[MS] Tonight - 1/2

Eunrong One Shot Collection

 

 

-- Eunji opened her eyes but she was not able to see not even one thing 1 centimeter away from her face. The sky filled with stars made her smile, the only source of light there came from the sparkling stars. The small girl realised she was laying down on the grass and tried to sit down, but because of the strong pain she felt on her legs and abs she stopped. After trying a couple of times, she finally sat down, taking a deep breath.

 

"Eunji-ya?"

 

Eunji looked around trying to find who was shouting her name. Even though she gave her best to see something, it seemed impossible since the stars' light were not enough.

 

"NOONA?" Eunji's eyes widened after she realised who was calling her.

 

"MINKI?" She got up clumsily because of the intense pain she was feeling all over her body.

 

Eunji tried several times but finally stood up, looking for her brother in that darkness.

 

"Noona!" Minki called her again.

 

"Minki!"

 

"Noona, it's your turn now!" Minki, out of a sudden, was sitting beside her.

 

Eunji looked around strangely, she was in the car with her family. The radio was on and she could hear a song, Minki was staring at her as if he was waiting for an answer.

 

"My turn?" She asked totally confused.

 

"Yes! Where do you think we are going?" Minki seemed so excited.

 

"Are we going to the movies?" Eunji said.

 

"Since it's one of those miracle moments that your father is able to be here with us we are going to the restaurant" Her mother replied.

 

Minki was almost jumping on his seat and Eunji remembered it was his birthday. She played with his cheeks and gave a peck on his forehead.

 

"Happy birthday, dongsaeng!" She said while messing his hair.

 

"My big boy is growing up so fast!" Their father said smiling from ear to ear.

 

Eunji intertwined her fingers with Minki's and stared at her parents having a conversation on the frontseat but everything became white. Her body seemed to be fluctuating but her family screams were deafening. --

 

Eunji opened her eyes and got up quickly, she was sweating and could feel her heart beating really fast. Knowing that she would hardly get back to sleep, she decided to take a bath. It was unavoidable to think about the day everything went wrong and it made all worst. Those memories haunted her all the time and always made her have nightmares since then.

 

Eunji was lazily walking, moreover it would make no difference if she was fast or slow. Not anymore. She went to the kitchen looking for something to eat, although she was not hungry at all. What Eunji really wanted was to forget those memories but it was impossible. If she looks at the kitchen she will remember her mother preparing delicious meals. If she looks at the chocolate she will remember Minki's amazing skill to eat them all at once. If she looks to the balcony she will remember her dad taking a nap on his favourite chair. Every single detail made her suffer even more and then she decided to look for what would help her to forget everything for a moment and also her best companion since then: alcohol.

 

Unfortunately for Eunji there was not even a drop left. It was then she remembered what happened the night before, where she slept in the bathtub. Alcohol effect on her. She wanted to scream and shout her lungs out to relieve the pain she has been keeping inside her, but she knew it would not her help her except to destroy . Suddenly the idea of walking out there for no reason came onto her mind. She left her apartment and walked. She was freely going nowhere through Seoul' streets, observing the nocturnal landscape. It would have been better if I had not made it..., Eunji thought. After some time walking she stopped next to a bridge, looking at the calm river below it, getting closer to the parapet, leaning her body on it. Eunji analysed the dark water reflecting part of the stars' light.

 

It did not take long for her to start questioning life, as usual. Eunji did not know how many times she asked herself if it would be worth to keep going, if it would have been better if she had given up on everything that was left for her and just let go. Her head was hurting as hell and the coat she was wearing was not helping at all.

 

"Why does every single thing go wrong in my life?" Eunji mumbled, sighing right after that.

 

She closed her eyes trying not to cry - as she has been doing for such a long time - when she felt something warm on her arm. Eunji quickly got up to look at it. There was a girl right beside her observing the stars drinking coffee. Eunji looked to her arm and there was another cup of coffee, just like the other girl's one. She took the cup and looked at the girl standing still.

 

"Coffee?" Eunji asked. It could be beer, she thought.

 

"It's not just coffee, it's an americano coffee, which is more special and tasty. And is way better than getting addicted to beer, trust me" The girl said which left Eunji speechless.

 

"Hm, aren't you giving this to someone else? I mean, don't you have someone with you?"

 

"No. I was about to drink both but I saw you here shaking with this cold wind and I brought it to you."

 

"Thank you" Eunji said a little bit embarrassed, she did not know how to act since a stranger was being so nice with her.

 

Silence invaded that space while the two girls kept staring at the sky. Eunji was still thinking about that nightmare she had. The nightmare that was also known as "reality".

 

"Did you know that it's not possible to burp in space?" The girl said looking at her cup of coffee.

 

"W-What?" Eunji stared at her, trying to understand what on earth was that.

 

"Yes, because of the pressure..."

 

"No, I mean..." Eunji interrupted her smiling a bit "... Out of all things you could say, you talk about burping in space."

 

"Did you ever think on how cool would be going there? Being far away from all and forgetting everything for a moment."

 

Eunji was quiet, biting her cup' straw. The thing she hated the most was to be alone, specially after all that happened but she had no choice and that is how she lives. She could not deny she was already used to but it was still terrifying. Eunji was being once again haunted by those memories from the worst day of her life, her head was about to explode. She tried her best but she could not contain that tears.

 

Eunji lowed her head for the other girl not to see her crying. She took a deep breath trying to hold back those tears.

 

"Forgetting would be great" Eunji finally said.

 

"So let's think about other stuff like..." The girl was still staring her coffee "...pudding!"

 

"Did coffee really make you think about pudding?" Eunji was being entertained with that crazy talk.

 

"It's good to think random stuff sometimes, that is what I do to refresh my mind" The girl said, giving her a sweet smile.

 

Eunji did not notice her beauty until that very moment. That stunningly pretty face and that soft smile made Eunji feel better somehow, in a way she did not feel for a long time. It was then she remembered Minki and his soft smile whenever he received a good night kiss. She sighed staring at the floor, being quiet once again.

 

"You did not drink any of your coffee, you have to feed yourself or else you will get sick."

 

Eunji nodded her head taking a sip of the liquid. She was still wondering why that girl stood there and why she was insisting to be so kind with someone she just saw as she walked by. Eunji thought of everything they talked about, analysing the object she had in her hands, finally seeing the name written on the cup. Chorong.

 

"Chorong" Eunji mumbled.

 

"Yes?" The girl looked at her "Wait, how do you know my name?"

 

Eunji turned the cup, showing her the name.

 

"It was kinda obvious" Chorong said smiling shyly, lowering her head down trying to hide her blushed cheeks.

 

Eunji was staring her. How can she be this cute?, she thought. Minki would laugh at me if he saw this, she thought, being quiet one more time.

 

Chorong was looking at her probably thinking on how insane she was with such an unstable mood, for laughing and then staring at the floor. Eunji had always been a confident person but after what happened she completely changed. She was constantly afraid to be judged by everything she would do, even the silliest things. When Chorong gave her that coffee, she felt scared but it was totally different than how she thought it would be like. That girl made her feel well, in a way she was looking for for a long time.

 

Eunji was silently drinking coffee when she got surprised by Chorong that layed her hand on her shoulder, as a way to comfort her. Eunji looked at her and received a smile which made her smile unconsciously.

 

Smiling was something Eunji had not been doing for a while. She did not find any reason to make her smile or even to keep breathing, but Chorong made what once seemed impossible.

 

"Well, I must say it was really difficult but I finally made you smile tonight" Chorong said as if she could read Eunji's mind.

 

Eunji did not know what to say but she felt thankful for being able to forget everything for a moment. She took the last sip of her coffee, making that funny noise when the liquid ends. It was then she heard Chorong's laugh.

 

"I have to go" Eunji said not really sure why she did that when she actually wanted to stay.

 

"It's OK" It was the last thing she heard from Chorong. She turned around quickly and started walking before Chorong could say something else, taking the way that would lead her home.

 

The wind was cold, Eunji was calmly walking. She did not want to go home but she also had no other place to go, furthermore, the places she rarely goes to were all closed by then.

 

"Where are we going?" Chorong's voice scared Eunji, that was totally lost in her own thoughts.

 

When Eunji turned around she realised that Chorong was not only following her, but they were holding hands. Eunji felt her cheeks getting hotter and she apologized several times but Chorong only smiled.

 

"Do not worry" Chorong replied with one of her hands on Eunji's cheek.

 

Eunji was about to leave again when Chorong called her.

 

"Hold on, you did not tell me what your nome is"

 

"Eunji" She answered with a shy smile on her face.

 

〖∴∵∴〗

 

Ugh, why does it have to happen every night?, Eunji mumbled stressed on her silent room. After staring the roof for a while she got up and decided to leave her house for a walk. To refresh her mind, as Chorong said the night before. Eunji went through the same way and stopped on the same spot. At that night, the sky was filled with dark clouds. She was observing everything trying to focus only on the sky, which was announcing a storm coming soon.

 

Eunji tried to follow Chorong's advice, giving her best just to think about random stuff to refresh her mind. She was so busy doing this that she almost did not realise something warm on her arm. Eunji looked to her side and smiled by seeing Chorong drinking coffee staring the cloudy sky.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hi, there. I'm posting this again because I decided to write one more chapter as a continuation to this and it will be posted right after this. Although the title suggests that is a one-shot collection, I might post some random stuff with 2 chapters here too. Anyways, that's it.