our paradise

Between You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi got the news that he was already on his way to the venue of the Golden Disk Awards before she exited the dorm, dressed warmly in layers because of the cold winter wind. Covering her face with a cap and mask, she entered her manager’s van, and were on their way to his apartment.

“He will be surprised, right?” Seulgi asked her manager, scrolling through her phone looking for some decoration ideas.

“He’s bad at expressing himself sometimes, but I bet he will,” her manager chuckled, looking at Seulgi beside him.

 

She got her manager’s help to carry a few boxes up to his apartment. Entering the password with ease, she unlocked the door and was greeted by 4 cats who stride to the entrance of the door. Smiling, she kneeled down and petted the oldest cat, Nora.

“Oppa, you can leave the boxes on the floor! I’ll text you tonight,” Seulgi said, standing up.

The manager nodded and swiftly closed the door, leaving Seulgi alone in the apartment, and perhaps the company of 4 nonchalant cats.

 

Seulgi put her bag down and unravelled the scarf that was around her neck. Taking out her coat and dumping it on the couch, she was ready to begin this surprise for him.

The boxes contained all the materials Seulgi needed. She had balloons, strings and streamers and a ton of miscellaneous items. She wanted to decorate his minimalistic apartment as much as possible, but also not being too over the top, and to make it something of their taste.

It was the first time Seulgi ever planned something like this. Doing everything single-handedly herself, she was excited for him to come back and spend this very special day with him.

Seulgi’s also got a few photos printed out. Many of those taken of each other with a film camera, but rarely together because they always forget to. There was an instance where they had travelled to Jeju-do together, secretly, just spending the day sight-seeing, taking photos, admiring sunsets and sunrises.

Just looking at those photos brought a faint smile to her lips. Memories came pouring in, and she wondered how she’d grown to love this man that was trying to impress her with backflips and stunts on the show they had appeared together in back in June.

She chuckled silently to herself, and got up on her feet to string the photos together, creating a mini photo wall in the living room.

 

Seulgi finished just in time to watch the awards ceremony on TV. Sniggering when the boys walked out dressed in various cosplays was such a fresh idea, reminding her of SM Halloween parties. She sprawled on the couch lazily, returning back to her phone when the TV wasn’t showing the boys.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter