CHAPTER THREE

Just a Dream || Yoon Jeonghan Fanfic

“Duh? This is why I’m messaging you?” – Han Jiyoon

“I was just making sure. You might be a kidnapper or something~” – Unknown Number

Jiyoon was starting to feel irritated so she began typing as fast as lightning, the pressure she was putting on her phone screen could possibly break her phone’s touchscreen ability.

---

It was half-past midnight, and Jeonghan was still chuckling on his bed while holding onto his phone.

“AND I WAS MAKING SURE IF THE CONTACT NUMBER ON THE PAPER INSIDE THAT SHABBY-LOOKING BLUE WALLET WAS YOURS.” – Unknown Number

“Was it that old?” He muttered to himself, his thumbs moving again.

“I had it for three years, what do you expect? It was six hundred thousand won, look at the brand.” – Yoon Jeonghan

He waited for a few minutes. Probably, the person was trying to check his wallet’s brand and was probably shocked after discovering it.

“Blueberries.” – Unknown Number

Yep, he was right.

“LOUIS VUITTON!?” – Unknown Number

“But lol, you probably wasted all your money on it since you only have three thousand won here.” –Unknown Number

Jeonghan rolled his eyes.

“Can I just get it back? It’s midnight and I need some sleep.” – Yoon Jeonghan

“Says the guy who started irritating me from the start. I use formal language with strangers but you’re too annoying to deserve my respect;; =n=” – Unknown Number

“2 PM, Café Nodeul. The table close to the flower pictures. You’re not good for my heart, geez.” –Unknown Number

Somehow, that short conversation calmed him down. He, who has been secretly worrying about this wallet situation the most. He shifted on his bed to get a comfortable position before closing his eyes.

A part of him started to worry about the way he acted when talking to the stranger. In fact, he didn’t know why he acted like a complete jerk. But maybe it was because he wanted to relieve the stress that built up because of the situation. The whole group was anxious just because they lost their dorm key, it was understandable.

He sighed as he mentally prepares himself for tomorrow. It certainly wasn’t a good idea annoying a complete stranger whom you’ll meet the very next day.

---

“Someone’s bringing back your wallet?!”

Jeonghan shushed the younger male. Right after telling Seungkwan the story, he started causing a big uproar at five in the morning right after seeing his hyung who just got out of the bathroom in practice clothes while drying his hair.

The older smiled and jokingly said, “But what if he’s a kidnapper trying to kidnap me?”

“Ah, that’s impossible, hyung. You’re not that good looking.” Seungkwan shook his hand gesturing it will never happen.

“Says the one who is rank thirteen in visuals,” Jeonghan replied with a smirk.

Vernon, Soonyoung and Dino left from their room with a yawn after hearing Seungkwan’s loud voice just a while ago. “What’s all the commotion?” The performance leader asked, scratching the back of his head.

“It’s like five in the morning,” the rapper whined while running his fingers through his hair, his long bangs were covering his eyes.

Jeonghan clapped, “Perfect timing!” He exclaimed, “Go and wake the others up. Since you all got out of bed, make use of it! Practice is in two hours.”

The three groaned before going back to their rooms to wake the others. Seungkwan joined Vernon knowing how hard it is to wake Mingyu up.

“If he doesn’t wake up after pulling his blanket, I swear to god I am splashing cold water!” Vernon yelled—the latter in English—everyone outside by the hallways could hear his loud voice, especially Jeonghan who was now by the kitchen preparing plates for breakfast.

It took two minutes for the male to hear a loud splash of water and Mingyu’s loud screeching and yelling. He kept his laugh in until the tall male arrived inside with wet hair and new clothes on. Immediately after a good minute of guffawing, he asked Mingyu to make breakfast—making the male sigh.

“Why don’t you do it, hyung?” He muttered, scratching his eyes to take the sleep away from them. But instead of looking back at Jeonghan to receive a glare, he did what he was told and prepared the ramyeon for thirteen members.

You know everyone in Seventeen has already left the bed when you start hearing a loud uproar at every nook and cranny of the dorm. There wasn’t a place that was peaceful, no matter where you go, you’ll end up hearing at least two to three voices wherever you were.

“Coups-hyung! I really need to go so bad, hurry up!” Jun yelled while banging the door to the bathroom that was occupied by Seungcheol. He kept jumping up and down to ease the need to go. “I’m giving you thirty seconds!”

“Hyung! Did you steal my pillow?!” Minghao came yelling from the living room to find Soonyoung at the doorway to their large bedroom.

“What pillow?” A confused performance leader asked, his eyes at 10:10 as he just woke up.

“The really, really soft one that smells like China! You know that’s my favorite pillow!” The younger kept yelling like a kid. “Give it back!”

“What does China smell!?” Soonyoung yelled back.

“Why are my pants on Woozi-hyung’s bunk!?”

“Who took my hat again!? Where’s Coups-hyung!?”

“Seungkwan-yah, I found your shirt in my closet.”

Yep, a typical morning for the thirteen boys. Being used to each other, it didn’t matter how much they fought. They already consider themselves as a family, and what would a family be without any yelling from time to time? And also taking other’s things and using them without permission.

The noise died out when they heard Mingyu call in for breakfast. The atmosphere was suddenly silent, with nothing but the footsteps of eleven—excluding Jun because he finally had his bathroom time—members making their way as quick as lightning to the kitchen for food.

Seventeen’s dorm didn’t have a dining room, so mostly they would all gather and eat together at the living room—which was also where three of the members sleep during the night. Their dorm wasn’t that great, but thinking of the fact that they were all struggling together didn’t seem so bad.

Although Jisoo still wishes his prayer for getting a new dorm would come true. He does that every night.

“Ah,” Jeonghan suddenly breaks the silent atmosphere. “I’ll be going to Café Nodeul after practice.”

Soonyoung made noises even with his mouth full and said, “Buy us chicken, hyung!”

The older male rolled his eyes. He took a sip of ramyeon soup before replying, “In your dreams, Hoshi.”

---

Bumzu decided to finally talk about writing new songs with Seventeen. He asked the members if there was anyone willing to write the song besides Jihoon and Seungcheol. Soonyoung volunteered, pulling Jeonghan in for no apparent reason. The remaining members continued practicing their choreography for Highlight with the help of the Performance Unit without their leader.

It was hard to teach when even the Performance Unit has not yet perfected the dance. None of them completely knew what move the other members had to do so most of the time, Jun would approach Soonyoung to ask about the dance moves.

Bumzu and the other composers were in the other room. It was medium-sized with walls painted green, and it only had a large table with some chairs.

“Something that will make listeners’ hearts go…” Jihoon clutched his heart and made a sound as if he was hurt. “Like, we’re continuing this story where the girl leaves the guy.”

“So we’re going to break the Carats’ hearts this time, huh?” Soonyoung mumbled, a hand on his chin as his mind swirls for words to make into lyrics.

Jeonghan propped his cheek on the palm of his hand, his attention on the ballpoint pen he has been spinning on the table since the start. His gaze returned to Jihoon and the others only when he accidentally made the pen fall.

“Like what would we feel if someone we love leaves us,” Jeonghan finally suggested, “Why don’t we talk about that first before starting with the lyrics? It might help with thinking of the right words to use.”

Everyone exchanged glances before agreeing to the male’s statement. Bumzu stated that it was a great idea to start the mood. "So let me start,” he said, clasping his hands together and glancing over at Jeonghan. “What would you feel if this special person suddenly decides to disappear one day? Like, you visit their house and there was no one there?”

“Like they didn’t even leave a note or something like that which makes you worry about your relationship,” Seungcheol added.

Jeonghan didn’t know what to actually say. The song wasn’t going to be about friends or family so he has no complete clue about the feeling of being left by their significant other all of a sudden. It took him a few minutes before answering.

“I would… Deny the fact that she was gone. Even though I know she wasn’t coming back, I would still blindly wait for her.”

Bumzu nodded, now turning to Jihoon. “What about you, Woozi?”

“I actually agree with hyung. I would tell myself I’m okay, that I don’t miss her. But on the inside, I feel like I’m about to die. How can I live when she’s gone?” Answered the Vocal Unit leader.

“Wow, says the guy who never had a girlfriend before.” Soonyoung clapped making the others chuckle since it was true.

Jihoon ended up glaring at him. “Yeah, but what are you, then? You’re not any better.” He retorted.

The remaining people cheered for the short male’s response, making Soonyoung purse his lips and avoid all their gazes.

---

Jiyoon had a slight panic session an hour and a half before going out to the meeting place to return the wallet. She tried thinking whether the person was a boy or a girl—because as much as she dislikes talking to people, she has always been scared of talking to boys.

She was pacing back and forth in front of Hangang River, having a few more minutes before the meeting time. Her heart was beating faster than usual—although signs like these always make her rush to the hospital, she knew it was because of nervousness so she let it be.

“I should’ve called her in if I knew I was going to be this afraid.” She muttered to herself, pertaining to her best friend. “Hye always knew how to calm me down.”

But then, after a few minutes of pacing, she thought of an idea.

Jiyoon immediately rushed inside Café Nodeul. The place wasn’t packed than usual which was a good thing. She placed the wallet on the table she was supposed to meet with the owner, and quickly ran away like the speed of light in hopes that the owner wouldn’t catch her.

Nobody’s gonna plan on stealing a shabby-looking wallet, right? Probably…

---

Jeonghan was all ready to go to the café when Jisoo stopped him all of a sudden. He glanced over at his friend who was sitting on the chair with his feet crossed.

“So you’re going out dressed like that?” The LA boy looked at him up and down to check how appropriate his clothes were. “You’re sure you won’t get run in by fans looking like Yoon Jeonghan?”

The older male—just by a few months—looked at himself in the body mirror. A simple white shirt, some training pants, and sneakers. The sweat on his face was all wiped out by a towel, but his hair was still slightly drenched. Basically, besides looking like Yoon Jeonghan, he also looked haggard.

“Um, maybe I’ll go get a facemask and a jacket.” He answered.

“No wait,” Jisoo suddenly opened Jeonghan’s wardrobe and started finding some clothes, throwing a few away since the wardrobe was looking really cramped.

“Jisoo-yah, can I just look like I finished a morning jog? I don’t have to look presentable, you know.” Jeonghan said, flopping on his bed.

“Yeah, but you’re going to a café, people are going to look at you. At least look decent.” Replied the male, still rummaging.

Then, Jisoo threw a few clothes on the bed, just beside Jeonghan. “There. Denim pants, some random presentable shirt, and a black hoodie.”

Jeonghan looked at the clothes for a moment before deciding to wear it. After that, he asked for Jisoo’s comment and received a thumbs up.

“I don’t know what you’ll be doing at the café, but good luck. Tell when you get back?” The fellow Vocal Unit member smiled.

Jeonghan was right on time when he arrived inside Café Nodeul. But by the time he found the table they talked about, there was nobody waiting. He thought maybe the person was running late and all. But then he saw his wallet lying on the table, he shrugged the thoughts off.

Quickly, he snatched it and checked the inside. There was nothing missing making him sigh in relief. But he did check one last compartment and found a small paper slipped inside. He took it out and read:

“Don’t ever lose your things again, okay? There are only a small number of good people in this world. Good thing I’m one, huh? :D” –J

It was relieving to finally get the wallet back, but deep inside, Jeonghan actually wanted to meet this mysterious person that he had fun messing with by text messages.