[OS] 1 Year

Eunrong One Shot Collection

It’s been one year since I joined those 6 girls. It's been one year since I left my family to pursuit my dream. It's been one year since I met her. It's been one year since my life completely changed.

One year where I've been working hard with them and now we're promoting our second mini album. One year that I've been into her but I don't know if I should tell her because it could ruin the group and that's the last thing I would want to do, but my heart is making me say yes, I'm gaining strength and trying to be brave enough to tell her how I feel. The way she's been acting around and towards me is driving me crazy, as if she feels the same, but I guess - if she does feel the same as I do - I'll have to be the one to take the first step and confess. I just don't know when, where and how.

 

--

 

After some months, we've been practicing a lot and we became closer, specially Chorong. We stick together and never let each other's side. How do I feel? I don't know how to explain because it's a mix of the greatest feelings someone could feel but while I enjoy being by her side I remember about having to confess someday and it scares me as hell. Insecurity takes control of my body and I end up confused. I'm not even sure if she's okay with LBGT community. With Christmas coming I wonder if it's the best occasion to tell her how I feel. I better wait for the perfect moment, when it comes, I might be able to tell.

 

It was late night when we finished practicing. The girls were on their way to our dorm but Chorong decided to stay there for a while, and so did I. She sat on the floor and took a deep breath, looking at her tired image reflected on the mirror in front of us. I handed her a bottle of water and sat next to her. Silence remained and we kept looking at ourselves in the mirror. She let out a sigh and crossed her legs.

 

“How do you feel, Eunji-ah?” Chorong asked. This question could be answered in a hundred different ways.

 

“A-about what?”

 

“Our comeback”, she replied.

 

“Oh, I think it's gonna be great. We're all working hard for this, but I also feel afraid of people's reaction and if people will enjoy it.”

 

“That's what I'm most scared of, you know, what if we do this and people hate it? I see how you girls have been working hard on this and I trust on our teamwork and on you, but what if…”

 

“Yah! Don't think negatively, you're an amazing leader, we both feel insecure but we have our fans, right? And you have me, and the other members. We're an awesome team, cheer up a little, Chorong unnie” I interrupted her.

 

“I guess you're right. Thank you, Eunji-ah” Chorong rested her head on my shoulder.

 

“There's no need to thank me, unnie. Now let's rest, we'll have to start early tomorrow” I got up and offered my hand to help her. Chorong held it and we walked out of the practice room holding hands until we reached the dorm.

 

“Thanks again, Eunji-ah” Chorong whispered in the dark dorm as soon as we reached there and made her way to her room.

 

--

 

“Aren’t you excited for Christmas?” Yookyung suddenly said.

 

“Of course I am! Why are you asking me that?”

 

“You seem quite quiet these days, I don't really know exactly, you're more talkative”

 

“I'm kind of tired, I guess that's it”

 

“Cheer up!”

 

“I will!”

 

The girls and I decided to have a meal for Christmas, just like last year, since we won't be able to see our family due to our busy schedule. Bomi, Namjoo and Hayoung are the most excited ones, I ended up on charge of the kitchen with our leader. Naeun and Yookyung will be on charge of our dorm’s decoration. The three excited ones will be on charge of the groceries shopping. As soon as they were all out buying their stuffs, Chorong and I went to the kitchen to start preparing the meal. A comfortable silence surrounding us.

 

“It's weird when they leave because this dorm is not as noisy as usual” Chorong chuckled.

 

“They might be having fun right now”

 

“Yah, aren't you having fun with me?” Chorong stopped whatever she was doing and stared at me.

 

“Of course I am, unnie, I enjoy being with you even if we're not talking but just by staying side by side” GREAT MOVE, EUNJI. GREAT MOVE. WHY DON'T YOU REVEAL ALL YOUR SECRETS TO HER RIGHT NOW? SHUSH THAT MOUTH OF YOURS.

 

“Why have you been so quiet these days? I thought you loved Christmas”

 

“I'm just a little bit tired, but I do love Christmas!” I said and Chorong finally stopped looking at me.

 

“You can talk to me whenever you want, okay?” Chorong smiled at me patting my shoulder and I nodded to her words.

 

“I am so damn ready for Christmas!” Namjoo’s voice echoed.

 

“I'll eat until I die” Bomi appeared in the kitchen followed by Hayoung.

 

“Yah, you won't eat until you die because I will eat everything faster than you” Namjoo replied.

 

“None of us are going to eat until we die because we have to promote our song” Hayoung finally spoke up.

 

“That's right, maknaengie. Can the three of you help me and Eunji now?”

 

“Sure!” They answered together.

 

---

 

We were all getting ready for our Christmas meal and Chorong’s voice caught my attention.

 

“Can you help me with my necklace, please?”

 

“Of course” As soon as I got closer to her I could feel the sweet scent of her perfume.

 

“Thanks. Wait”

 

“What?”

 

“Won't you put some lipstick?”

 

“We'll be having our meal soon so I wasn't really going to do that”

 

“Come here” Chorong said with the object in hands. I stopped in front of her and I felt my heart racing. Is she staring at my lips? I looked at her and she got closer, her nose was almost touching mine and I felt that my heart skipped a beat. The tip of her nose met mine. What is oxygen? Is it something to eat? Chorong’s finger were on my lower lip, caressing it and I ended up looking at . She looked directly to me, not moving an inch.

 

“EUNJI UNNIE CAN YOU BORROW ME ONE OF YOUR PHONE CHARGERS? I CAN’T FIND MINE” Hayoung shouted.

 

Chorong ran out of the room and Hayoung looked at her suspiciously.

 

“So, what's going on here?” She stared at me for a while trying to figure out.

 

“Chorong unnie asked for help with her necklace”

 

“Necklace, huh?”

 

“Hayoungie, stop being savage, it definitely wasn't what you're thinking”

 

“Sooo” Hayoung went to the room’s door to look around and came closer to me “You're totally into her, aren't you, unnie?”

 

“W-What? No, Hayoungie. That's not possible, I-I’m not into her”

 

“Oh my gosh, you're totally into her!”

 

“Shhh! Fine, I like her more than I should. Happy now?”

 

“Are you kidding me? This is awesome and…”

 

“Please, don't tell the other girls yet, and don't you dare to tell Chorong, you never heard this” I interrupted her quickly.

 

“Won't you confess?”

 

“I-I sincerely don't know. I don't know if I should, when and where and how to confess”

 

“People often say Christmas is a magical and the most beautiful time of the year! Why don't you confess to her now?”

 

“What?! I'm not ready yet, Hayoungie”

 

“What are you waiting for? I can tell that she's into you too, you two are always together and I'm not even going to talk about this necklace story of yours”

 

“Aish, I'll think about it”

 

“Don't over think, this is your chance, Eunji unnie”

 

“Thanks, love counselor” I laughed and went to the kitchen.

 

---

 

The meal was a pleasurable moment because of them. It's hard to be away from our family but we're each other's strength from now on. Because of this insecurity deep down on me I'm not sure if I saw things or not but I swear Chorong and I were in a staring contest while eating. She sat in front of me, although we always sit side by side. The gifts exchanging was cheerful thanks to an ultra excited Namjoo, Bomi, Hayoung and Yookyung. We even got to sing some christmas songs. Simple and comfy.

 

It was late night and we would be having more practice the other day but we just stood there talking and laughing together. After some time Hayoung suddenly got up saying that we all should clean the house and go to sleep, but then she blinked at me. Is it my chance? As we finished cleaning I waited for them to go to their rooms and Hayoung helped me a lot taking them with her. Now or never, Eunji, you can do it. As I was about to call Chorong to talk to her but she called me instead.

 

“Eunji-ah, can you come here?” Her sweet voice made my heart skip a beat.

 

“Sure” I answered trying not to tremble while walking to the sofa on my way to her.

 

“Hm, can you close your eyes for a second?” She mumbled when I sat next to her. Is it a game you're doing to my heart, Park Chorong?

 

“Okay” I closed my eyes and opened them straight away.

 

“Yah, you pabo I didn't mean it literally, just open your eyes when I tell you to”

 

“What now?”

 

“Open your hands”

 

I felt something light in my hands.

 

“Now open your eyes”

 

I looked at the small folder in my hand and then at Chorong. “What is this?”

 

“I don't know, you tell me”

 

“But you're the one being mysterious here. I don't know what's inside”

 

“What? But Hayoung told me you wanted to give me this” That savage maknae.

 

“U-Uh, let's open it together” I was nervous because I had no idea on what Hayoung planned.

 

“A sheet of folded paper…” I mumbled.

 

“What's written on it?”

 

“Continue from where it stopped” I said and Chorong was avoiding to look at me, thinking on what I read.

 

I kept looking and reading it trying to understand what Hayoung wanted with that. Continue from where it stopped. What should I conti-WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, THAT CAN’T BE.

 

“Eunji-ah” I could barely hear Chorong’s voice.

 

“Yes?” I was paralysed, afraid that Chorong would have realized it too.

 

“Did you understand it?”

 

“I-I think so, did you?”

 

As soon as I asked her I could feel the soft touch of her lips on mine. I was too shocked at first but my eyes closed slowly and I surrendered to her ethereal kiss. I guess Christmas is a magical time indeed.

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: This is an update for Christmas, hope y'all enjoy! Due to the latest news I hope this can warm your heart and make you smile, idk. I'll be busy this weekend with holiday stuff so I'll just let this one shot here, since I'm free now I'll be updating more stuff soon. Have a nice holiday everyone and merry christmas! Put on warm clothes and have a good day, huh? Feel free to comment what you think about it and, yup, another fluffy ff *pretends to be shocked*. Well, you know where to find me (@ewnrong XD). Bye!