Jongup

B.A.P Mafia AU Oneshots

Jongup was a man of few words and even fewer thoughts. He was raised to kill without thinking, kill without mercy and to kill without emotions. The first time in his life he remembers having any emotions was when he was 14. It was when he had met the 19-year-old Yongguk who had run away from home.

Jongup has been assigned a mission. It was a simple kill. In his 14 years of life he had already killed about a 100 people. He had started at the age of 11 and he had been born to do it. It was in his blood. The mission he was on was only going to take him an hour at most but then came Yongguk. Yongguk probably hadn’t meant to be there but it was just the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yongguk who had run away from home had shown Jongup kindness he had never had the luxury of. His family were assassins, they were ruthless. He wondered when his parents even had the time to meet and fall in love. They showed zero emotions. He was the youngest so often he got picked on and told he was useless and he got sent to the worst missions. He took it all with his head held high. He trained hard to be the killer he was known to be at the young age of 14.

During his mission that day though for the first time he had felt what it was like to have someone care for him. Yongguk had shared his food with him and told him why he had run away from home. Yongguk shared his dream of being the person the weak could turn to for protection and Jongup had felt so moved that he declared that him and Yongguk were friends.

His father had once warned him that friends were nothing but a weakness and that day he had made his first friend but also understood what his father had meant.

His target had shot at Yongguk while they were distracted. Jongup had felt so much hate at that moment that all he saw was red and he had mindlessly shot at his target. About 30 bullets in he felt an arm on top of his hand which was holding the gun, still pointed at the dead target.

“Stop”

It was Yongguk. He was clutching his side where the bullet had lodged it self. There was blood everywhere. Jongup felt worry.

“I’m fine”

Since then Yongguk had helped Jongup control his killer inside of him.

He had also met Himchan that night when Yongguk requested Jongup to take him to his friend’s apartment. Himchan had been so shocked to see the two but took them in without a second word and patched Yongguk up. Himchan had forced Jongup on a chair and checked him up as well.

Jongup had felt safe.

Jongup then felt tired and he slept peacefully.

In that one day he had felt so many emotions. He never knew he had so many. Yongguk had taken him to his base the next day after Himchan had gave them enough food to last them a week. Jongup questions Yongguk about the base and he smiles and says that he had been doing some work secretly and yesterday he finally had the courage to tell his dad he didn’t want anything to with his company and left.

About a year later, they met Zelo and Himchan had joined them after an incident that Yongguk said he would rather not talk about. Somewhere along the line Youngjae, Yongguk’s trusted information seller had also joined them and eventually Daehyun came along.

Jongup felt like this is what family was supposed to be like. He was proud of his little family.

But Jongup was still a man of few emotions. Every once in a while the killer in him came out and Zelo would have to knock him out with special darts that Himchan had made especially for Jongup.

So when he saw you for the first time he wasn’t sure why his heart skipped a beat. And he doesn’t know why his heart sinks when Yongguk presents him with a picture of you saying that their next mission was to kidnap you.

“Whatever you do, you are not to hurt the captive. We want information”, Yongguk says before sending them away.

Himchan is in charge for this mission, Youngjae is to say behind on their base and give them information about your location, Zelo is there for back up, Jongup is there to cover for Daehyun while Daehyun does the actual kidnapping.

Jongup couldn’t believe it when Yongguk said that you were working for their next target. Their target this time was involved in some illegal business activities like human trafficking.

The actual kidnapping is over before he knows it. Daehyun is so good at sneaking up behind people that Jongup doesn’t feel like he was needed. No one even noticed Daehyun as he got to you and pointed his gun to the back of your head.

“You’re coming with us”, Daehyun simple says and you just nod.

You don’t know what is going on. One minute you are out with your co-workers for a few drinks. You step out to make a quick call and as you ended the call you feel the cold gun against the back of your head.

You obediently do as you are told. As the man leads you, you see another coming out from a corner. You recognise him as the guy from the café. You look at him pleadingly but unfortunately he doesn’t meet your eyes.

“That was easy”, the guy who put the gun against your head, says.

The guy from the café just nods. And you realise why he won’t meet your eyes. He was one of them. They lead you to a van where two other men greet you. They take you to what they are calling their base and you just sit in the back of the van without an idea of what was going on.

The tallest of the guy introduces himself as Zelo and tells you that you will be fine as long as you do as your told.

“If you are lucky, Yongguk will let you go”, Zelo says.

If I’m lucky”, you say.

Zelo goes on to point his friends out. The one who was driving was Himchan, the one who captured you was Daehyun, and he was loud for someone who managed to sneak behind you so quietly. And finally the guy from the café was Jongup. He doesn’t say much.

When you get to their base Zelo and Jongup lead you in. There you meet Yongguk, their leader and Youngjae.

You are made to sit down as the six boys surround you. It’s a little bit intimidating. that, you are scared. What could they want from you? Yongguk asks for your name and you give it to them.

“Do you know who you work for?” It’s Youngjae who asks.

“BtoB Company”, you say.

“Do you know what they do?” Yongguk asks.

“Barely, I am only a simple office worker. The only thing I do is silly paperwork”, you say honestly.

“What is the paper work about?”

“It’s usually about shipments and deliveries”

“Do you know what they are shipping?”

You draw a blank. You don’t know. You just know where things are being delivered. You never stopped twice to think about what was being delivered.

“Humans”, Yongguk says.

“What?”

He passes you a piece of paper. You take it with a shaking hand and your eyes skim over the paper.

One female.

Three children.

Two female.

One male.

The list goes on and on, with prices and addresses. You recognise some of the addresses. And at the bottom of the page were your name and your signature.

“Why is my name and signature there?” you ask. Your voice shakes.

“That’s what we would like to know”, Yongguk says.

“I didn’t sign this”, you say as you start shaking.

“How do we know you aren’t lying?” Daehyun asks.

That smirk on his face makes you want to wipe the floor with it.

“I believe it”, Jongup speaks up.

Everyone looks at Jongup.

“Really? The one person who is known to be the merciless killer?” Daehyun asks.

“Let’s hear your logic out, Jongup”, Himchan says.

“Hasn’t tried to run away, hasn’t lied, is clearly afraid and Daehyun, I could kill you without a second thought if you want me to live by my name”, an evil smirk graces Jongup’s face and Daehyun gulps.

“I’m ok”

“I can believe it too”, Zelo backs Jongup up.

“Yeah, me too”, it’s Himchan who spoke up next.

Yongguk eyes you with regard.

“Yeah, I had a feeling”, Yongguk sighs.

“But! I still want to keep an eye on you so unfortunately you are stuck with us”, Yongguk says.

You want to scream but bite your lip. What were you supposed to do with a gang of killers?

“Jongup”, Yongguk calls

“Yeah?”

“You are in charge of our hostage”

“What?”

“I have a name, thanks”

“Our hostage likes being called by their name instead of hostage”, Daehyun says and you still want to wipe the floor with the smirk on his face.

“Don’t listen to him”, Youngjae says.

“Anyway, Jongup will show you around and I guess Himchan is going to get you some food if you are hungry”, he says.

Himchan nods with a bright smile.

“Jongup come to the kitchen afterwards”, Himchan says and Jongup just nods.

“Well, I hoped to see you again but I didn’t think it would be like this”, you say as the rest of the guys leave the two of you alone.

Jongup hums in reply.

He looks calm but his heart skipped a beat when you told him you wanted to meet him again.

“Does this mean that I don’t have a job anymore?” you ask.

“Probably”, Jongup replies simply.

“Will I ever be allowed to leave here?” was your next question.

Jongup looks at you. His eyes are intense but you don’t feel uncomfortable.

“Once all of this is over and your name is in the clear, we will let you go”, he says and you feel relief wash over you.

“Thank you”, you say and smile at him.

He smiles back at you and your heart skips a beat. Once Jongup is done showing you around, he takes you to the kitchen where Himchan serves up some of the best curry you have ever hand. You thank him and Jongup takes you to his room. His room is bare and darkly lit. He has a bed, a sofa, a table and a wardrobe. The walls are bare and there is no picture anywhere, there are some books lying on the table but that’s it.

“You can sleep on the bed”, he says as he digs out a t-shirt and some basketball shorts from his wardrobe that you can sleep in. He points you to the bathroom in his room and tells you that you can shower.

You simply nod and do as you are told. He had been quiet gentle with you so you don’t feel too scared. Once showered you come out to see Jongup lying on the sofa with a blanket over him. His bare shoulders visible and he looks like he is reading his book.

“Are you comfortable?” you ask and he hums in reply.

You climb into his bed and snuggle up. His bed sheets smells like him and it feels comforting. You fall asleep before you know it.

And just like that you get used to your new life with the B.A.P boys. You grow closer to them and you talk to them and eat together like normal people. You sometimes forget that they are a deadly group of boys. Some times you watch Jongup and Zelo dance together. Jongup is very graceful while dancing while Zelo uses very strong and sharp movements. They are both good but different types of good. You sometimes cook with Himchan, then you help Youngjae with some of the data collecting as you are familiar with BtoB’s system and then once in a while you sing with Daehyun just to entertain him, even though he sings the most among the two of you. And you even manage to find the comfort in Yongguk’s silence. It’s mostly when the rest of the boys are out on their raids. You worry for all their safety so you keep Yonngguk company.

The biggest change is you sharing the bed at night with a shirtless Jongup. You don’t know when it happened but after a long night he had just thrown his shirt off and crawled in bed. You had a feeling that this was what he naturally did when you weren’t here but he hugged you tight as he slept peacefully.

He looked so peaceful when he slept. You brushed the hair away from his face. You poke the little mole on his nose and smile. He opens his eyes which shocks you but instead of saying anything he holds on to you tighter and buries his head in your neck before falling back to sleep.

“I think I finally got it!” Youngjae says as he calls all s and you over one day.

He shows all of all the data and solid proof he had managed to find. He also managed to find proof that all your signatures had been forged. That would clear up your name with the police. Yougjae says that he has already sent that proof over to the police.

You thank Youngjae and he gives you a satisfied smile.

“I also found out where they are doing their business tonight”, Youngjae says as he pulls up another page with a detailed map and he explains his plans.

Yongguk gives him a nod of approval.

“It is an underground auction at a ball so, it’s time to get dressed…oh and you too”, Youngjae says looking at you.

“Me?”

“Well, yeah. You are coming with us”, Zelo says.

“What?”

“You are going to be Jongup’s date”, Himchan says.

“WHAT?” both you and Jongup yell.

“I have already decided”, Yongguk says firmly and it shuts both you and Jongup up.

You end up getting all dressed up along with Jongup. Jongup looks uncomfortable while the rest of the boys are fixing up their ties.

“This is a bad plan”, Jongup argues but no one listens to him.

“What if something goes wrong?”

“You doubt my plans?” Youngjae sounds offended.

“That’s not what I meant”, Jongup says.

“Just, relax. I got your back”, Zelo says as he grabs his gun.

Somehow the rest of the boys manage to shove you two together in a car that Himchan is driving while the rest of them follows behind in Youngjae’s usual van. Eventually all of you manage to get into the auction. Jongup has a tight hold on your hand. It is comforting. Also the fact that he has a gun hidden in his suit pocket is also comforting.

As the auction starts you prepare yourself. The plan was simple. Youngjae would find a way to turn all the lights off and in the blind panic Zelo was going to shoot all the culprit behind the auction while Jongup got you out to safety. Himchan and Daehyun were hiding among the audience for back up in case something goes wrong.

Jongup is still holding your hand.

“Ready?” it’s Yongguk speaking to them through your earpiece.

“3…2…1”

The lights go off and imminently people start screaming and you feel Jongup pull you up by your hand. He squeezes your hand and you squeeze his back in return. He swiftly leads you through the audience as you start hearing gunshots. There are more people screaming.

Jongup stops walking and pulls you in for a hug. His body heat is warm and comforting. You slowly wrap your hands around his waist.

“You will be free soon”, he whispers and he says it so sadly that your heart sinks.

Before you can say anything he lets you go. You hear a click and bright light pours in through the now open door. You feel Jongup pull your arm and push you out the door.

“Jongup!”

But the door is shut again. You start banging on the door. You stand there feeling hopeless. You hoped Jongup was safe. You hoped all of them were safe. You feel your heart sinking as you think about possibly losing Jongup.

While you are lost in your thoughts someone places a gun on the back of your head, making you freeze.

“Well, look who it is”, that was the sound of your boss’ voice, Minhyuk.

“You have been aiding those dammed B.A.P haven’t you”, he whispers in your ear.

You can’t say anything. Your mind has gone blank.

“How should I repay the favour?”

He starts walking circles around you. The gun is still pointing at you. Your mind starts screaming but you keep a calm exterior.

“Do you want to watch all your little friends die?”

“NO!”

Minhyuk laughs.

“I didn’t think so…how about I kill you first?”

You look eyes with Minhyuk and you take a deep breath. You close your eyes accepting your fate.

“Good choice”

You feel the gun on your forehead as you brace yourself. The gunshot rings in your ears but you don’t feel the pain. Instead you hear more and more gunshots. Your eyes are still shut tight but the feeling of the gun to your forehead is gone. You slowly open your eyes to see Minhyuk on the floor.

Jongup is standing there. His eyes look hollow as he carries on shooting Minhyuk’s dead body.

“Jongup!”

He doesn’t look up.

“Jongup stop!” you run to him and pull his hand back to stop him.

He finally looks at you and drops the gun. There is still a distant look in his eyes. You take his face in your hands.

“Jongup”, you whisper his name.

He looks like he is in pain but your voice doesn’t reach him.

“Jongup, you’re ok. I’m here”, you say softly as you pull his face down to your level.

You gently place a kiss on his lips and as you are about to pull away you feel his hand on the back of your head. He is kissing you back.

He whispers your name once the two of you finally pull back.

“I love you”, he whispers and you feel your heart skip a beat.

“I love you too”

You hug him tightly, happy that he was safe.

“I guess I’m not needed then”, Zelo says as him and the rest of the boys stand on the side awkwardly.

You can hear Yongguk softly chuckle over your earpiece.