waking up. She was also getting deaf, unable to hear Chorong desperately calling her. The forgotten girl decided to follow her girlfriend, who was now completely filled with darkness again. She was having difficulty to reach Eunji going upstairs because she was desperate, taken by fear, that caused her legs to tremble.

They were on the rooftop and Eunji didn't have a clue of Chorong crying and running after her, screaming her lungs out. She could feel the wind as she imagined. That girl loved adrenaline, height wasn't a problem. Chorong's throat exploding, her legs working as fast as it could, her arms stretched out. Eunji took a deep breath and one step further.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry and thank you if you read until here, I guess.