I.

Devil May Cry

A pair of beautiful black silky wings spreads in front of him. Some of its fine feathers which are removed from the roots are floating everywhere. The creature, which bares the magnificent wings sits with its legs crossed at the top of the highest building in Korea, watches him with keen and observant eyes.

Jihoon tries to catch one of the floating feathers but as he reaches for it, the tip of his finger is burned as it brushes against the black feather. Jihoon hisses to himself as he holds his burnt finger with his other hand.

Jihoon looks back at the creature but it is nowhere to be found. Jihoon can hear the loud flapping sounds coming from around him. He looks around frantically, trying so hard to find or even catch a glimpse of the creature.

The sound becomes louder and nearer. The wind sharply hits Jihoon's face. The wind is cold but he can feel the heat radiating from the creature whose feet dangles above the ground. Jihoon lifted his chin, mesmerized at how beautiful the creature is up close.

It is not an It, it is a Him.

Large, charcoal-colored, doe eyes stare at him. Changing from charcoal colored to ruby red alternately. Jihoon's throat feels tight as if there is someone invisible choking him. Jihoon watches as the creature's eyes changes from charcoal to ruby and suddenly it was of emerald color.

"I own you."

The creature's voice is deep, and it is nearer to a growl than a real voice but there is something about that deep, growling voice that Jihoon finds comforting. There is something about that voice that tells Jihoon that he will rescue Jihoon. There is something about that voice that Jihoon longs to hear. There is something about that voice that promises Jihoon that he will be Jihoon's salvation. The creature has fair complexion that fits his manly appearance. His luscious lips as red as Jihoon's blood.

Jihoon coughs and chokes, producing labored breathing as he strives to even his breath. He can feel that at any moment, he will definitely pass out, if he's lucky. But if he's not, he'll be collapsing dead on the ground. His chest constricts and his vision slowly losing its focus.

The creature tilts his head and points his finger on Jihoon's chest, at Jihoon's heart to be exact. Jihoon can feel the chill running his spine as the creature traced his chest with his finger. His long and sharp nail scraping Jihoon's shirt, tearing it, scraping Jihoon's skin and flesh at the process.

Jihoon's chest itches and he can feel the blood gushing from his skin. Jihoon's face is pale and his oxygen is not enough to keep him either standing or living. Jihoon roars as the creature plunges his finger deep into Jihoon's chest.

Jihoon swears, his consciousness slowly leaving him.

"You're a tough one."

The creature's finger goes deeper as Jihoon's body collapses. His knees meeting the ground with a loud thud and his body limping. He is tired and he feels lifeless though he knows that he's far from being dead because he can still feel the pain that the creature is inflicting.

Pain.

When he calls for the creature Jihoon didn't imagine that it will be this easy. Who would have thought that summoning a devil was this easy? Jihoon had laughed a few weeks before when one of his classmates boasted to the whole section that he had summoned a devil in his room. He laughed. But Jihoon knows better now.

When he calls for the creature, which is the devil, Jihoon didn't imagine that he will be having a deal with him. He didn't imagine that the devil can pursue him in having a deal with him, with Jihoon's soul as the payment. He didn't imagine that it will come this far.

When he calls for the devil, Jihoon didn't imagine that it will be this painful. It hurts like hell.

Jihoon's eyes are slowly closing. He's tired. Too tired. He wants to sleep. To sleep deeply.

A pair of bare feet lands in front of him. The devil is here. The devil is in front of him. The devil wants his soul. The devil wants his humanity.

The devil kneels, his face aligned with Jihoon's.

Such a handsome devil.

The devil smirks, showing his dimple.

"Aren't you going to die yet?"

Jihoon shakes his head, mouthing breathlessly, "I don't think so."

The creature tsks, his finger suddenly violating Jihoon's wounded chest. His finger goes deeper and deeper until it is poking Jihoon's heart. Jihoon feels his head turn, his whole world spinning around him in a fast pace. The gravity pulling him up and down then up again. It is too much. It is too painful. Why am I still alive? Please, just kill me.

Jihoon screams. His voice, a couple of octaves higher, his breathing pattern is now non-existent. Sometimes he feels that he is breathing, most of the times he cannot.

Jihoon struggles to reach for those wings, the wings that are spread mightily against the gloom of the night. The devil closes his wings, retracting it from Jihoon's touch. Jihoon winces and glares at the devil. The devil chuckles more humanly.

"Why did you call me?"

Jihoon closes his eyes, but the devil snaps his fingers causing Jihoon's eyes to open involuntarily.

Jihoon shrugs though it takes a lot from him just to make a simple shake and shrug.

"I hate repeating myself. So better answer." The devil's eyes are now a pit of dark orbs.

"I just wanted to know if it's true. If you're true."

The devil contemplates, "So you experimented?" The devil asks.

"What did you find? Am I real? I mean, are devils real?" The devil's eyes are now back in a ruby red color and there is a glint of fascination in his eyes.

"Definitely real." Jihoon smiles. How can he smile in this kind of situation? Maybe it is human nature? Fight or flight. He cannot fight, and flight is a worse idea. Maybe this is called acceptance. Acceptance of the fact that he will die sooner than expected.

The devil rises to his feet, pulling Jihoon to his own feet. Jihoon groggily stands using all of his strength left with the help of a firm grip on his arm. He can perfectly, factitiously stand. But it only lasted for seconds, his face comes crushing against the devil's toned chest. The devil smells a cross between smoke combustion and earthly, somewhat forest-like smell. His smell is not that bad, he smells nice given the fact that he lives in a place that is so hot and full of sulfur and other bad smelling things and creatures.

"Are you alright?"

Jihoon wants to laugh. Are all devils these stupid? Why would you ask me if I'm alright if it's you who put me in this situation? After poking my heart with your finger you’re asking me if I'm alright? "."

The devil laughs.

The devil lau-

Wait, why are you laughing?

"Ahh. I like you."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Should I be happy or not?" Jihoon's face wrinkles in a small smile. A small, painful smile. Even smiling is hard.

"I don't know? It's either good or bad. Be happy or not. It's up to you."

The devil flares out his gigantic wings. Jihoon leans closer against the devil's chest and slowly reaches for his wings. Finally. He reaches it and touches it gently.

Unlike before, the feathers are just warm not burning hot. It is a relaxing kind of warmth as if accepting Jihoon's advances. Jihoon rubs it with his palm. He can die. He can die right now. Right here. In the arms of a beautiful devil with its wings spread open for him. Just for him.

Jihoon leaves the comforting friction of the ground against the sole of his feet as he is held afloat by the devil. The devil's arms snake around his waist, supporting his weight. Jihoon does the same, holding onto the devil's arms.

"I own you."

The devil envelopes Jihoon with his wings, covering Jihoon's body with the warmth of his gigantic and magnificent wings. Both of them, inside the comfort of the wings that acts as their shield and fort.

Jihoon stops breathing, his chest stops the struggled rise and fall of it. Jihoon's body is pale and his body turning into a cold one.

Jihoon is dead.

"And you own me."

The devil whispers and brushes Jihoon's still warm lips with his. The devil kisses Jihoon passionately and his hand, finding its way on Jihoon's chest, feeling for that hole he made a while ago.

The devil puts his palm against the hole and a light radiates from his palm. The hole is slowly closing and Jihoon's heart starts to beat again.

It beats once.

Twice.

Thrice.

The devil kisses Jihoon again.

Four times.

Five times.

Six times.

Jihoon kisses back.

Seven times.

Eight times.

Nine times.

The devil's eyes turning into a sapphire colored one.

Ten times.

Eleven times.

Twelve times.

The beautiful gigantic black wings slowly vanish as if being erase.

Thirteen times.

The two of them open their eyes. Their eyes sharing the same shade. Dark brown.

"You belong to me and I belong to you. You are mine and I am yours until the end of your lifetime and your afterlife. You are mine forever."