CHAPTER II

Your Name (Who Are You?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's POV

"Mr Park, there's still dirty dishes in the sink. Don't think your shift is over yet!" The cook yelled out as he tossed the steaming vegetables into the air, before catching them back in the big round pot.

"Yes, Sir!" Jimin replied back as he grabbed the plates of food that were ready to be taken out to the hungry customers. He struggled to take all four plates in his arms, but amazingly managed. He pushed the door open with his back and quickly made his way to the table. 

"Alright, here we go!" he cheered as he reached his destination. He gave a humble smile to the customers who seemingly didn't look too happy. Once he gave everyone their plates, he gave them a light bow, "Anything else I can get for you?"

"Yeah, next time can we get a better waiter to come assist us, I swear to god I thought you were going to drop the food on my most expensive suit!"

Jimin stood there with his hands folded in front of him and his lips pursed together. As much as he wanted to yell back at the stupid man for being so rude and snobby, he knew that if he let out at least one peep, he was fired. So, he stood there, and took every negative comment that was being spat at him. He had his head bowed, and nodded at everything the man had to say. "I can't believe these people actually hired you. You seem so clumsy, and completely unprofessional! What's your name, boy? I'm about to report you to the manager."

Jimin lifted his head up and looked at the man sitting proudly in front of him as he took a sip of his expensive red wine, "My name is Jimin, sir. Park Jimin."

The man immediately choked on his drink, and started coughing. The woman next to him, most likely his wife, sat up straight and started patting her husband's back repeatedly.

"T-The Park J-Jimin?"

"Yes, sir. Now will you excuse me, I have to go find a better waiter." He said with a small, but cocky smile as he gave the choking man a bow and his heels and walked away. He had a sly smirk on his face as he continued walking, knowing very well that that man's balls probably retreated back inside of him. He entered the kitchen and rolled his sleeves up to reveal his pale veiny arms. 

The cook turned to him with raised eyebrows and pointed at the sink with his spatula. Jimin sighed and put his hands up in the air, "I know, I know. I'm on it." He mumbled out as he grabbed onto an apron and wrapped it around his small waist.

"You know, I still can't believe you work here, Jimin. Aren't you scared that that man is going to say anything to your father?" The cook said.

"Like I said, I want to be treated like a normal person. And I highly doubt it. How is he going to tell him that he was being rude to his boss's son?"

"Yeah well, that man really treated you like a true commoner." Jimin sighed, totally forgetting that every worker had an ear piece and small speaker to communicate with each other, so every employee probably heard every insult that was given to him by the man.

"Hyung." He groaned out.

"Hey, I'm just saying that once you told that man who you were, I literally pictured him choke on whatever was in his mouth." said the cook.

"His face was priceless." Jimin whispered out with a smile on his face.

"I bet."

Jimin wasn't your ordinary waiter/dishwasher at such a fine dining restaurant. Jimin was a rich boy. Living the life in the beautiful city of Seoul. Of course, it wasn't really his cup of tea, and quite hated being raised into the rich family he calls Mother and Father. Although it was something he had grown from, the money and riches never called Jimin's attention. His heart was set on his hometown. Busan. The one place he parents band him from ever going. Ever since Jimin's father became a hot shot and ended up owning one of the biggest companies in Seoul, it was forbidden for the Park Family to set foot into such a city. They were rich now, and had no time to communicate and be around people who weren't their kind. 

Jimin on the other hand didn't mind. People were people, and just because he had the fancy clothes and fancy cars, didn't make him any different. It's not like he wanted them anyways, they were forced onto him by his parents. 'You must stand out and show who you really are!' or 'You are Park Jimin, son of the man who owns a huge company, act like the etiquette man you were raised to be!'.

It was always the same when he wanted to rebel against them. He was never able to live a normal life. A life he wanted to live. He was tired of all the fancy parties with all the snobby and filthy rich people. He was tired of waking up to calls about having to go to company meetings he didn't even have no business in attending. He was tired of walking out of his fancy flat and being attacked by reporters who threw him questions about his father's company, and was he going to take over when the time comes? It was all too much for him. He was only 22 years old, and wanted to experience life the way every 22 year old experienced it. 

So he did.

Although he couldn't escape from his family, and everyone who wanted to know about his business, he had a great, and understanding butler named Mr. Lee. Mr. Lee adored Jimin as if he was his own son. Jimin met him once he arrived to Seoul, and was always around him when his parents had no time for him, which was always. Jimin saw him as a strong father figure, and would kill if anything happened to him. When Jimin told Mr. Lee about his real dreams, and how he wanted to live a normal life, and visit his roots, he immediately felt pity for him, and did everything he could to help Jimin out. 

The first attempt Jimin tried escaping to Busan, he was found 10 minutes later by his father's people and was brought straight back home. He was scolded at, and was told he was such a disrespectful son for not being grateful for all the things they did for him. All the things they gave him. Although Jimin wasn't really fond of his parents, he was never disrespectful in the way he parents liked described him, so he would just sit there and take the blows. 

The second time Jimin tried going to Busan, he never realized that after his first attempt, his father had people watch his every move and report for any suspicious things. Jimin wasn't even able to buy his train ticket before getting dragged out of the train station by the arms by two big men. If visiting his home wasn't going to happen, Jimin still wanted to live like other people. So he applied to a job, and told the manager his story. Although the manager was a little iffy about the whole thing, she wasn't going to just let down a rich employee who could probably bring big riches to the restaurant, so she gave him the job. Hiding it was hard, but it was manageable. 

His parents have been too busy lately to even care about where Jimin is sleeping, or even if he had a full meal everyday. As long as Jimin stayed in Seoul, there were no big hairy men on his 24/7. Even though his daily duties were washing dishes and getting yelled at by rude customers, he loved his job. He loved being treated with no respect. If he ever shared these feeling with someone they'd probably think he had some sort of kink for it, but in reality, this is the way he wanted to live. He didn't want to be treated like a king like he does once he gets home, or walks into a clothing store. He swears those women would kneel and kiss his feet if he asked them to just because he was a wealthy man. Pathetic, honestly. 

"At what time are you leaving tonight, Hyung? We should go out and have some food, I'll pay!" Jimin said as he turned from the sink, drying his hands on the apron wrapped around his waist.

The cook turned to him and frowned, "Sorry kid, I have over time. I'm the cook, I can't just leave! Who would cook for all these snobby rich folk, no offense."

Jimin chuckled and nodded, "None taken." he sighed, "So I guess I'm eating dinner alone, again."

"Guess so. Maybe you should find yourself a girl, Jimin. You're 22! Have fun, yeah. I remember when I was 22, I had so many girl-"

"Yeah I really don't want to know what you did when you were 22." Jimin interrupted him with a grimaced face.

"It's better than what you're doing right now, loser."

Jimin glared at his hyung and went to hang his apron, "Mrs. Kim! I'm done serving all the tables I was assigned and the sink is spotless and empty, can I go now?" he asked as he walked into the Boss's office. She looked up from the paper work in her hands and puffed out her cheeks.

"Disperse from my presence peasant." She mumbled out in a joking tone as she shooed him away with her hand.

Jimin snickered and leaned on the door frame before pushing himself off, "Yes, your Majesty!" He called out as he walked away.

 

 

Jimin walked out from the back door of the restaurant and made his way home. He didn't bother to call Mr. Lee to come pick him up from his shift. He felt like taking a stroll and breathe in some fresh air before getting smothered once he got home. Even though the back street of the restaurant to get to the main sidewalk of the city was a bit sketchy, Jimin didn't really care. He was some what in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter