Chapter 2

Untitled

"Hi... This is Dara, sorry i can't answer your call right now, please leave a message and i'll get back to you as soon as i can, Thank you!!!! Byong!!!"

 

For the nth time Chaerin's call went straight to Dara's voice mail. She's been calling her since this morning. The last time she had a talk with her unnie was a week ago, it seems strange that her unnie can stand not calling her for that long but not Chaerin, for the past  few days, she gave Dara a few rings in a day but still with no luck. Back then, considering how busy they both are, they still manage to stole a few calls in a day.

 

She only received a couple of text from her Unnie like three days ago. One that consists of congratulatory message on her upcoming debut. It seems weird to Chaerin that whenever she receives a text from Dara, she tried calling her phone but her voicemail is already playing. Did Dara blocked her number? But why? Is Dara avoiding her? Is she angry? It can't be, she can't remember doing something that might upset her.

 

"Aarggh!!!"

 

She throw her phone on the sofa that is just beside her make up table out of frustration. Today is her big day, this is it, finally after years of waiting but why does she feel like there's something missing? And she knows exactly what it is. As she pace back and forth in the dressing room her phone suddenly starts to ring. She immediately went to the sofa where her phone lays and quickly grab the piece of technology, hoping that is what she's waiting for.

 

But the excitement she felt, quickly evaporated when she saw the caller id and it is not Dara but Bom.

 

"Hello Unnie?"

 

"Hi Chae, i just want to congratulate you. This is a big day for you." But her voice somewhat sounded a bit brittle.

 

"Thank you Unnie..." Chaerin paused for moment, she seems hesitant to ask Bom about Dara but she can't hold it any longer. She took a deep breath and ask Bom.

 

"Bom unnie?"

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"Have you talked to Dara? She haven't called me for a week now, She knows that it's my debut today and i haven't heard from her. I've got a text from her but it's like three days ago." Chaerin expressed her disappointment. A minute of silence passed before Bom answered.

 

"Chae..." Bom croaked.

 

"Unnie are you ok? You sound like you're about to cry."

 

"No Chae, i just have a flu, that's why..." Bom lied.

 

"Oh, i thought something happened..."

 

"Dara is just busy, you know that girl, so hardworking. Just focus on your debut today Ok? Good luck Chae, Fighting!!!" Bom trying to sound cheerful and hopefully Chaerin bought it.

 

"Thank you again Unnie, I wish Dara would give me a call or something..." Chaerin said, still disappointed.

 

"Chaerin...." Bom can't think of anymore lies. But before she could speak a loud knock coming from Chaerin's end suddenly broke their sentiments.

 

"CL! We've got five minutes, we need you to come out now." One member of Chaerin's US team informed her. She just nodded and bid her farewell to Bom.

 

"Hey unnie, i have to go, take a rest, that's a bad case of cold, you really sound bad. Ok? Take care, Bye..." She end the call and take one last look in the mirror and proceed outside. Ready to slay her debut stage.

 

Little did she know, as soon as she ended the call, Bom can't hold it any longer and burst into tears. She can't tell Chaerin why Dara can't give her a call, nobody can, not after her debut.

 

"I'm sorry Chaerin..." was all the words she could think while she approach an old woman who's sitting in a long cushioned chair across a door which labeled "ICU Room 4".

 

Bom sit beside the woman and place a hand on her shoulder.

 

"Mama Park, how's Dara?" Bom ask, her voice full of concern for the person inside that room.

 

Dara's mom just gave a her a weak smile. Her eyes are somewhat look tired and have dark lines under it from the lack of sleep and now tears starts to flow from it that looks similar to her daughters'.

 

"She's still fighting, she's waiting for Chaerin..."