Chapter 5

Untitled

3 months later...

Chaerin came home from another long and exhausting recording session. The time she spends on the studio is far more longer than when she's at home. But she didn't mind it at all. As long as it distracts her mind from thinking about Dara, even just for a moment, she's more than willing to do it.

That is why she hates staying at home. Whenever she's alone, their memories keep flooding her brain like waves washing the shore and it makes her miss Dara even more.

It's the little things that Chaerin misses the most about Dara. The fact that she won't be receiving a call or message of encouragement from her anytime of the day, how she can't hug nor kiss her anymore and how she won't be hearing Dara saying how much she loves her pains her every single day and probably for the rest of her life.

If Scooter hadn't told her he would put her recordings on hold if she didn't take a proper rest, she wouldn't be standing in front of her house right now. He gave her three days to rest, Chaerin wanted to argue but there's this final ultimatum in Scooter's voice that made her obey him instantly. She knows that he's just worried for her.

Chaerin fumbled with her keys before opening the door. As she close the door behind her, her foot made contact onto something. When she turn on the lights, she saw a medium size package with her name on it, she bent down and pick it up. By the looks of it, it's from someone in Korea. Maybe from her family or some of her very close friends, who knew her address here in the US. She frown upon searching for the return address while entering her room. When she found it, it is addressed from YG Entertainment.

She wonder who could have sent it. She place her things on the table beside her bed and began opening the package. It's contents was an envelope and a small box wrapped in an elegant looking wrapper. She takes a seat on her bed and was about to tear the wrapper on the box until she notice a computerized note attached to it.

"Please read the letter first before opening it..."

"What the...?" Chaerin mumbled to herself. But then decided to open the envelope.

And when she finally open the letter her hands starts to shake and her eyes brimmed with tears. She instantly recognized the familiar handwriting. She checked the date of the letter and it was three and a half months ago. It really was from her.

Dara...

"Dearest Chaerin,

First of all, i want to start this letter by asking "how are you?" As all letters starts with that phrase. Kekeke!!!"

Chaerin chuckled. How she miss her dorky little unnie.

"I know your wondering why i resort to this old fashioned way of sending message where i could have just video call or send text message to you. And probably why is this address in YG. Honestly i don't memorize my home address. Hehehe!

But seriously I decided to write this letter because i can write everything what i wanted to say with sincerity and i know this will arrive months after i send this. And those months is what i'm gonna use to prepare for something. (You'll know after you finish reading this letter. :D)

Chaerin, you know how much i love you and i know you feel the same way too. But lately, i feel very lonely. In spite of doing various acting and recording projects (to which i am very thankful for), i don't feel happy anymore. I feel empty. That is when the time i invited you to go with me to the Philippines, in Palawan. And it was one of the happiest days in my life. I get to share the most beautiful place with you. While we are there, i come to a realization why i don't feel happy working anymore. It is because i am not with you. Because i just realized that my true happiness will always be with you and only you. I wanted to wake up each morning where your face is the first thing i will lay my eyes upon. I wanted to be there for you in good times and i will never leave you when you're at your worst.

At this moment, you can open the box (that is, if you never cheated to look what's inside)."

With a trembling hand she open the tiny box and found a ring inside. A diamond engagement ring. She burst into tears as she decided to continue reading the letter.

"Have you opened it? Well, then you know where this is going. But wait, before i ask you the question. There are circumstances that needs to be considered. Kekeke!!!

If i managed to go in the US before this letter arrived, then you may find me on my knees behind your back with a bouquet of flowers together with our fur babies while you read this letter.

And if not, then you can just FaceTime me your answer. Kekeke!!!

So, this is it...

Lee Chaerin, will you marry me???

P.S.
You can't say "NO" because I already bought a house in L.A. and while i'm writing this letter i already asked your parents, Harin and my family about this and they gave me their blessings. Plus i already handed my resignation to YG and surprisingly he accepted and he supported my decision. He said it's about time. So, i guess you're stuck with me forever. I love you, Chaerin-ah!!! "

Chaerin felt her heart ached with sadness and longing for Dara as she cried her heart while she hug the rilakkuma stuffed toy that Dara gave her.