Chapter 4

Untitled

I recommend you to listen to the song "Time after Time by Eva Cassidy" while reading this Chapter.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Flashback

 

Chaerin nervously pace back and fort outside Sandara's room while the doctors are inside checking her up.

 

"Ms. Park, Ms. Lee..." One of the doctors came out from the room and called their attention. 

 

Chaerin and Mrs. Park along with Thunder came forward to meet him while the doctor removing his mask.

 

"I'm sorry to inform you but Ms. Park... she is not breathing on her own and she doesn't respond anymore. She's completely dependent on the life support that is attached to her. I'm deeply sorry but i have to declare Ms. Park..." the doctor paused and sighed deeply.

 

"Brain dead."

 

Dara's mother sob uncontrollably, while Thunder silently cry as he enclose her mother in a tight embrace.

 

The doctor watch the mother and son as they shared a moment and look at them with sympathy before turning to face Chaerin.

 

"I'll leave you to decide if you will choose to continue her life support or turn it off. I know it's hard but it's better to let her go and put her to rest than continue to let her suffer even more." He patted her shoulder before leaving them.

 

Chaerin just remain rooted in her place, her brain unable to process what she just heard.

 

 

End of flashback

 

----------------------------

 

Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick and think of you...

 

Love is Pain, Pain is Love...

 

They said Love and Pain are two things that can never be parted from each other. Love comes always first, sweet and full of bliss but no matter how you love a person it always ends with pain.

 

It's a never ending cycle for every soul that dwells in the path of loving someone and losing them along the way because of the sad reality that we are just mortals that's meant to be born, age and die.

 

Turning in circles, confusion is nothing new...

 

The rain is pouring and the sky has an awful gray color. The temperature is getting colder while the wind blew.

 

Amidst in the sea of black umbrellas, Chaerin chose not to have one. She wanted to feel the rain, she wanted the cold water to drench her body and make her feel numb. But the rain and cold doesn't do justice on what she really feels inside.

 

"Today we are gathered here to honor and pay tribute to the wondrous life of Sandara and to express our love and admiration for her..."

 

Chaerin gritted her teeth. She hates it. She really hates it when the old man started to speak indicating the start of the service. It's like shoving right to her face that Dara, her first and probably her last love is really gone.

 

Flashback to warm nights almost left behind, suitcase of memories...

 

 

Flashback

 

"Dara..." She called her name softly while caressing her face. Chaerin stared lovingly at Her, memorizing every nook and corners of it.

 

"I know you can hear me, I just want to say, i love you so so so much and i know you love me too..." Her voice cracked. Tears flowing endlessly from her eyes.

 

"I know your tired but i still want to hold on to you, i don't want to let you go, i can't, i'm not ready." Chaerin's cry of agony accompany the low hum of hospital machinery, echoing through the entire room.

 

"But i don't want to see you suffer anymore. If you want to rest, even if it is painful, i have to let you go. Don't worry about Mama Park and your siblings, i promise you, i'll do my best to take care of them." She smiled at Dara, but still her tears run uncontrollably down her face.

 

"As for me, i don't know how will i continue without you but i'll try my best to eat on time and get enough sleep as you always told me."

 

The moment Chaerin said that tears starts to come out from Dara's eyes which got Chaerin sob even more. It's like Dara is trying to communicate with her and her way of saying goodbye.

 

Then the regular beeping sounds change it's tone. This time no breaks between the beeps, just a long flat piercing sound that shattered Chaerin's heart.

 

"I love you..."

 

She whispered in her lovers ear and with one last kiss on Dara's lips, Chaerin rested her head on Dara's chest, hugging her tight while crying her heart out.

 

End of flashback

 

Time after sometimes you picture me, I'm walking too far ahead...

 

She tightened her grip on the bouquet of flower until her knuckles turn white as she recall that scene she wanted to forget.

 

Even in that situation, Dara thought only for their sake, she died willingly and spared them from making a very hard decision.

 

You're calling to me, I can't hear what you have said...

 

Chaerin got Dara a bouquet of tulips, orange tulips to be exact, just like her 2NE1 mic, Dara always loved anything that is orange. She smiled bitterly at the thought.

 

Dara will never witness how she will conquer the western music scene, she can never ask Dara anymore to be a guest on her world tour and Dara will not be able to join anymore if 2NE1 will have their reunion.

 

And you say go slow, I've fallen behind, then second hand unwinds...

 

Her gaze went to the beautiful picture of Dara surrounded by different white flowers, if it wasn't for the black ribbon, Chaerin would think it's just a flowery portrait.

 

If you're lost you can look and you will find me...

 

The rain poured even harder. One by one, people came forward and place flowers on top of the casket and one by one they leave the graveyard after paying their respects to Dara's family.

 

Time after time...

 

Chaerin remain in her spot, she waited until most of the people are gone. She didn't notice that Bom and Minzy join her. 

 

If you fall i will catch you i'll be waiting, Time after time...

 

"It's time Chae..." Bom said softly. Chaerin just nodded without looking the either of them.

 

After your picture fades and darkness has turn to gray, Watching through windows I'm wondering If you're okay...

 

Together they soaked under the rain. She felt a hand on her shoulder and another held her hand. They guided each other towards the casket. Minzy put her flowers first. She's not saying anything but she can't hide those tears even with those sunglasses. Then Bom and Chaerin followed.

 

And you say go slow, I've fallen behind, the drum beats out time...

 

There are no words how to describe what they really feel right now, it's too sudden. They are not prepared for what's happening right now. Maybe the good really meant to die young.

 

If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time, if you fall i will catch you i'll be waiting, Time after time...

 

"Till we meet again, Dara... I love you" Chaerin whispered into the thin air.

 

The three remaining members of 2NE1 hold each others hand and watch Minzy's beloved sister,  Bom's crazy best friend and Chaerin's most precious and loved person being lowered and finally laid to her final resting place.

 

Time after time...

 

 

___________________________________________________