VII.

Devil May Cry

"Oh first born! Fancy seeing you here." The King of hell stands from his throne as he briskly walks towards Seungcheol who is kneeling in front of his father. "What brought my favorite son back here so soon?"

Seungcheol is on his feet, staring at his father with warmth and utmost respect. "My king, I am here for some inquiries I am afraid that confuses me." The king nods his head and ushers Seungcheol towards Seungcheol's seat, the one situated on the right of the King's throne.

"State your queries."

"My king, I am under a contract with a human. But this human shows some kind of resistance. I mean not obviously but some of the standard rules do not apply on him."

"What do you mean?" The king of Hell sits on his throne and crosses his legs.

"He can feel, see and touch me." Seungcheol feels his cheek burn a little, why is this so awkward? It's as if, you're telling your father about the person you like in school.

"That's possible. There are few humans who could do that."

"Why does that happen, My King?" Seungcheol asks.

"Two possible reasons. It could be because the devil and the human, somehow in their past lives had been intimately close or had shared something before." The King side eyes Seungcheol. Seungcheol keeps his guard up, his face showing no emotions, though deep inside he feels strange. Had been intimately close or shared something before, huh?

"Second reason is that, the wish or wishes he made. Maybe he wished that. . ." Seungcheol didn't even wait for his father to finish his sentence when he speaks, "Yes my king, he wished to me to disguise as a human and be his friend. That's the reason. You are so knowledgeable my king! I praise your eternal knowledge!"

The king laughs, his voice booming throughout the kingdom. "Is that all first born?"

"No. That's just one of the fewer concern I have. I am here to ask you my king if a human is possible of levitating on their own."

"No they are not! Unless you did it or he is being possessed by a devil." The king is still laughing. Such an absurd question, he thought.

"But my human levitated without my power and I am sure, My King that he was not possessed because he is under a contract with me and other devils could not claim his body anymore. Other thing is that, his eyes turned into violet."

The last statement catches the King's attention. He stands and Seungcheol can feel the temperature rises. The King of Hell's power can be felt and his eyes turn into a pair of black orbs. "Violet? Are you sure?"

Seungcheol just nods his head. "Is something wrong My King?"

Seungcheol feels his back ache, the part where his wings used to be attached to his back. When a devil makes an agreement with a human he loses his wings in an excruciating and painful way. In a human eyes, it just looks like the wings is being erased but what is actually happening is, a devil which is called the Cleaverist is ripping their wings from the edge in one chop and the shedded pair of wings is kept in a golden sack. Seungcheol is now meeting that same pang now. That's how powerful the king of hell is, by producing a percent of his power he can cause so much torment.

"Violet eyes are unusual regardless if it's in human or devil."

"So it's possible that a human bounded with a devil can have a pair of violet eyes?"

"It's possible my son, but very unlikely. There are just a few facts about violet eyed creature because they do not exist. They are something that just breathe in myths and legends." The king of hell grins and his eyes turning back into its original shade.

"According to the myths, there was once a creature with violet eyes who was more powerful than a devil or an angel but his appearance was closer to a human. The shade of his eyes were not changing and he doesn't have wings. He is neither a devil or an angel nor a human. He is in between. The violet eyed creature is the Supreme God in Heaven's first hand-made creature who was made in His own likeness and who has the same powers like His. The creature was the second most powerful, next to the Supreme God in Heaven. At first, the violet eyed creature loved being the God's right hand man but he isn't contented with being the right hand man, he wanted to be God. . ."

"You mean. . ." Seungcheol trails of, getting where the story is heading.

"The violet eyed creature was thrown by God in the pit of nothingness. The Supreme God in Heaven denunciated him and put a curse on him. His body became two separate entities. The first half, who will start the lineage of humans and the other half, the one with the power and strength who will be the devils' origin. But his violet eyes are taken away from him. His violet eyes will just return once the two entities become one again."

Seungcheol's mind is wandering. His brain finding it hard to believe that a human as fragile and vulnerable as Lee Jihoon can be the violet eyed creature's whole, the reincarantion of such a mythical creature. "My king, do you mean that the human who is under a contract with me could be. . ."

The King of Hell flicks his eyes towards Seungcheol and shrugs. "I am not sure but if that's the case, that human is the heir of the violet eyed creature or he could be the violet eyed creature himself." Seungcheol's brow lifts as he noticed his father contemplating over something.

The King of Hell eyes his first born son with warning.

"Your human could be the violet eyed creature himself, Lucifer, the right hand man of the Supreme God in Heaven, the omega of the human race and the genesis of the devils' existence."

 

†††

Seungcheol lays still, the color of his eyes changing from dark brown to ruby red every time he blinks. His back still aches but he is not focused on that but the conversation he had with the King of Hell.

Lucifer.

Based on the knowledge he has, Lucifer is the very first devil and is the devils' sire. Could it be possible that he would be reincarnated into a human and by faith would be bounded with a devil? Not just to an ordinary devil but the first born, the heir to the throne of Hell. But a devil couldn't have a deal with another devil regardless if they were in a human's body. Lucifer was the most powerful creature that ever was sent to earth, even the king of Hell himself admitted that his power was still very far from Lucifer's.

Seungcheol closes his eyes, he can hear Jihoon who is in his own bedroom humming softly to himself. Jihoon is given a very angelic voice but because of Jihoon's introvert personality he cannot maximize the potential he has, even his talents and his passion in music are put into waste.

"I know you can hear me." Jihoon whispers. Seungcheol can't help but smile. Being a devil is exhausting, living decades after decades is slowly taking its toll on him, and having Lee Jihoon is like a breath of fresh air.

'How did you know?' Seungcheol's telepathic power is welcomed by Jihoon's gasp.

"How dare you invade my thoughts, Prince of Hell?!" Jihoon shrieks.

'Don't worry, I am not reading your mind. I am just talking to you through telepathy.' Although Jihoon can't see it, he can picture Seungcheol grinning from ear to ear. Just by listening to Seungcheol's voice lulls him.

"What are you doing?" Jihoon lays on his back as he stares at the ceiling.

'I am thinking about you.'

Jihoon chokes on his own breath, did he hear that right? What? Jihoon feels his face heat up and his cheeks turning rosy pink.

'I went to "Hell" just a couple of hours ago to talk to the King and ask him something.'

Jihoon yawns as he rubs his eyes with the back of his hand, he covers himself with his blanket and hugs the pillow beside him. His day was as tiring as any other day, he just came back from his part-time job. It is now almost two in the morning and he still doesn't have a wink of sleep. Later, once he wakes up, he'll face another tiring day. Just by thinking of it makes Jihoon physically tired.

"What did you ask him?"

'I ask him about you.'

Jihoon chuckles and murmurs something. It sounded more like a gurgling sound in Seungcheol's ear. 'I know you're not a human Lee Jihoon.'

Jihoon should have reacted to that statement if he didn't fall asleep and lose his consciousness. Jihoon should have known that Seungcheol is correct if his body isn't taken over by something, by someone. Seungcheol is correct, he is not a human after all.

Lee Jihoon is not an ordinary human.

A pair of gigantic fiery red wings appeared from Jihoon's scapula. The wings envelop Jihoon's sleeping figure. Jihoon floats as the wings protect him. The wings glow as Jihoon slowly opens his eyes, his violet eyes. Jihoon stands on his feet and spreads his grandiose and majestic pair of fiery red wings against the darkness of his room. The flapping sound breaking the silence of the night.

Jihoon closes his wings and walks towards Seungcheol's room which is equally dark as his own. Jihoon can see a pair of glowing dark brown eyes studying him.

"We meet again." Jihoon grins.

"Who are you?" The prince of hell's voice is soothing, as if he is talking to a three-year-old who's having a tantrum. Jihoon chuckles.

Seungcheol watches as the fiery red wings spreads fully in front of him. Jihoon puts an arm against his stomach and bows to Seungcheol.

"My name is Lee Jihoon. Don't you think it's a little bit harsh to ask me what's my name when you already wrote my name in your little black book under the entry, Souls To Be Collected?" Jihoon mockingly asked.

"I know who you are."

"Really? Then who am I?"

"You are Lucifer, The Genesis."

A crisp, deafening laugh escapes Jihoon. Seungcheol flinches a bit as he feels the power coming from Jihoon. The power he can feel is already 50% of power the King of Hell have and it is just a percent of Jihoon's.

"I am not! I told you, I am Lee Jihoon!" Jihoon is still laughing as he eyes Seungcheol whose eyes are now ruby red. "My, my, my, my Seungcheol."

"I am Lee Jihoon but a different one." Jihoon's eyes sparkle. He extends his hand towards Seungcheol, Seungcheol snarls. Jihoon smirks and retracts his hand away.

"I am not the Lee Jihoon that the devil had a contract with. I am the first Lee Jihoon. Your Lee Jihoon."

A very powerful magic causes Seungcheol's eyes to forcefully shut. He feels his surrounding fastly spins around him causing him to be nauseous. A small hand holds his and he slowly opens his eyes and is met by Jihoon's smiling face.

The warmth of the small hand against his skin.

The smiling face.

Jihoon doesn't have a pair of fiery red wings but his eyes are violet.

The violet eyes.

The sweet voice.

It is all too familiar to the First Prince of Hell, au fait familiar.

"I am Choi Seungcheol's Lee Jihoon."