Daehyun

B.A.P Mafia AU Oneshots

Daehyun normally didn’t get distracted easily but he had his head swimming in information for the next raid. This was when he bumped into you. He is quick to say that he was sorry. He was at fault after all as he was on break from working so he really shouldn’t be thinking about it. Youngguk would be mad if anything happened as Daehyun had his guard down.

Thankfully he only bumped into you to snap him into reality. You tell him that it was ok with a bright smile on his face. He had been intrigued by your smile and your easy-going nature about being bumped into. But that was all there was to it. He shrugged you off as a stranger he would never meet again…a pretty stranger but that was it.

But the smile on your face lingered in his mind.

“You have something on your mind?”

It was Jongup who was sat in his usual corner cleaning his gun. He was usually silent and rarely voiced anything but he was good at observing people.

“It’s nothing special”, Daehyun murmured and Jongup doesn’t reply.

Daehyun guessed that was the end of the conversation. Daehyun went back to reading the details of tonight’s raid. Well it wasn’t a raid. Daehyun and Youngjae were going in to collect information with Zelo for backup.

It was a bar and Daehyun was to pull off his usual disguise while Youngjae did his thing and hacked the computer system for information. Zelo was to stay in hiding and make sure no one was following them or targeting them.

“Don’t get distracted. It can cause too much trouble then its worth”, Jongup says before getting up and leaving.

Yongguk must have sent Jongup to check up on him. He was still new to their little gang so he figured trust was hard to gain.

“Don’t let him bother you”

This time it was Youngjae.

Youngjae sits next to him and reads over his shoulder.

“This should be a simple enough mission”, Youngjae says.

“You never know, things might go wrong”

“Oh God. Yongguk is rubbing off on you”

They laugh together.

As it got dark, they got ready for their mission. Daehyun was dressed in a black suit while Youngjae and Zelo wore their normal raid clothes. He was going to be on stage performing songs and hopefully keeping their target distracted while Youngjae did his magic.

It was simple.

What he didn’t consider was seeing you again in the crowd of people while he performed.

It looked like you were out having a few drinks with co-workers. You still had that smile on your face that he was intrigued with.

He caught your eye when he opened his mouth and his voice just filled the room.

Hey, show me what to do, I can’t find you.

You instantly recognised him from the café earlier today. His voice was beautiful and the emotions he put while singing was beautiful.

Show me what you got, what do I want?

You were mesmerised by the end of the song. He slowly walks to the end of the stage and her captures your gaze before giving a small bow. You feel a blush creeping on your cheeks as he walks off stage.

“Man that song is depressing”, Youngjae says as he meets up with Daehyun.

“It did the job, didn’t it?”

“Indeed it did. I got the information, let’s get Zelo and leave”, Youngjae says as he walks off.

Daehyun’s eye lingers in the crowd of people before he too leaves. They meet up with Zelo outside before they head towards Youngja’s van. Youngjae gets in the driver’s seat while Zelo gets in the back. Daehyun feels his pocket and finds his phone missing. He was distracted and this was going to put them behind schedule and also at risk of getting caught but he absolutely couldn’t leave his phone behind.

It had everything on it.

“Hey, I think I left something in the dressing room”, Daehyun says and Youngjae just nods.

He heads back into the bar and heads straight to the dressing room. It is empty so he quickly scans the room and easily finds his phone. He grabs it quickly and scans it. Everything is as it should be. He quickly leaves but in a hurry he bumps into you again.

“We need to stop meeting like this”, you say with a smile.

“How about I make it up for it by meeting you for coffee maybe?” he returns your smile.

“I’d like that”, you reply and the two of you end up exchanging number before Daehyun leaves.

He has a smug look on his face when he approaches the van.

“What have you done?” Youngjae asks as he gents into the passenger seat.

“Nothing”

“Well, we are behind schedule now so hold on you two”. Youngjae says with a smirk on his face before he speeds out of the parking lot.

As promised, you meet him again in a nice café. He orders cheesecake as he states several times that it’s his favourite. You smile at his silliness and you order your own favourite. The two of you end up sharing cakes and drinks. It turns into a fun date, as he is full of energy.

He was completely different from when he preformed at the bar. You two end up talking for hours and then some more after the two of you part through texts.

You get closer with him for about a month when he calls you out to meet him at the park by your house. It was a cold night so you put a jacket on and run out. He is waiting for you by the park gates. He greets you with a smile and you return his smile.

“Why did you call me out so late?” you ask.

“Just wanted to talk to you under the stars”, he says with a smile on his face.

“When did you turn romantic?” you ask.

You two had been friends and you may be interest in him romantically but you didn’t get your hopes up. Yes, he was always sweet but you heard rumours about his flirty-ness with women as he was a bar singer after all. But things he did for you made it hard to not get your hopes up.

“Only when it counts”

“What?”

“Be my girlfriend?”

“What?”

He has a smile on his face while you look at him in shock.

“Are you serious?” you ask, still in shock.

“Yes, I would like you to be my girlfriend. I will give you time to think about it”, he says as he gently places his hands on your shoulder.

His bright smile still on his face. He lays a gentle kiss on your forehead before he leaves you. You watch him leave while you still stand there in shock. You trace your fingers on the spot he kissed. As the events sink in, you feel a blush creep up on your face.

“But, I don’t need time to think”

Daehyun sighs. Maybe he was too hasty. You didn’t even know about his deepest secret but you had him wrapped around your fingers. You were all he thought about these days. Yongguk would constantly tell him to focus on the work at hand and to leave his personal life out of it, be he was in too deep.

So he went to Himchan to ask what he should do. Himchan laughed at first but said to do, as he likes but to be careful. He definitely didn’t want you getting dragged into his world.

But unfortunately for him he gets a video message from an unknown number. He sees you unconscious and tied up. Instantly all he sees is red.

He gets up and goes straight to the weapon room. He loads his favourite gun and in the process he feels someone’s presence behind him.

“What do you think you are doing?”

Usually, Yongguk’s presence made him a little nervous but he honestly wasn’t in the mood. He turned around and threw a knife at Yongguk’s direction but Yongguk doesn’t flinch. The knife lands on the wall behind him. He pockets his gun and passes his phone to Yongguk.

“I’m going and you can’t stop me”, he says simply before walking out.

He walks down the corridor and he feels another presence behind him.

“I’m coming”

“Do as you please”

Youngjae smiles and follows Daehyun.

“Do you know where you are going?”

Daehyun freezes in his tracks.

Youngjae laughs.

“Come on, I put a tracker on your little friend”, Youngjae says as he pulls his phone out and opens a GPS system.

“What? When?”

“You know, you are still under close eye of Yongguk right?”

“You mean, he still has trust issues”, Daehyun says with a roll of his eyes.

“But I know you can be trusted and I just wanted to prove it…just not like this”, Youngjae says as his GPS system tracks you down.

“I found her, hop on”, Youngjae opens the passenger side of his van.

Youngjae drives quickly and before Daehyun knows it he is in what looks like a warehouse area. They both get out of the van and then follow your GPS signal and eventually track you down.

“Right, what’s the plan?” Youngjae asks.

“You don’t have a plan?” Daehyun asks.

“No, I thought you did. Did you think you were just going to walk in and shoot everyone in there?”

“Er…yeah?”

“Ugh, you losers”, it’s Joungup.

“Come on, I’ll go in and distract them, Youngjae, cover me and Daehyun can go be the prince charming”, Jongup says.

And without waiting for a reply Jongup goes in. He has his murderous smile on his face and it scare the latter two for a second before they come back to their senses.

“I got his back, now go”, Youngjae says as he loads his gun.

They start hearing gunshots and Daehyun nods before he starts sneaking into the enemy’s warehouse. He can see your unconscious body with your hands tied behind your back. You didn’t look hurt so he signs in relief.

The entire enemy are busy targeting Jongup so there is no one guarding you. He quickly but quietly manages to reach you. Once he is with you, he sits you up and looks around. Most of the enemy are down so he quickly manages to carry you over his shoulder, gun ready on hand and he starts running for the exit. He manages to shoot a few enemies in the knee so they stop coming after him but his aim isn’t as accurate.

Jongup and Youngjae do a good job of covering for him and he manages to safely get you out. He manages to take you inside the back of their van and lay you down. He cuts the ropes tied around your hand and gently traces the marks left by the ropes on your wrist. He checks your breathing and pulse to make sure you are indeed without any injuries.

You stir and slowly open your eyes. You see a worried looking Daehyun.

“Daehyun?”

“Are you ok? How are you feeling?”

“Where am I? I feel a little bit dizzy”, you say as you sit up.

“You are safe now”, he says and gives you a tight hug.

You hug him back tightly.

You slowly remember the events of the evening. After he had left you someone knocked you on the head on the way back to your house.

“I was scared”, you say honestly.

“I’m sorry, it’s al my fault. I shouldn’t have gotten you involved in my world”, he says.

“You have so much expanding to do”, you say as you let him go.

“Don’t you want to get away while you can?” he asks with surprise.

“Of course not!”

He smiles at you and you smile back. You place your hands on his face.

“I think you missed earlier”, you say and you pull him down for a kiss.

He kisses you back.

“I love you”, you say between kisses.

“I love you too”

“Alright, that’s enough lovey dovey stuff”, Youngjae says and you two pull apart.

Jongup looks fascinated with his gun while Youngjae looks annoyed. The two of you can only smile at the latter two.