Chapter 1

Untitled

A smile crept up in her lips the moment she saw who's name is flashing on her phone screen.

 

"Dara Unnie!!!" 

 

Chaerin greeted Dara happily over the phone  to which the latter responded with equal enthusiasm.

 

"Yo!!! My Baby-Rin!!!"

 

They both chuckled over each others line. This little things is what they are really looking forward at the end of the day. Chaerin is currently at LA while Dara is at Seoul. Although they are millions of miles away they never failed to communicate regardless of their time difference.

 

It's morning in LA while in Seoul, it's already midnight. Chaerin just got home after her team pulled another all nighter in the studio while Dara just finished filming for today and was about to go home but noticed her phone had 21 missed calls by none other than her Chearin and decided to call her back.

 

"Unnie, I miss you, why didn't you answer my call?" Chaerin putting her best aegyo which to her knowledge her Unnie can't  resist.

 

"Aigooo!!! I'm sorry Baby Rin, it was our last day of filming so i was kinda busy earlier. Please forgive me?" Dara responded acting with a sad face.

 

They both laughed at their child like manner then went silent for a moment. Both staring on their phone screen as if memorizing each others faces. The atmosphere become somewhat serious yet so peaceful and calming for the both of them. Even though they're just seeing each other through their phones.

 

"It's ok Darong, I understand it's just I miss you so much. I love you." Chaerin managed to break the silence.

 

"I love you so so much CL-roo, ahhhh you make me cry! Pabo!!!" Dara inhaled deeply to prevent her tears from falling down her cheeks. Nowadays even a simple text message from Chaerin make her eyes water. She hates it. She hates crying in front of her because she knows the latter will feel guilty and sad.

 

"You're such a cry baby!" Chaerin pretended to but the longing and sadness can be seen through her eyes.

 

"Sorry Chaerin-ah, by the way how are you?" Dara diverted their conversation to prevent herself from further crying.

 

"I just got home Darong, how about you? You're still in your make up room?" Chaerin can see from Dara's background the make up table and variety of clothes hanging neatly on a rack.

 

"Yeah! I'm just packing up and about go home." Dara settled her phone on the make up table and seated in front of it.

 

She looks tired and Chaerin noticed it so she decided to give her the good news she's been wanting to tell Dara.

 

"I have good news for you babe!" Chaerin suddenly blurted out and can't wait to tell Dara.

 

"Oh what is it? I could use some good news this days Chaerin-ah..." Dara said while pinching the bridge of her nose.

 

"I will officially debut here in the US next week!!!" Chaerin excitedly announced to her Unnie the good news. That is the reason why 21 missed calls was made earlier.

 

"Omg!!! Chaerin-ah, really? Oh my, Congratulations! This is it, show the world how the talented you are!!!" Dara exclaimed and can't hide the happiness. Chaerin waited for this. She wants this. She was born for this and she deserves all the support she can get.

 

"Thank you Darong but it will be much better if you could come..." Her voice trails of on the last word.

 

Dara sighed deeply. She wants to be there too. But her schedule won't allow it.

 

"I wish i can Chae, i wish i can... But one thing is for sure, you'll do great. I'll support you from here baby... Fighting!!!"

 

Chaerin can't help but laugh with her Unnie's funny antics.

 

"Thank you Darong!!! I'll do my best, hey it's almost past midnight there in Seoul, aren't you going home?"

 

"Oh yeah, i better have to, i have an early schedule tomorrow. I have to go now CL-roo, i have to drive."

 

"Wait! You're driving alone at this hour? Where's Jjangmae?" Chaerin sounded worried. She doesn't question Dara's driving skill, she's just uncomfortable knowing her unnie have to drive in the middle of the night.

 

"Well, Jjangmae's on leave. Don't worry baby, i got this. I'm an independent woman you know, i don't need anyone." Dara bragged while flexing her arms like a body builder.

 

"So, you don't need anyone huh? Not even me?" Chaerin raised her brow and pretend to be hurt but still worrying about Dara.

 

"Of course there's an exemption and its you, i need you more than anything Chaerin-ah."

 

"Hmmm? Really now? but seriously can't you call someone to pick you up? I'm not comfortable knowing you're alone while driving especially at this hour."

 

"Don't worry, besides it's really not that far. I'll be home before you know it." Dara assured Chaerin.

 

"But..."

 

"Chae..."

 

Chaerin sighed in defeat.

 

"Ok ok, just be careful, call me as soon as you get home understand?"

 

"Yes ma'am, i'll be going now. I'll call you later."

 

"Wait where's my kiss?" Chaerin puckered her lips towards her screen.

 

"Aigoo!!!  This kid. Ok, together then." They both kiss their phone screens at the same time and both giggled.

 

"I miss you Darong, take care I love you..."

 

Chaerin noticed that Dara is staring at her through phone screen. It makes her heart melt but at the same time it makes her worry.

 

"What's wrong baby?" Chaerin worriedly ask Dara.

 

"Nothing, i just want to look at your face a little longer... I love you very much Chaerin-ah..."

 

They both smiled warmly at each other. Distance may have separated them but it only made their love stronger. And they both know that it's just temporary. Their time will come but for now they have to reach their own dreams and after that they want to become each others dreams.

 

"I've got to go now Chae, sleep now my love..."

 

"I love you Dara..."

 

And with one last look at their phone screens they both press the end button.

 

Chaerin lay on her side of the bed then held her phone close to her heart, still smiling from her recent call with her love. She slowly close her eyes until sleep taken over her body, drifting away from reality into her dreamland.

 

---------------------------

 

Dara checked the necessary precautions, light, signals, gps and lastly she buckled her seat belt.

 

"Ok, we're good to go." She mumbled to herself then the engine and venture her way on the road.

 

She put on some music to lighten up the atmosphere. Dara is driving smoothly along the highway, she pass by a couple of cars until she saw a traffic light ahead that turn into bright red.

 

She made a full stop waiting for the light to turn green. While waiting, she sang along with the current song that is playing through the speakers.

 

"I love you everyday, don't get away, take me away, i love you everyday in every way neol saranghae..." She sang with full of enthusiasm until she notice the light already turn green. She step on the accelerator and preparing to turn to her right when suddenly a huge 6 wheeler truck rammed into her passengers side.

 

Dara's red range rover flipped so many times, lights swirl like crazy before her eyes and the noise of metal bashing through the concrete was almost deafening. The seatbelt tug on her skin with every lurch and the air bags starts to deflate.

 

When everything stopped, all she can hear was a high pitched ringing. She was aware of the bloody taste inside and was drifting in and out of consciousness when suddenly a picture of Chaerin appeared in her mind.

 

A sudden rush of adrenaline ran through her body making her stay on her consciousness. She took a deep breath and felt a sharp pain across her stomach. She brought a hand to feel what causes the pain and there she found a large shard of glass embedded deeply in her gut.

 

Her shirt was already drenched in blood. She frantically reached for her phone which miraculously still attached to its holder and dialed Jjangmae. He's the only person she can trust with this right now. After a ring or two the other line picked up.

 

"Hello Da..."

 

"Help..." She blurted out and she find it hard to speak that it came out as a whisper as she feels the glass impaling her deeper. She had to make this quick. She have to tell him.

 

"My...Car... accident...Help..." She's starting to succumb to the pain she's enduring at the moment.

 

"Omo! Where are you? Never mind , i'll track you phone!" Said Jjangmae on the other line in panick.

 

"Dara! I'm on my way, stay with me, please help is on the way..." Jjangmae rushing on the other line.

 

"Oppa... Listen... to me..." Dara thought of Chaerin.

 

"Huh? What is it?" Jjangmae felt silent.

 

"Please... don't let... Chaerin... know about this..." Dara manage to push the words out as the adrenaline slowly ebbing away.

 

"Ok! Ok!" Jjangmae agreed instantly to avoid  further explanation from Dara as he sense she's not in good condition. He knows exactly the reason why Dara doesn't want to let Chaerin know. Chaerin is about to debut officially in America and she don't want to get in her way. Even in a time like this she doesn't want to be a burden and she doesn't want to worry her.

 

 

"Dara..." 

 

She heard Jjangmae on the other end of the line. But it sounded distant. She felt light headed and don't feel that much pain anymore as her eyes gets heavier every second.

 

"I love you Chae..." was the last words trailed off from as her hand lose the grip on her phone and hang lifelessly by her side. 

 

As she closed her eyes a lone tear fell.