mama 2017

Between You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1 december 2017

 

Seulgi finds him looking at her amidst the neon lights and screams. Somewhere between the awkward greetings and gossips, she finds herself looking at him too.

 

Backstage is in a frenzy as the digital clock beeped, every minute passing means a minute closer to the start of the show. There are voices on the walkie-talkies, heels clicking and staffs shouting in Cantonese.

Jaebum spots her group walking down the crowded hallway to the artiste's waiting area. His group follows thereafter upon instructions, and he sees that she was already seated with her group mates. His assigned position was a little far from her and he silently wishes that throughout the three-hour long ceremony, he will at least get to see her a little up close. 

 

Backstage, she sees him getting ready too, laughing and joking around with his fellow members when the stylist was fixing his hair. She smiles slightly, since it has been a while she last saw him. She likes the fact that their groups are always scheduled to perform at an almost similar time. She likes that she gets to see him backstage a lot more often, though sometimes it'd be nice to witness his stage, his title track which was written with her in his mind.

It's crazy.

He's amazingly talented and Seulgi can only remember the pulse in her veins, heart beating and palms sweaty when Wendy casually shared this information with her. Jackson and his big mouth, she thinks.

She's also nervous. She's performing after him and what if, what if she makes a mistake because she knows he'll be looking at her again and suddenly she feels the need to impress even though he may seem like a nobody.

They catch each other's eyes unknowingly. Despite the distance, his smile is tugged between a grin and a low chuckle, altogether soft and the kind of expression only special to her. She mouths a "Good luck," and he tilts his he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter