from here to here

Between You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

from here, to here

 

"Seulgi," Jinyoung said over the phone, sounding urgent and exasperated as if he just came back from a run. She was confused as to why he called, taking note that it was three in the morning and there's barely any reason she can think of for the purpose of this call. However, she still hums as a reply, turning on the lights in the kitchen to pour herself a cup of water. "Are you free now?"

She's sure that there's a problem.

 

She heard other voices behind the caller, and she's sure that those were the other guys, probably still practicing in the company at this hour. The background noises were somewhere between murmurs and sighs; she could even picture the rest of them crowding around Jinyoung and listening to her voice on speaker mode as they continued their small chatters in between. Or how they will run a hand through their hair because something has happened which makes them frustrated or even at a loss, which is why they called her primarily.

"Why?" she asked in genuine curiosity, wiping droplets of cold liquid from . She had no clue about what was happening at their side at such an unholy hour.

"Jaebum hyung," he said, heaving a deep breath. "He's breaking down."

Her hand stopped mid-air, while the other clutched her phone a little tighter. That alone was enough to send her sprinting out of her dorm. She didn't miss the sound of a slam of a door before she hung up the call.

 

Seulgi arrived at their company fifteen minutes later, spotting Youngjae and Yugyeom in the lobby. Their eyes were evidently red and puffy, and dried up tears were still shimmering under the well-lit lights. Her chest tightened and heart clenched upon seeing those two boys, aware that they were usually the tough cookie in the group. She have also not seen any of the boys cry, not even once, and she tried to push away the thought of the other boys looking like that as well.

There were so many questions and uncertainties in her mind but she tried to filter out the question marks, aware that she was going to get the answers to her unspoken doubts sooner or later.

She patted both boys on their shoulders, and gave them a tight smile before they dragged their feet up to lead her to their practice room.

If they were going to be melancholic, she had to be the one to put on a brave front.

The mood was manifestly solemn the moment she exited the lift, the elevator making a ding sound when the doors opened. Jinyoung stood up the fastest, followed by Mark and Bambam. Jackson remained rooted to the ground, his Adidas cap covering his eyes on purpose.

"What happened?" she finally asked, breaking the silence in the hallway they had for the past half an hour. Her voice croaked, dumbfounded with the morbid situation. She noticed that Jaebum wasn't with them and she got more worried, knowing who all that boy needed the most. Her heart pounded rapidly against her chest, praying that whatever that comes out from Jinyoung's mouth next was something she could mend.

"We don't know the full situation," he said, voice sounding a lot more desperate than before. "We found him in the practice room, madly throwing everything he sees onto the floor and screaming he's a failure and a bad leader."

Her heart sank.

 

She gently turned the knob, the door making a small click before she officially stepped her foot inside the conventional practice studio. She was greeted with a horrendous sight; papers were scattered all over the dance floor, chairs were overturned and wires were lying ungracefully on the ground.

She spotted him through the mirror, sitting silently at a corner of the studio. His figure looked so lonely, as if he had just created a wall for himself and obstructed anyone to entire his little space.

She heaved a deep breath, blinking away the tears that were about to form.

Her sneakers made creaky sounds when she strides, successfully grasping his attention before he looked down again. She shook her head and chuckled under breath, knowing that Jaebum, a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter