Destiny of Yesterday: Chapter 3

Destiny of Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jae Hee pushed Tae Joon back and slowly stepped back away from Tae Joon.

"No, Jae Hee, please, I didn't mean to, I-I-I..." Tae Joon paused and in a quieter voice that was barely audible said, "because I still love you."

"I'm sorry Tae Joon, I need to go." Jae Hee however still did not have the strength to walk on her own and continued to walk precarious steps. Tae Joon ran to the door to block Jae Hee from leaving, for he knew he had much more to say to Jae Hee.

"Jae Hee, please, don't leave." Tae Joon was once again on the brink of tears, but this time he couldn't hold them back. Every tear that slid down Tae Joon's face stung Jae Hee as well. She could not look at Tae Joon crying, for it pained her to see the one she cared so deeply about crying. Tae Joon stood in front of the door frame staring at Jae Hee with barely any hope left. "Jae Hee, please!"

Jae Hee tried to walk around Tae Joon, but Tae Joon blocked her off. "Stop it Tae Joon, I want to leave, just let––" The door opened, slamming Tae Joon on the head and pushing Jae Hee into his chest. Tae Joon turned around fearing that security guards caught a girl in the boy's dorm. Fortunately, it was Eun Gyul. However, he had a look of anguish and worry on his face that agitated Tae Joon.

"Guys, quick, look. I don't know how this happened but someone uploaded an article. You guys should read this."

In big bold letters on top of Eun Gyul's iPad was "Kang Tae Joon Rumored to be Dating New Star Athlete". Tae Joon looked up from the screen with a horrified expression. Even before Jae Hee and Tae Joon broke up, they managed to keep their relationship a secret from public, and even from the school. Sensing that Tae Joon stopped reading the article, Eun Gyul pointed at the iPad to signal that Tae Joon should continue to read the article. 

It has been rumored that the famous Kang Tae Joon has found a girlfriend who is also part of the track and field industry. Both stars are signed with the same company and have been dating since their high school years. Leaked photos of track star Kang Tae Joon and Goo Jae Hee show their close reltionship with one another. Many fans have supported these two young lovers, naming them TaeHee. Fans have expressed their love for this new star couple by commenting, "Wow, finally Kang Tae Joon found someone!" "This is so adorable!" "Has the company confirmed their relationship?", and have created social media accounts in support of TaeHee. The company has not yet confirmed their relationship status. However, many fans speculate that they are more than just friends. 

After reading the first paragraph, Eun Gyul took the iPad out of Tae Joon's hands and said, "So, what are you guys going to do? I'm pretty sure you need to talk to your manager, she's probably really mad."

"Stating the obvious Eun Gyul...stating the obvious."

"Ok, well what better idea do you have then, Mr. Perfect?" Eun Gyul replied, trying to show off his manliness against Tae Joon's. 

"I––" Tae Joon was cut off by his phone ringing, and he anticipated who it was calling. Although Jae Hee and Eun Gyul were not holding the phone, the manager was still loud enough to be heard.

"Tae Joon! What is going on! This is the second time this had happened after the incident with Hana. You and Jae Hee were in a relationship but didn't I warn you guys to keep it private, and now that you've split..." For a quick moment, Tae Joon and Jae hee's eyes locked. Jae Hee's eyes flashed a moment of envy and longing that only Tae Joon detected, but then her expression disappeared as quickly as it came. "Anyways, please come directly to my office right now. I assume you are with Jae Hee right now? Call her over too. We need to have a talk." Before Tae Joon could reply, he was cut off by the flat tone signally that the manager hung up.

"I've made sure that no one is outside to see you guys so go now!" Eun Gyul signalled with a wave of his hand.

"Aish!" Tae Joon rubbed his hands through his hair in frustration. "Who would do this to me? Jae Hee we have to go." Tae Joon instinctively grabbed Jae Hee's hand without noticing. Jae Hee didn't have time to react and followed Tae Joon. She looked down at their hands intertwined together and felt her face fluster. "Ani, ani, what am I thinking. There are more important things happening right now." But, she couldn't help but remember the incident with Hana from her high school years and feel a pang of envy after all those years.

_____________________

Setting: Manager's Office

The door to Sil Jang's (Tae Joon's manager) office slowly opened, exhibiting two teenagers with looks of fear. 

"Come in and close the door. Now, the press will be here soon. I have tried my everything to stop them, but it was of no use. We need to tell them the rumors were just rumors and that you two were always close friends with a dongsaeng and oppa relationship, but nothing more. Got that?"

Tae Joon was very hesitant  in his reply. He wanted to reveal to everyone how he felt towards Jae Hee, but at the same time he didn't want to ruin Jae Hee's fresh career that she just started. Tae Joon subtly turned his head to the right to attempt on discerning Jae Hee's expression, but lately he couldn't read her as clearly as he could before. All he seemed to get out from her expression was despair. Tae Joonn sighed silently to himself and decided that maybe this was a sign that his plans with Jae Hee would fail. Finally, Tae Joon took the courage to muster, "I got it."

Both the manager and Tae Joon turned their heads to wait for Jae Hee's approval. "I understand as well."

Suddenly flashing light was seen through the doors with the shouting of police officers to keep the media out. 

"It seems that the media has already arrived. Please prepare yourselves mentally and emotionally, these questions will not be like normal interview questions and may drain you. Please remember, do not reveal anything and make sure to speak as much facts without giving away your previous relationship. The company is counting on you." With a pat on both Tae Joon and Jae Hee's shoulder, the manager opened the door. A big rush of flashing cameras came in, surprising a still sick Jae Hee. The lights made her headache resurface. She started to feel dizzy but tried to stand up as straight as possible and keep a bright smile on her face.

"So, recently media coverage has shown that you two are rumored to be a couple. Are you confirmed a couple?"

Tae Joon knew that Jae Hee was still sick so he replied. "Jae Hee and I are merely close friends. She is my dongsaeng and I am her oppa." Tae Joon finished with a smile.

"Then how do you explain the events of around two and a half years ago when you yelled into the cameras for Gu Jae Hee to wait for you? Was that a mere act of friendship?"

Tae Joon froze. He had forgotten that happened and remembered that his manager chastised him for screaming such words to the entire world. Tae Joon took a deep breath in and then let it out. "That is also a misunderstanding. At the time we did not see each other for a long time and had planned to meet up, however, due to the competition and her having other events scheduled, we weren't able to meet, and so I chose to communicate through television."

Another reporter came up and commented, "That sounds like a confession on live television to me."

"I'm sorry, it was not." Tae Joon was becoming annoyed with the reporters. He hated how once his fame rose, his private life was taken away and now put into gossip news. 

"Then, can we hear from Gu Jae Hee?"

Jae Hee stood with a blank expression in return with no reply.

"Gu Jae Hee?" Suddenly, Jae Hee fell into Tae Joon's arms.

"Jae Hee!" Reporters closed in on him filming everything that was happening, but Tae Joon couldn't do anything about it. His manager was left to talk to another reporter and was unable to stop the flashing cameras. From across the room, the manager signalled Tae Joon with her eyes that he not give away anything through his actions. She warned him to act not as affectionately as he usually would in such a scenario. 

Jae Hee regained consciousness to find flashing cameras and a crowd of people surrounding her, with Tae Joon looking down upon her with a look of concern. Not fully aware of her words since she was regaining her consciousness she said, "Oppa, oppa, where am I?" while grabbing tighter onto Tae Joon.

Tae Joon lightened his voice for Jae Hee to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter