october is the month

Between You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 october 2015

Seulgi's still a little new to this.

She walks down the very familiar walkway, both sides barricaded, obstructing fans standing on stools while holding substantial cameras as if their lives depended on it. The friendly cheers blended well with the invisible spiral of breeze, spinning through the icy wind.

With her hair still in a frenzy, although saved by her unplanned decision to cover it up with a cap, she smiles and waves at the sound of unlimited clicks and flashes, or someone shouting, "Look over here please!"

She braces herself for yet another tiring day of schedules, entering the building with a positive heart.

No matter how ty her day starts out, like not putting on any make up before leaving the dorm, hair uncombed, the sleeves of her sweater dangling loosely over her fingers because the cloth she ordered online was way too oversized, Seulgi still puts a smile on her face. Her natural element was to spread positivity and energy anyway.

Though part of the reason is also because autumn is her favourite season and Seulgi loves her job.

She debuted in 2014 after all.

 

Changing into her favourite stage outfit; yellow sweater with shorts and sandals, she gets her hair done and gelled, make-up completed but with the never ending train of touch-ups.

Seulgi loves the concept of this comeback—playful, quirky and brassy. Not forgetting that she gets to be dressed in her favourite colour, maybe way too often, but the ear-catching rhythmical music might actually be the turning point of her career.

She sits on the couch, signing albums and writing short messages to her fellow colleagues, until her manager enters the room holding two sets of cue cards.

He passes them to Seulgi and Seungwan, already knowing what it is for.

"You two will be interviewing GOT7 since it's their comeback today," he says. "I'll call you guys when y'all are up."

"We're finally employed," Seungwan jokes, leaning against the backrest and observing the cards in her hands.

Seulgi laughs, agreeing with her, and did the same.

She scans through the script.

"It's pretty challenging," Seulgi says, feeling a little nervous as time passes because this is her first time given the opportunity to interview, and her first happened to be a boy group which was also always coincidentally beside Red Velvet's waiting room. 

She loves opportunities like these that are pertaining to her job, but having no experience in this field, even though it's probably only going to be a minute interview, made Seulgi worry.

Seulgi is a perfectionist.

"We can do it," Seungwan, being the more optimistic one among the two, encourages. "We debuted in the same year so it's going to be really, really friendly."

Seulgi can't help but to agree to that.

Both groups didn't really have a specific moment, but Seulgi remembers collaborating with the other 2014 rookies for the end of year stages, sitting beside leader JB, and their waiting rooms were also situated near each others because of debut years and stuff.

It's rather absurd, Seulgi thinks. To have a same-aged group from one of the Big 3's, the constant overlap of comebacks and waiting rooms, but they never bothered to communicate despite seeing each other countless times.

It's going to be awkward, but Seulgi knows GOT7 is funny, outgoing, and socialising with them is going to be easier than it seems.

"I'm excited!" Seulgi exclaims, like a five year old visiting the amusement park for the first time. It's a mix of excitement and agony upon looking at roller coasters with a 180 degree dip.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter