CHAPTER TWO

Just a Dream || Yoon Jeonghan Fanfic

Han Jiyoon loved the holidays. Whenever it was a school-free morning, she would stroll around Hangang Park with either a violin or guitar in hand. She would stay at a bench, open her case and play random songs that pop out of her head. People would come from time to time and throw money in her case. Jiyoon wasn't really after the money, but busking was her way to express herself, being a performing arts student and a shy girl. Music is such a powerful thing, it can connect people.

Today, she brought her violin with her, opening it while contemplating about what to play. She was pursing her lips—a habit she does when she was having trouble deciding something—and hung her head back after getting no idea at all. Should it be classical, or some KPOP song she had been listening to lately?

She sighed and decided to watch the people instead, in hopes of getting ideas from doing so. She had her cheeks propped in her palms as her eyes gaze upon different groups of people doing different things; be it badminton on the grassy field, couples walking hand in hand with smiles on their faces, just anything.

The corners of slipped upwards as she watches life in front of her. It was just so beautiful in her doe-like hazel eyes. She turned next to the basketball court and heard numerous voices overlapping each other. Thirteen boys were making their way with one person holding a basketball. One thing that shocked Jiyoon was that they were all familiar in her eyes.

Seventeen. That one KPOP boy group she had set her eyes on. She didn't know how it felt like to be nervous, she always felt really different when it comes to her heartbeat, but she was sure that she was feeling ecstatic. Seventeen in the flesh, what a lucky day.

And as if a lightbulb appeared on top of her head, she finally knew what to play!

She stood up, placed her beloved violin under her chin, the instrument resting firmly on her shoulder as the bow on her right hand slowly begin to touch the finely tuned strings.

And then it all happened so fast. Her hands started moving so rapidly to the point that it caught every passersby's attention. Her left hand felt so light transitioning from different chords in the neck of the violin. Her right hand moved like she wasn't even holding anything at all.

moved as she sings the lyrics inside her head. Her body was already dancing with the upbeat song she was creating whilst closing her eyes, unaware of the large crowd circling around her and throwing money in her violin case. She might have heard the sound of coins dropping, but none of those mattered right now. She was playing, she was too immersed in the song, there's no stopping right now.

Jiyoon's life has revolved around music. Her parents were both talented and famous musicians who got married after meeting in an entertainment company. So music was already a part of Jiyoon's life ever since she was born, and luckily for her parents, they didn't need to force her since she was already so immersed in listening and singing along to songs when she was three.

She opened her eyes after finishing the song. Opening them was always like transitioning back to reality, but seeing a big crowd after doing so made her prolong her smile, bowing and thanking them countless times with her usual hushed voice.

People slowly disappeared by twos or threes, Jiyoon counted the money left in her violin case. The thought of people throwing money at her was an obvious gesture that they liked her playing, it warmed her heart.

"Wow, maybe I can finally buy that grand piano this year." She muttered, awed by the amount of money she got while mentally adding what she had been currently saving back at home.

She fixed her violin inside the case, carried it, and began her way back home. Her feet found its way walking pass the basketball court that was still occupied by the thirteen boys. She stopped her tracks for a while to watch them play, hiding a small smile that was showing on her face with her long straight hair.

"Wah! Jeonghannie-hyung, get the ball!" Yelled the male with the cutest chubby cheeks ever. Seventeen's Performance leader Kwon Soonyoung.

"Woozi has it! Someone guard him!" The tallest of the group, Kim Mingyu exclaimed. He pointed at the shortest one which was Lee Jihoon.

"I'm on it," and oh, who would not forget Seventeen's cheonsa—angel, Yoon Jeonghan. Jiyoon had always been swoon by the male's angelic features. He had cut his hair ever since Boom Boom, but he still looks so angelic like he was really was an angel who fell on earth.

And how can she forget about his vocals? There was something so beautiful about his voice that she secretly plays Don't Listen Secretly sometimes before falling asleep. And yes, she bought all their albums because why not?

Before she could look any more suspicious, she continued walking. She accidentally kicked something which made her look down since it didn't feel like it was a rock. Crouching down to get a good look at it, she noticed that it was a blue shabby-looking bifold wallet.

She looked inside in hopes of finding information about the owner, but all she got was a key, three thousand won, and a piece of paper with a contact number written on it.

"Is this their contact number?" She asked as if she was talking to someone. Her hands kept rummaging in every compartment of the wallet, but there was nothing to identify the owner. The number was her only way.

Being a good citizen, she decided to take the wallet home and contemplate later about what she will do to return it.

---

What Jiyoon does at home is either play, listen, or compose music. Seriously, this girl has her life literally revolved around music. When she got home, she immediately ran inside the music room, a place she calls paradise. It was a soundproofed room with different kinds of instruments placed neatly everywhere. That one big room was just full of instruments a musician would love to see. And, on the next door was their studio. That was the very room her parents used to record songs when they used to perform and produce one.

Han Junseo and Han Miyu were very dedicated musicians back in the old days. But after Jiyoon graduated high school, they decided that it was time to stop performing and just write songs for other artists. Although, Miyu still guests in TV shows to perform.

Jiyoon spent hours inside the music room. She only left when she heard her mother calling her from the kitchen—her loud voice always resounded everywhere inside the house. She gave her arms a good stretch before walking to the dining room and was then welcomed by her parents giggling at each other while preparing the plates and food.

A smile crept up to Jiyoon's face as she watches them. She never forgot her parents' love story, it was something simple but somehow magical in a way. It made her wonder if she will ever experience something like that someday.

Someday... Is someday even possible for me? She thought.

"What's for dinner?" Jiyoon asked, sitting on her favorite place on the roundtable, where it was close to the fridge.

"Chicken stir-fry, Jiyoon" Miyu answered with the usual smile she always gives out. Junseo always complimented it as a ray of sunshine painted on her face—that what her smile is to him, and Jiyoon just thought it was beautiful.

Who would have thought that a man who has never thought of falling in love would actually fall for the woman he never had any interest in? It was like a dream. Unrealistic and unexpected.

When Jiyoon was younger, she would always talk to her parents about love. She grew up knowing that love was the highlight of life and that thirteen-year-old her would always ask each of them how they fell in love with each other.

"You'll just realize that you're already falling," Miyu said one time. "You never knew why you did, but that's when everything just starts becoming a dream."

"I didn't know what your mother had that other girls didn't. She was the same, just like every other girl I've ever met. But there was something different about her that I still don't know—I have no idea what it is, but I just suddenly thought that she was beautiful," Jiyoon couldn't forget the smile her father had when he talked. "Everyone deserves love, Jiyoon. Even me who didn't expect to. Even a person like you. You might not understand today, but I'm sure you will in the future."

When the younger female's food looked half-finished, she suddenly decided to spark a conversation about how her day went. "So I found this wallet," she took a spoonful of food in , continuing her sentence while chewing. "I think someone lost it, and I couldn't identify the owner since there was only a key, some money and a piece of paper with a phone number."

She swallowed, "I think it might be the owner's number, but then it might be possible he wrote that down to remember some other person's number, right? Like maybe a friend's, a delivery number for pizza... I don't know."

"You should try contacting the number," Junseo immediately suggested, gesturing with his fork. "Even if it may not be the owner's, at least we have a lead. And if it is a phone number for pizza delivery, we should order one after this."

He bit on his chicken, "Also, keys are important!"

Miyu giggled for a second when she heard her husband's last words. She remembered back then when he lost the house key. They were forced to go back to the places they went just to track it down, and thankfully, they found it by some miracle.

"What your father said, dear. Keys are very important." She eyed Junseo who looked away, making her giggle.

"Oh, and honey," the mother faced Jiyoon, "Don't forget that we're going to your yearly checkup tomorrow morning. Wake up at seven, okay?"

After listening to her dad's advice, Jiyoon's only way was to write a text message. She had been staring at the screen of her phone, at the empty text box, for probably more than half an hour, as she was completely clueless on what to type in. She was never good at creating conversations, but she had no other choice; she was a good citizen trying to return a lost wallet.

"Uh..." She bit her bottom lip from nervousness as she slowly types her message. She didn't count how many times she tapped backspace just to paraphrase her sentences, but surely, it was a lot—and it took her ten minutes to hit send.

"Strangerrrr." – Han Jiyoon

Jiyoon shook her head in disappointment as she already feels embarrassed of the way she started the conversation. But since there was no going back, she typed in another message.

"I think you lost your wallet." – Han Jiyoon

She stared once again at her phone for a few minutes, thinking whether what she was doing was the right thing. Inside her head, she was already fighting two opposing sides of her—one was saying that she should've not done that, while the other side kept being optimistic, telling herself that it'll be okay.

It was draining herself and hurting her head. But everything suddenly came to an abrupt stop when she heard Mansae playing on her phone—the ringtone she uses for her messages.

"Are you planning to give it back?" –Unknown Number

"Lol, duh?" Jiyoon muttered, rolling her eyes.