[OS] Petit Gateau

Eunrong One Shot Collection

Chorong was at her desk with piles of papers, focused on her procedures, having a strong headache. One more stressful and busy day, many procedures to resolve and also lots of scheduled meetings. Her day seemed to be 40 hours long instead of 24. The door to her office opened and revealed the figure of her assistant Oh Hayoung.


"Did someone order a coffee and medicine for headache?" Hayoung showed the items in her hands and approached Chorong.


"Hayoung-ie, you seem to read my thoughts..."


"This time it wasn’t me, Chorong eonni”, Hayoung interrupted her boss and also friend. "She said she's coming at 8:30PM, she's waiting for you at the same place."


"Oh, thank you," Chorong smiled at the younger girl. "You can put it here ..."


"There's no space, eonni, let's organize this mess." Hayoung looked at her boss, scanning astonished her own desk. "Hey, you should’ve had lunch already, look at what time it is!"


"I'm not that hungry, just coffee is good enough for me and..."


"Take a look at the sticky note under your cup of coffee” Hayoung said and Chorong picked up the small paper, instantly recognizing Eunji's handwriting.


" I ran to bring the coffee and the medicine there but you have to have lunch, we’ll have dinner later and you have to feed to endure until there.

P.s.: Hayoung will tell me whether you had lunch or not.

P.s. 2: Coffee is not lunch.

See ya and take care ♡ "




-


"I  think I don't have how to escape from you two” Chorong smiled and went with Hayoung to the office’s kitchen.


After years working together, Hayoung was no longer just an assistant to Chorong, she was like a younger sister, sometimes she even seemed like a daughter. The youngest was one of the very few people who knew about Chorong and Eunji's relationship, even helping her boss to get away with her girlfriend from time to time, even if it meant having to call a lot of people to cancel meetings giving idiot excuses. Hayoung helped Chorong dealing with the stress of work, and once again she was doing it.


-


"Chorong eonni, it's already 8:15pm" Hayoung suddenly appeared in the older’s office.


"Hayoung-ie, why are you still here? Go home and have a rest”


"I'll go, but don't be late, she'll be here soon"


"Alright, I'll finish here and you should rest, eh?"


-


Chorong was once again concentrating on her computer, the sound of her cell phone echoed across the room that was empty and silent without Hayoung's presence. Seeing who was calling her made her eyes widened.


"Rong-ah, where are you?"


"Running out of my office," Chorong replied and heard Eunji laugh.


"You're not late, but you can come running if you want to," Eunji said having fun.


"Wait, what time is it?" Chorong stopped abruptly.


"08:25pm”


"EUNJI-AH!" Eunji chuckled "You made me run out of my office thinking that I was late!"


"At least we'll be able to enjoy more, Rongcho"


"Okay," Chorong snorted, pretending to be angry and hung up, heading towards the elevator.

 

--


Chorong looked around but it was dark. After a few steps she saw Eunji's car on the other side of the floor where she was standing.


"She said she's coming at 8:30 PM, she's waiting for you at the same place"


As few people knew about Chorong and Eunji's relationship, the few dates they had - due to their busy lives because of work - shouldn’t look like a date, even more so because they lived in an extremely homophobic country, beyond the appearance that the profession of both required. Eunji always insisted on picking up Chorong every time they went out together after work, waiting for the latter on the top floor of the parking lot. They had to be discreet even though Eunji wanted to scream to the whole world how she loves Chorong, she wanted to hold her hand in public fearlessly. The best they could do was intertwining their little fingers discreetly, which would kill both inside.


Eunji was playing on her cell phone when Chorong got into the car taking a deep breath. The younger turned to give her girlfriend a peck, and Chorong leaned against the seat.


"Are you still having a headache?" Eunji looked worriedly, caressing her girlfriend's black hair.


"No, the pain has passed but I feel like I'm forgetting something." Chorong closed her eyes.


"Maybe you forgot to leave the folder in your office” Eunji looked at the object in Chorong's hands, "or perhaps something important ..."


"Today is Thursday..." The older looked at outside of the car, trying to remember.


"What day is it today?" Eunji was observing her.


"Today is... EUNJI-AH, TODAY IS 26th!" Chorong's eyes widened as she realized. "4 years!"


"Congratulations to us," Eunji kissed Chorong's cheek.


"Congratulations to us, and I'm sorry I forgot." Chorong hid her face in Eunji's neck.


"You just remembered, Rong-ah." The younger one kissed the latter's forehead. "Now we're going to have dinner because I'm starving." Eunji smiled at Chorong not caring much about the sudden forgetfulness of their 4-year anniversary.


-


Eunji took Chorong to her favourite restaurant, which was the same as they went on their first date. Being with Eunji made Chorong forget all the stress of the job, and so did the younger one. Chorong was so busy watching Eunji's hand with hers on the table that she did not notice when the other waved to the waiter who smiled at her.


"Can I bring your dessert, ma'am?" The waiter, and also Eunji's friend, asked the couple.


"Yes, please" Eunji said and smiled at Chorong, who was still distracted.


The waiter returned to the kitchen and then Chorong looked at Eunji.


"Why are you looking at me like that?"


"Like that? How?"


"The way you are doing right now"


Before Eunji could answer the waiter returned with the desserts, but Chorong's plate was covered, which caught her attention. Eunji was carefully examining her girlfriend's facial expressions in front of her, smiling at the curiosity in her eyes. The waiter put Eunji's plate which had a petit gateau before putting Chorong's mysterious plate on the table and then he left.


"What is this?" Chorong looked suspiciously at Eunji who tried not to smile from ear to ear.


"I don’t know," the younger one said clearly pretending, "why don't you take a look?"


Chorong looked at Eunji studying her gaze. Surely she was up to something, and her heart beat faster and faster. After what seemed like a long staring contest, the older girl removed the lid that covered the plate and saw a small black velvet box. Her heart skipped a beat and Eunji looked at her anxiously. Is it really what I'm thinking or is it just a prank? Chorong thought. Her trembling hands picked up the object, which revealed a pair of rings. She was staring blankly with shaped as an O.


"Usually we try to hide but today I'll make sure of showing you, Rong-ah" Eunji began to speak, taking the attention of her girlfriend to herself, "I'll make sure to show you, firstly because it's been four years together. The four most incredible years I could have had simply because I had you. Secondly because four years seems like very little comparing to the rest of my life that I want to spend with you" Eunji got up and pulled Chorong up so she could stand up too. The younger girl held the latter's hands gently and took a deep breath. "Will you marry me?"


Chorong felt tears streaming down her cheeks, she tried to speak but failed, ending up just nodding and hugging Eunji as tight as she could.


"Yes!" Chorong finally said, ignoring the stares they received and kissed Eunji passionately.

END

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N: hi? This is the first one shot I'm posting in this collection and the pic might have made u think it would be filled with action but it's really fluffy. R  E A L L Y   F L U F F Y

anyway, hope y'all liked it and that's it

thx for reading until here I guess hahaha and I'm always on twitter @ewnrong

B Y E ♡