CHAPTER FOUR

Just a Dream || Yoon Jeonghan Fanfic

Jeonghan felt utterly disappointed that he wasn’t able to meet the person even just to say thank you. He ended up sitting on the empty table and ordering a drink so that he wouldn’t waste the chance of entering the café. He also thought maybe a small stroll around the park was a good idea to kill time.

After finishing his drink, he left and walked around the bike lane of Hangang Park. There were quite a lot of bikers biking lately, and by the grassy field he could see groups of families and friends having such a wonderful time together. It made him feel lonely without the twelve other boys.

When he found a tree by the field, he thought sitting there for a while for shade. As he was on his way, he just stopped abruptly after hearing the beautiful strumming of a guitar. Just a few feet away, his dark brown orbs found an attractive female holding onto an acoustic guitar that had a pretty shade of blue.

Her eyes were of hazel brown that when struck by sunlight it would look golden. They were slightly larger than a normal Asian person would have, and they were focused on her fingers. She also had beautiful long straight black hair that fell on her upper back, with a choppy fringe resting on her forehead. The way she just sat there strumming her guitar, Jeonghan just found how beautiful she looked.

His ears could hear the faint sound of her playing. It felt so familiar that he wanted to inch closer. His feet obliged to his thought, and the closer he gets, the more he realizes what she was playing.

Seventeen’s 20.

The male’s eyes grew wide. Her voice was beautiful that his feet suddenly froze from walking. Then, sparkles just started appearing, everything around him just seemed brighter and more alive. He knew music touches people’s hearts, but he never actually thought that it could change what a person sees—it was like magic.

People began to crowd over her while throwing coins at her guitar case. Jeonghan then decided to continue his way to the tree and sit there. Fortunately, he could still hear her guitar playing and her beautiful voice from that far.

He began to hum in sync with the song, closing his eyes as he lets his ears listen. Eventually, he was able to drift off to sleep with a warm smile on his face.

---

When Jeonghan woke, he noticed how there were only fewer people left, and that the sun was setting. He grabbed his phone in his pocket and checked the time.

“I need to get back.” He muttered to himself, and thus began to sprint back to the dorm.

Arriving there, he knocked. He heard a few clanking from the inside before the door was opened by Seungcheol slightly ajar with a chain link. “Jeonghan, you’re back quite late?”

The Vocal Unit member caught his breath for a few moments before retorting. He swept his hair back. “By the way, what’s with the chain lock?”

“Oh,” the leader unlocked the chain and opened the door wider for Jeonghan to finally walk in. “I bought it and had Mingyu install it. It’s kind of best to put in an extra lock with that key lost, right?”

“Oh,” Jeonghan muttered. Then he smiled, “But we don’t have to worry about that now!”

“Really? Why?”

He grabbed his wallet and took out the key, “Ta-da!”

Choi Seungcheol wanted to jump so high. He went and hugged Jeonghan immediately while cheering and jumping up and down. Then, he dragged him to the living room immediately to announce the good news.

Everyone cheered.

“What great timing! We just got our order of fried chicken!” Jisoo exclaimed, holding out a bucket with six pieces of fried chicken.

“Don’t forget coke!” Added an excited DK holding out two bottles of 1.5 liters of coke. Seungkwan joined in with two more.

“Where did this beautiful blessing come from?” Jeonghan’s voice sounded dramatic as he squeezes himself in the circle, in between Jisoo and Vernon. An excited expression was plastered on his face, an expression that everyone had.

He was ready to snatch a bucket and make a run for it. By the time Seungcheol announced to start eating, he immediately took one out of five buckets and immediately ran out of the living room.

“Get him!” Yelled Minghao who was one of the first people who stood up and chased him.

“Jeonghannie-hyung that’s so unfair, we counted each chicken to divide it for everyone!” Seungkwan exclaimed while struggling to avoid a few objects lying on the floor. Mingyu still hasn’t cleaned the dorm.

And once again, it was another noisy night for the thirteen members.

“Aish! Why is our dorm so small!?” Jeonghan complained at how hard it was to hide from his teammates because of the small space their dorm had.

---

Jiyoon couldn’t wipe the smile off her face today when she got out of the hospital from the yearly checkup, after successfully ‘bringing back’ the wallet to its owner, and after busking at Hangang Park. She felt free after that wallet was gone, the fact that she didn’t have to converse with the wallet guy again made her skip her way home while humming.

But on the other hand, she still thought about that person. She wondered if it was actually returned, or maybe they never came at all. She was the type of person to care about everything around her.

When Jiyoon got home, she went straight to her room to sit and ponder about things—most especially wallet guy. Should she send them one last text and ask if they got the wallet, or not? She sat down on her study table and started spinning around on the swivel chair she had.

Her room was medium-sized. Enough for a total of five more people to fit in. But even though she had that big of a bedroom, she never actually hosted a sleepover in her entire life. The walls were baby blue—her favorite color—and covered with posters of Seventeen and just a few classical musicians she was a fan of.

She stopped spinning the chair when she heard the vibrating noise on her table. It was her phone notifying her of another message. Her hand went in to take it and unlocked the phone screen.

“I can’t believe you didn’t come. You thought of me as a kidnapper, didn’t you?” –Unknown Number

Jiyoon sighed and rolled her eyes. She thought she was done and over with the person, but she wasn’t.

“No thank you? Rood. =n=” – Han Jiyoon

“Yeah but I’m like, fourth in our visual ranking. So I’m good looking ;)” – Unknown Number

“Who the hell would rank people’s visuals? Btw, idc about what you look like if your personality is trashhhh!!” – Han Jiyoon

She was already pouting while typing in replies. It would be rude to block the number so she just kept going.

“Yah, I was just joking. I kinda always tease people a lot but my friends are used to it. Anw, I just kinda feel comfortable around you so I like teasing you.” – Unknown Number

For some reason, Jiyoon suddenly realized he also felt free talking to wallet guy. She wasn’t the type of person to be carefree about her words as she always grew up talking politely to strangers. But there was something about this person that just triggered her carefreeness, the way she talks didn’t matter.

And then for some reason, their conversation continued until half past midnight. They talked about their lives vaguely whilst calling each other by the fragment of their first names. It was nice, Jiyoon finally thought she got a friend besides Hye.

“Wah, I think Jeong is pretty.” – Ji

“And Ji is booooring~” –Jeong

“… Welp, okay goodnight jerkkkkk” – Ji

A smile crept up to Jiyoon as she seems slightly used to Jeong’s jokes.

“Can’t you stay a bit longer? I still have a lot to tell you about how cramped it is inside this house;;” – Jeong

“I wish I could but I’m tired!!” – Ji

“Aw okay. Night Ji” –Jeong

Jiyoon never replied right after. She placed her phone on the bedside table and then turned off the lamp. She laid down sideways on the bed while letting herself drift off to sleep by closing her eyes with a smile on her face, repeating on that short and meaningless chat with a complete stranger she now calls a friend.