- 8 -

Always here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

After taking Bell for her ritual walk, I got the daily mail before going in the kitchen to fuel myself with the daily energy a person needed to remain in this dimension. Carelessly tossing the stack of letters on the table I prepared myself some food. While eating my breakfast I half-heartedly scanned through the various messages that truthfully merely were able to enervate me once more. Though while flipping through the stack one specific envelopment caught my attention.

Halting my action of savoring the warm food I lifted the envelope up to inspect it closer. It was dyed in a beautiful violet color and was enhanced with white endorsement. Altogether a soothing design that surely must have cost more than needed. Yet strangely to me it had an ominous vibe that awoke the rational side which suggested to let it remain closed.

Not fully trusting the peaceful object I merely dropped it back on the other letters and continued my earlier activity. Though having now detected the aesthetic mail the before tasty breakfast strangely had a bitter aftertaste.

Throughout the whole day I occupied myself with the work my father asked me to handle. All over trying my best to ignore the pretty envelope which content I still refused to behold.

Tiredly leaning on my well-cushioned chair I inspected the envelopment which appearance surely didn’t scream danger. Slowly righting my back upwards I reached out for it. Taking in a deep breath I opened the cover carefully like I expected an explosion to set off.

However obviously such a Hollywood-style scene didn’t occur. Without further ado I withdrew the smooth card and I proceeded to decode the content. One by one I put the words into a menacing context while throughout noting how with every second my heart constricted painfully.

Now being aware that the beautiful letter turned out to be a horrid grim reaper disguised as an engagement invitation, I vulnerably beheld how my world started to crumble into tiny pieces once more. How a malicious hand emerged to scratch my vital organ in a distasteful way. To distort it in the exact way it once was when my first love decided to tie the knots with none other but my twin.

For the sole reason society expected me to attend another engagement party. With the goal of me joining the mass of attesters who could confirm the soon to be married couple as valid.

The persons who would in the near future enter into matrimony were none other than Kim Taehyung and Wang Yixiar. It was like even the Lord finally grew tired of my apathetic self that still hasn’t accumulated enough courage to confront the said man. Therefore decided to mercilessly draw a finish l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter