Youngjae

B.A.P Mafia AU Oneshots

Youngjae only wanted coffee, nothing else but it seems like he had caught feelings as he watched you from a distance. Once he had apologized for bumping into you he ordered his coffee and watched you as you put sugar in your own drink before leaving.

As Youngjae gets his own coffee he steps out and he just catches a glimpse of you walking into your office building. He smiles to himself as he walks back to their base.

“Why do you look so smug?” Daehyun asks as Youngjae walks in.

“No reason”, he says simply as he goes back to his work desk.

Youngjae clicks on some app and starts a quick search. His eyes scan quickly across the screen as Daehyun just shrugs. He knows his friend, his head in in another world now so he leaves Youngjae alone.

He manages to find your company’s name from the building he saw you walk in and eventually manages to hack into the company’s system.

“Where’s my coffee?” Himchan asks as he walks in the small room.

Youngjae’s head snaps up.

“What?”

“You said you were getting a drink so I asked you to get me one too, remember?”

“Here”, Youngjae says as he passes his own half drunk coffee to Himchan and then turns back to his computer screen.

“But you have drunk half of this”, Himchan says but doesn’t get a response.

“Leave him be, he is in his little world already”, Daehyun pipes up from the sofa of the other room with a magazine in his hand.

“But what even is he researching? We don’t have any raids planned”, Himchan says and Daehyun just shrugs as he flips through this magazine.

“Talk about in too deep”, Himchan rolls his eyes and leaves.

They eventually leave him to do as he pleases and Youngjae gets down to digging out information. He easily found the company you worked for and hacked into their system. It was a simple job as their security was a typical firewall. He smiles to himself as he goes through the employee profile. This was typical stalker behaviour but it didn’t matter to him. He was the bad guy anyway and you had piqued his interest.

He eventually finds your profile and reads your name. He repeats it as another smile graces his face. With that he shuts his computer down before standing up.

“Done stalking?” Daehyun’s voice interrupts his thoughts.

“You are the one stalking me”, Youngjae argues.

“I’m here to gather information anyway, I just naturally do it”, Daehyun says with a shrug.

“Creep”

“Says the one stalking a stranger”

“How did you know that?”

“I told you, I gather information”, Daehyun says.

“Also, it was a lucky guess”

“Hey!” Youngjae says as he grabs a scrap piece of paper, scrunches it up and throws it at Daehyun.

However, Daehyun is faster and manages to dodge it.

“Just don’t overdo it, it really will just turn creepy”, Daehyun says and leaves.

Youngjae rolls his eyes as he watches Dahyun leave. He leans his head back on the chair and sighs. He reaches for his coffee but then realises that he had given it to Himchan.

He sighs again and decides that it’s late.

The next time he sees you, it’s at the grocery store. You were at the fruit ales when you feel someone bump into you. You look back to see the guy from the coffee shop again.

“I am so sorry”, he says.

“It’s ok”, you say with a smile and he smiles back at you.

He looks a little bit shy as he bites his bottom lip.

“Nice to see you again”, he says as he offers you his hand.

“Yeah, same here”, you say as you shake his hand.

“I’m Youngjae”, he introduces himself and you do the same.

The two of you end up shopping together and he helps you carry your groceries to your apartment building. You thank him and end up exchanging numbers. You thank him again for his help and he says it was no problem before he bids you farewell and a good night.

That is how you end up getting to know Youngjae. It’s a playful relationship as you two have your little arguments and his smart mouth gives you something to talk back to. You two end up hanging around quiet a bit and he is always nice to you, despite his smart mouth. You find cute things about him, his smile was the cutest but it still manages to send chills down your spine.

The two of you had been hanging around for a month now and he probably knew most things about you and you about him. But a few things like his job and where he lived was a bit vague. You brushed these off as he often said his place wasn’t very clean as he lived with 5 other guys and his work wasn’t that interesting as he work as the I.T guy.

He worked random hours you noted as he popped into your work while on break so the two of you could grab lunch together. Today was one of those days. He texts you just before you go on break that he was waiting outside your work building. You smile at the text and your friend/co-worker sees you. They elbows you and you look up feeling annoyed.

“What?”

“It’s him, isn’t it?”

“Maybe”, you smile.

“Have you told him now you feel?”

“I keep on telling you, we are just friends!” you protest.

“Sure, just go on your date already”, your friends say with a roll of their eyes before you leave.

You smile at your friend before grabbing your bag and heading out to meet Youngjae. He greets you with a bright smile and you manage to return his smile. 

“So, what’s the plan?” you ask.

“Just lunch at your favourite place”, he says.

“Sounds good me”, you reply as the two of you start walking towards your favourite restaurant.

The two of you catch up from the last time you had met. He talks about his day and his annoying friend. Especially Daehyun, who was his best friend but he would never admit it. You had met all of his friends and they were all really nice to you.

You smiled as he went on about how his friends annoyed him. He looked cute doing it so you just listened. While you were mesmerised by his beauty, you really thought about your feelings for him.

Maybe you did like him like that.

“So how has your day been going?” he asks.

“The same old, I do my paperwork and move on with my life”, you say and he laughs.

“You are so easy going”

“Well, there is no point in stressing about it”, you reply.

“I hope you are hungry though”, he says as the two of you entered the restaurant.

He pulls out the chair for you and you thank him as you sit down. He sits opposite you and the two of you start flipping through the menu.

The lunch goes smoothly and he is eventually walking you back to work. You thank him for lunch as he insisted on paying. You bid him farewell as you go back to work. He has motivated you to work harder today and get all your work done. You feel energized and approach your work happily.

You friend from earlier comes back over and asks you how your date went.

“It wasn’t a date!”

“Whatever helps you sleep at night”

You shake your head and the two of you get back to work. When the day ends you sign out and happily leave. It was dark by the time you had left work. The outside air was cold.

As you start walking you get a weird feeling that you were being watched. You stop walking and look around. You see no one so you carry on walking but the feeling doesn’t leave.

You speed up but it feels like someone is following you and it makes you nervous. You take a deep breath to calm yourself down a little bit. It was probably just in your head…right?

But the sound of footsteps behind you doesn’t help. You break out into a run but whoever was following also started to run after you. Your heart is pounding, not just from nervousness anymore. You are getting tired and eventually slow down as your chest starts to burn. Whoever was following you eventually catches up to you and you feel them grab your hand. You freeze and then you feel something against your head.

“Quietly come with me”

“We have a situation!”

It’s Zelo who bursts into Youngjae’s room. Immediately Youngjae knows that something bad has happened. Zelo throws a gun to Youngjae and starts to run out again. Youngjae follows.

“I will explain in the van!” is all he says as they get into the van.

Himchan is the one driving and Zelo calmly but quickly explains that another gang had captured you. He also explained that Daehyun was already at where they had taken you to get an early start.

“Let me track and contact Daehyun”, Youngjae says quietly.

They let Youngjae do his usual thing and eventually connects with Daehyun, who updates them on the situation.

“I have them in sight…she looks safe but unconscious”, Daehyun explains.

“As long as she is safe”, Youngjae replies.

“I swear to god, if you don’t confess after this I will hit both of you on the head”, Daehyun says before cutting off the contact with Youngjae.

Daehyun sneaks into the other gang’s hideout and manages to find where you were being kept. He scoffs, it was easy to get in and it looked like the person holding you hostage wasn’t paying much attention. They were probably just expecting them to show up with the ransom they had asked for you.

He kept an eye on you as he waited for the rest of his team to arrive. Not long after he felt Youngjae next to him.

“So you are going to be the front man today?” Daehyun asked.

“Yeah, and you are going to cover for me”, Younghjae said.

“Cool”, Daehyun replied as he loaded his gun, pointed his gun to the side away from anything and shot it.

It got the kidnapper’s attention and they went to check what was going on. Youngjae nods and sneaks in to get to you. Daehyun watched and made sure no one came back.

“Make another shot in the same direction”

It’s Zelo’s voice. He was probably hiding somewhere high up watching the enemy’s every move and Daehyun does as he is told. He is still keeping an eye on Youngjae and you.

As Youngjae reaches you he hears footsteps.

“Youngjae!”

But before anything else can happen Youngjae has already shot at the approaching enemy. The enemy falls, groaning in pain. He was shot in the shoulder. All the noise woke you up and an angry looking Youngje, which takes you by surprise, greets you

He was always smiling so in your sleepy state you wonder what angered him.

“Are you ok?”

You manage to nod.

“Hold on tight”, is all he says before he lifts you up with one arm and ungracefully flings you over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

You are still too dazed and confused to argue. You hear gun shots so you close your eyes tightly as you cling onto Youngjae for dear life. Eventually it gets silent so you slowly open your eyes as Youngjae puts you back on the ground. He has a gun in his hand and it scares you but he smiles at you and it almost comforts you.

“Are you still ok?” he asks.

“Yes…thank you”, you say as you understand that you were kidnapped and Youngjae had saved you.

“No problem…”

“So…”

“I have a lot of explaining to do, haven’t I?” he says and you nod.

“Not until I have a look at your vitals”, Himchan interrupts.

And so you end up in their van as Himchan does a quick check up and he gives you a smile.

“All good”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, shoot”, Himchan replies as he packs his things away.

“Youngjae isn’t the bad guy right? None of you are…” you say.

“Well, in our line of work we do end up taking a few lives”

You gasp at his reply.

“But it’s never for pleasure or for no reason at all. It’s mostly because of self-defence. We never aim to kill anyone…in fact no one died tonight”

You didn’t realise you were holding your breath until you had sighed in relief.

“I will send Youngjae in now”, Himchan says before leaving.

In the few minutes you have to yourself, you close you eyes and take a deep breath. You were sure of your feelings now. Even in this situation you only thought about Youngjae.

“Hey”

“Hey, yourself”, you reply with a smile.

“So…”

“Listen to me first”

He nods and lets you talk.

“I don’t know what is going on but I’m not stupid. I did find it suspicious at first that you didn’t talk much about your work or how you never let me come over to your place. But I also understand that you are doing what you must and I don’t exactly understand what it is that you and your friends are doing. But I want to understand… So, will you let me stay with you?” you say slowly.

“Of course! I want to be with you forever!”

“Me too”

He silently comes and sits next to you and hugs you tightly.

“I was so scared of losing you”, he says.

You hold him tightly and breathe in his scent. You feel very safe.

“I love you”, you say finally.

“I love you too”