Final

Always here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Why are you so nervous? This isn’t the first time you meet my mum."

Currently Taehyung and I were sitting on the expensive couch situated in the Kim estate, while waiting for a specific person to tread into the living room. In hope of distracting my psyched up brain, I decided to play with the hem of my shirt. Though the fact that my boyfriend was laughing at my present state eventually lead me to still remain alerted.

"I know. But this time it is different."

"She won't bite you."

Not fully reassured by his words I wanted to retort. However was halted due to fact that the door opened and a woman walked in. Completely disregarding my earlier intention, I instantly stood up to greet the person. Besides bowing my body to show her my respect, I didn’t dare to look her in the face.

"Hello Mrs. Kim."

Still frozen in my awkward stance I simply observed my white socks like they were the most interesting thing the world had to offer. Therefore I was slightly surprised when suddenly two soft hands place themselves on my cheeks before lifting them upwards.

Immediately I was met with the kind expression of Taehyung’s mother who offered me one of her bright smile. A smile that strongly resembled Taehyung’s. Hence without my consent I returned the gestures with one of my own.

"Aigo. Why so formal my dear? Come on sit down."

Not wanting to disobey the sophisticated woman, I obediently occupied my seat once more.

"You really impressed us there Minji. No one expected such a course of event."

Getting reminiscence of the embarrassing action, I felt a massive amount of blood accumulate around my cheeks. Successfully drowning the slight sedation from a few seconds ago.

"I am sincerely sorry about my action."

"Taehyung the party ended up in a disaster. On top of that the Wang family is still waiting for our reply."

Perceiving the strict and unwavering female voice I nervously squeezed my tights. I was aware of the fact that right now was a crucial time to interject and restore a positive image. Yet my mind merely made place for panic to take over and thus failed to formulate a valid argument. Out of a sudden Taehyung reached out for my hand to intertwine them.

“I don’t intend to marry Yixiar mum. I really love Minji.”

Surprised at Taehyung statement I looked at him to see an unfaltering countenance that to date was a rare picture for me to behold.

“I am prepared to give up on everything if it means that I can be by Minji’s side. You can throw me out or even disown me if you like.”

Due to the fact that it wasn’t the perfect time, I had to muster up an immense will power to not embrace the man I strongly loved. Once more did I confirm that Taehyung was indeed the man I wished to grow old with. The person I would unhesitant give up everything for if it meant that every morning he would be the first thing my eyes would behold.

With new found confidence I faced the older woman who still held an authoritarian mien.

“Mrs. Kim. I truly love your son and won’t give him to someone else. I will do everything to stay by his side. Even if it means that the police will haul me into jail because I abducted Taehyung.”

Unexpectedly the before serious countenance of Mrs. Kim was replaced by a soft and content one.

“No need to go that far Minji. I was only testing your feelings. I wanted to know how serious you two were. Love is unpredictable and I don’t intend to get in the way of my precious son.”

I witnessed her firstly looking at Taehyung before steering her view back at me.

“You two got my blessing.”

I was relieved about the fact that Mrs. Kim approved of our relationship and tightly squeezed Taehyung’s hand. She was inde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter