Destiny of Yesterday 3: Chapter 2

Destiny of Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Setting: Cape Coral University

"Thank you," replied Tae Joon, and with a nod, he ran out of the room with his high-jumping bag to find Jae Hee. As he was passing the school's courtyard, he saw Taemin and Jae Hee standing affectionately next to each other, laughing and blushing. Much of his little hope left began to vanish as he saw Jae Hee recieve affectionate gestures from Taemin. Tae Joon's heart began to slowly beat harder and faster, and he couldn't decide between anger or regret. All he knew was that his world was now a drastically different place than it was two and a half years ago. Tae Joon realized that he could be caught staring at the couple, and he subtly walked towards a bush and hid behind it, peaking through the leaves. 

"Hey, do you want to go out tonight to that restaurant you told me you really liked? Wasn't it called Jaeon's Bueok?" Little did Taemin know that was the place in which Jae Hee and Tae Joon had their first restaurant date.

"O-o-oh, I-I mentioned that place didn't I." Jae Hee chuckled uncomfortably and Taemin noticed. Her heart began to beat eradically at the thought of Tae Joon.

"Are you okay? You seem pale all of a sudden." Taemin reached up to her forehead to feel her temperature, however Jae Hee quickly brushed the hand away.

"A-ani, I'm okay." Jae Hee suddenly reminisced over a memory of her and Tae Joon, when she became sick. Tae Joon had helped her through her sickness through the night by sitting by her side and making sure that she would get better as soon as possible. When she woke up the next day, they were on the same bed, and that was when she realized that her feelings for Tae Joon were more than just mere friendship feelings (A/N: this happened in To the Beautiful You).

"Hey, you seem really distant from me right now? Are you sure you're fine, you're stuttering?" Asked Taemin, while he waved his hands in front of Jae Hee's face, who was genuinely worried.

"I'm sorry, school work has been keeping me stressed," Jae Hee lied.

Suddenly the bush beside Jae Hee and Taemin moved, followed by an "aish", causing Taemin and Jae Hee both turned their heads. Jae Hee didn't have to think twice to recognize that low yet velvety voice that she so yearned for. "Tae Joon?" Jae Hee quickly covered up realizing what she just said and looked fearfully at Taemin. 

"Is this all about him right now? Is this why you're stuttering? Is this why you started seeming so distant when we started dating?" Taemin was realizing that all of his fears were coming true. He never felt the way he did to a girl until he met Jae Hee and could not afford to lose her. She brought him happiness that he never felt before.

"U-um, no, I just thought I heard something, nevermind."

Taemin still wasn't satisfied with her answer, so he went in for a kiss to see how she would react, but Jae Hee pushed him away by instinct.

"I'm sorry, I have to go." Exclaimed a conflicted Jae Hee. "Are my feelings coming back for Tae Joon? Aish, this can't happen, it's been so long and we haven't spoken a word. Just hearing him can't make my feelings just come back. Ani." While Jae Hee was running to her quiet place, she suddenly tripped on the curb, only to find large hards wrapped around her waist, protecting her from landing on concrete. She looked down to see familiarity in the hands wrapped around her and gasped. "Tae Joon!" She was afriad to turn around to see his face. It had been too long and seeing his face pained her.

"It's been a long time Gujil-gujil." That voice, the voice that entranced Jae Hee, the voice of encouragement, and the voice of pain.

Jae Hee quickly turned around when she heard "Gujil-gujil" and said, "You would only know about that nickname if your memory returned..." And then Jae Hee's eyes widened as she made the connection. Abruptly, she was in Tae Joon's embrace, as his hand landed naturally on her neck and the other around her waist. Tae Joon closed his eyes, taking in the sensation he was feeling right now, a feeling that he had missed for a long time, and he smiled. Jae Hee was the missing part of him, for she was his other half. Without Jae Hee, there was no Tae Joon.

Jae Hee pushed Tae Joon back, realizing that her heart began to race like it used to, all the emotions she never felt with anyone else, even with her current boyfriend, Taemin. She knew that this was all wrong. "I'm sorry, we can't be doing this."

Tae Joon tried to maintain a straight expression, however, he failed to, for Jae Hee could see right through his facade. "Jae Hee, I remember you. I know what I said to you was before was hurtful, and I don't expect you to forgive me, but I just wanted to tell you that you're still the one I love. I want us to go back to when I confessed to you when you bought me the pot of flowers. Remember that?"

Jae Hee felt as if a string was trying to pull her into Tae Joon's embrace, however, she held back. "Mianhe (sorry) Tae Joon. I forgive you for what you said, but..." Jae Hee hesitated before she finished her sentence. "But I'm Lee Taemin's girlfriend now." Jae Hee couldn't identify why, but when she stated that she was someone else's in front of Tae Joon, it felt forced and unnatural. "I'm sorry Tae Joon. I can't hurt someone else's emotions the way you did for me. I truly forgive you, but I think it's time we move on."

That final statement was a big blow for Tae Joon, and all he said in return was, "Jae Hee, I forgot you because of what happened. It was because we were arguing, all of my thoughts were filled with you before I was about to jump. It was your face, your voice, your everything clouding my vision. I heard you yelling at me and I saw your crying face that wouldn't stop. It haunted me Jae Hee. It really did." Tae Joon's voice cracked, for he was on the verge of tears. "Jae Hee, I don't understand why we can't be us again." Tae Joon looked into Jae Hee's eyes to see if he could decipher what she was thinking, but all he saw was a straight face in reply. "I only have one question for you. Be honest with me. Do you really love Taemin?"

Jae Hee's straight expression was broken and it changed to an expression of confusion and fear, for this question caught Jae Hee off guard. "I-I-I, I am his girlfriend," is all she managed to say.

"No, I am asking you, do you love him," Tae Joon emphasized each of the words. 

"Tae Joon, don't do this to me."

"You're telling me that you don't love him. Am I right?" Jae Hee remained silent and Tae Joon thus took it as a "yes". Tae Joon softened his voice and asked, "Then, do you still love me?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't think you should be asking such questions to my girlfriend," cut in Taemin, who finally found Jae Hee after she ran away.

"Do you even know how she feels about you?" Replied Tae Joon.

"I do. I trust her, we have been together through a lot, and have come to know each other very well," Said Taemin as he grabbed Tae Joon's collar. Tae Joon pushed Taemin back in defense, which signalled the start of a fight between Taemin and Tae Joon.

"I have known her much longer than you ever had. I know her better than you ever had. And, I have been through much more with Jae Hee than you ever have."

"Do you know how much you hurt Jae Hee? It was I who was there to take care of her when you and her other friends weren't around. I think you forgot that in the end, you hurt the person you loved the most. It was I who gave her back the smile she lost. Now why did she lose this smile, because of you." And this was enough to make Tae Joon numb and helpless. He stopped fighting back at Taemin and slumped his shoulders because he knew everything that Taemin said was right. He hurt Jae Hee more than Taemin ever did. He caused her pain that she could have never gone through, and it was all his fault, thus he open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter