008. companion

30 day writing challenge

It's human nature to crave companionship, but all his life, Jimin's been alone. He was alone in his pursuit to dance, alone in his dream to be an idol. He was sure his streak of solitude would continue once he became a trainee. When he met his other trainees, he was met with awkwardness and a vague tension.

That is, until a pair of large, dark eyes looked up at him, smiled, and waved him over. Jimin hesitated, unsure how to act in this new environment. Finally, he approached the boy sitting on the floor, who introduced himself as Kim Taehyung. Jimin politely introduced himself as well, sitting across from Taehyung on the ground.

Taehyung smiled, "Well, you look like you need a friend."

Jimin tried weakly to return the smile, "Yeah, well, this place is a bit..." He waved his hands around, gesturing to the entirety of the situation.

"Overwhelming?" Taehyung supplied. Jimin nodded eagerly. "You'll get used to it. Stick with me - I'll show you around."

Like a flash, Taehyung was on his feet and pulling Jimin up beside him, tugging him along behind him as he expertly weaved his way through hallways and people alike, greeting them as they went and introducing Jimin.

Jimin couldn't describe the feeling that was blossoming through his chest. Slowly, a smile across his face grew as he realized what he was feeling. It was friendship.