one hour

Between You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 10pm. I had just ended my radio schedule which was also my last schedule of the day. I waved a good bye to all my members before we each all went into our respective vans. I sat on the passenger's seat, and I waited for my manager to take the wheel.

I just ended my schedule, see you in 30 mins? I sent her a text.

I got a reply almost immediately. Ok!

I smiled to myself, my thumb hovering around her profile icon before I finally locked my phone, tucking it inside my pocket.

“Hyung, would you mind—” I didn’t even have a chance to complete my sentence. I saw my manager looking up at me over the rearview mirror with a smirk.

“Okay, okay. One hour.” He said, emphasising on the one.

I chuckled at him before ultimately agreeing to it.

“Same place?”

I hummed as a yes in response.

The car ride was relatively short since the distance between the broadcasting company and her dorm weren’t too far apart. When my manager successfully drove into the carpark, he parked right outside the lift lobby.

I immediately whipped out my phone from my pocket to inform her I was already here. She was online when I texted her, and she replied with another Ok! Which successfully brought a smile onto my lips. When she went offline, it was a sign that she was already on her way down.

We were at the carpark of Red Velvet’s dorm. It would have been more convenient for her if I was to go up, but they had a rule to not let anyone visit their dorm which I very much appreciated the respecting of boundaries.

My manager lowered the engine and gathered his belongings. “Call me when you’re done,” he said before exiting the van. I made an ‘OK’ sign with my fingers. With that, he exited the van and closed the door with a bang.

I drummed my fingers on the armrest along to an unknown beat. I sensed my heart beat increasing for every second that passed, an uncontrollable reflex that occured every time I was meeting her.

The car door slid open moments after, and I turned my head to look at her. She hopped right into the van and closed the door after her in a fast motion. She was wearing a pair of fake glasses, and her face was mostly covered with a white mask. She paired a black cardigan along with a baby pink top. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun with her baby hair flying in all directions.

She removed her mask upon seeing me, and her eyes immediately turned into crescents, disappearing. I could feel the ends of my lips stretch upwards too. Maybe this was why everyone commented how much we resembled each other.

“Hi,” I managed to say, as if it was my first time speaking to her.

She chuckled at my greeting, shaking her head in disbelief, a grin still lingering on her lips when she did that. “How was your day?” she turned sideways to look at me properly.

I turned my body to her too, so I could put all my attention on her. I thought for a moment about the day’s schedules, events, anecdotes that I could share and so on. I pretended to do a thinking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter