ISO 400

Between You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 A/N I have just created an account on wattpad @seulgindaeyo hoping to reach out to more jaegi shippers! This one-shot is posted there as well :') 

 

ISO 400

 

Seulgi doesn't know when film photography became her thing. Was it the movie, Before Sunrise? Or was it just a sudden perk of short-term interest into something antiquely, aesthetically pleasing? She couldn't care less to figure out when she was already on her way to a closet photo exhibition, her Fujifilm lanyard hanging loosely around her neck.

With her army green parka coat wrapping her petite frame in the cold autumn wind, leaves were spiralling down towards the sidewalks when she pulled the glass doors open and a chilly, unnatural gush of cold air greeted her face. She gave a small smile, a nod as a greeting to the museum staffs on duty when her ankle boots clicked against the marble floor with every accompanying step she took, marking her attendance in the noiseless room.

The gallery was empty, with a beige wall, nearly fully covered with vintage paintings and colourful frames of various artistes she swore she doesn't want to attempt at pronouncing their names. On the other hand, she was thankful that this museum was little-known, almost unheard of, so that she wouldn't be bothered by the presence of other guests who came to admire her instead. More importantly, she was here to practice a few shots, still figuring out a few basic functions of her film camera she bought online a month ago.

ISO 400? 35mm film rolls? She was still trying to make sense of all the numbers.

Seulgi is old-school. Technology and her name should never be used positively in the same sentence.

 

Loading her camera, at the same time, the doors to the medium-sized exhibition opened, revealing a guy in a long, black, expensive-looking pea coat. His fringe was down, fake round eyeglasses which made him look like a total geek. His vibes were almost like a celebrity's, Seulgi thought.

It took not one, not two, but three whole seconds for Seulgi to realise oh, he is indeed a celebrity the moment he removed the white mouth mask.

Was she supposed to socialise? Because the man standing in front of her was a 94-liner as well, debuted in the same year, belongs to one of the Big 3 companies, shares a common interest towards film photography and now, standing together inside this obscure space.

"You are Seulgi, right?" he said first, his tone coated with a tinge of excitement, a small grin ending his question.

"Jaebum-ssi?" Seulgi asked, praying that she did not get his name wrong, but otherwise ignoring the fact that his name was already memorised in her brain, successfully matching it to his face, even though they were outside broadcast stations and award shows.

He held an expression that made her think he knew something she doesn't, but Seulgi's attention span was too short and broke out of her thoughts when he pointed to the camera on her hands.

"You're into photography too?"

She looked down at the device, before giving an enthusiastic smile.

"Only recently," she admitted, fingers fiddling with the camera. She was awkward, almost shy, when he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter