Destiny of Yesterday 3: Chapter 1

Destiny of Yesterday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N: To those that have never watched To the Beautiul You, Gu Jae Hee (who was portrayed by Sulli) dresses up like a boy to enroll into an all boy's school where Tae Joon (who was portrayed by Minho), her idol, goes. She pretends to be a boy and is discovered by Kang Tae Joon. Tae Joon decides to kick her out, but then feels sympathy towards her efforts in emailing Tae Joon's dream coach, Coach Horton. Afterwards, Jae Hee and Tae Joon become closer through more interactions and Tae Joon begins to develop feelings towards Gu Jae Hee. The drama ends in California, where Kang Tae Joon and Gu Jae Hee reunite in an embrace.

This story might be a longer one consisting of more chapters. It depends on how the story goes. Happy reading!)

"Kang Tae Joon, I trusted you out of all people. You know how much I sacrificed for you?" Goo Jae Hee yelled as tears cascaded down her face. She was tired of their relationship. It felt as if it was being forced and no longer seemed right. "Answer me!" Goo Jae Hee screamed with one final punch on Tae Joon's chest. Kang Tae Joon stood there stonefaced...he was lost and didn't know what to do. "Fine, you won't say anything, then we're done. It was nice meeting you." And with a final bow, Goo Jae Hee, Tae Joon's light and hope, left, repeating the events of his mother's death 6 years before.

Tae Joon was too dazed to reply, but when he finally did, Jae Hee was out of sight. 

__________________

Setting: Tae Joon's High Jump Competition

This scene replayed in Tae Joon's mind over and over again. Their relationship had been running smoothly for 2 and a half years, but his one mistake caused Jae Hee too much pain. Tae Joon knew he had to get the scene out of his head, for he was at a high jumping competition, but he could not concentrate. He heard the timer go off, signaling his 60 seconds left to finish his high jump. His heart hammered against his chest. As he ran, Jae Hee's voice got louder and louder in his head. His vision became clouded with Jae Hee's crying face, and then his vision went black.

__________________

Tae Joon's POV

Setting: Hospital

I tried to open up my eyes, but everything was too bright, so I slowly allowed my eyes to adjust to the bright lighting. When I finally adjusted, I found myself lying on a hospital bed and with my leg in pain. 

"What happened?" I thought to myself. "The last thing I remember is, agh now my head hurts. What is going on?" I wrapped my hands around my head to dim the excruciating pain in my head. At that moment, the sound of someone's feet came closer and closer, and finally the door opened. A girl who I didn't recognize walked in with a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

__________________

Third Person POV

The girl walked in as tears cascaded down her face. She continously said "sorry" and went up to hug Tae Joon as she placed the flowers on the counter. Afterwards, she stared at his face intently with love, causing him to feel extremely uncomfortable.  

"Oppa, you finally woke up! You've been asleep for 3 days and, this may sound cheesy, but I didn't know what I was going to do without you! I'm sorry for what I said and I forgive you. Part of the problem was on me." When Tae Joon stared at her blankly, almost with a cold stare, Jae Hee continued, "Please oppa, forgive me."

After moments of silence, Tae Joon finally replied in a cold manner, "Who are you? I don't want you in my room and don't call me oppa." Jae Hee stared at Tae Joon with disbelief as he continued to chant the same words. 

"Stop it oppa, I know you're mad at me, but don't do this to me."

"No, who are you? I don't know you," replied Tae Joon in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jae Hee didn't know what to do, so she pressed the hospital buzzer for the nurses to come see what is wrong with Tae Joon.

Once the nurse arrived, Jae Hee explained what had just happened. The nurse led Tae Joon to the MRI to perform a scan on his brain and came back with the results. "It seems that Tae Joon suffers from amnesia. Memory from the past 3 years has been erased from his memory. I assume he must have met you during the 3 year timespan. Give him time, don't force any memories upon him. However, I do precaution you that his memory may never return. If it does, something that strongly effects his emotions will stimulate his memoriesto come back. Objects will not allow him to regain memory, however, certain memories may eradically return. There is still hope." Afterwards, the nurse left with a bow. Jae Hee didn't move. She stood there in shock, trying to digest everything she just heard. 

"He doesn't remember me. He doesn't remember the sacrifices I made for him. He may never remember me...again." Jae Hee felt light-headed. She leaned against the wall and slowly slid down to the ground, as tears began to pour out of her eyes. She curled into a tight ball as she remembered fond memories of Tae Joon from their first meeting.

__________________

FLASHBACK (Jae Hee's POV)

"I can't believe it, I'm doing this. The school is right before my eyes, but where is the office?" Suddenly, I reazlied that my luggage seemed a lot lighter than when I first ascended the stairs. I looked back only to realize that all of my clothes fell out. "What the heck!" I quickly scurried to the ground to pick up my clothes when I realized someone else was trying to walk up the stairs. 

"I'm sorry...but how do I get to the office..." That person's legs were right in front of my face, so I tilted my head up to figure out who was there with me, and all I saw was the sun, until that person's head blocked the sun's rays. Looking down upon me was the person I came to South Korea for. It was Kang Tae Joon.

"Kang Tae Joon!" I said surprised. 

"Your taste is a litte..." Replied Kang Tae Joon.

"Huh?" I was oblivious to what was going on until Tae Joon looked down and showed me my underwear hanging from his index finger. 

"Peculiar," said Tae Joon finishing his sentence.

I quickly came up with a lame excuse and shouted, "It's a hankerchief!" as I grabbed my underwear from his hands, but I lost balance and fell into my empty suitcase, which went flying. Thankfully, Tae Joon's foot was able to step onto the luggage's handle to save me from flying.

"Gomaw (Thanks)." Next thing I knew, I was flying in the air and landed on the the stairs again as my suitcase slid down the stairs all the way to bottom. A tree in front of me stopped me from moving. I quickly shook my head to let out a breath of air and then turned back and waved my hand up to Tae Joon saying, "I'm fine. I'm serious! I didn't get hurt!"

He coldly replied, "I didn't ask you," and then pointed at my hand. I looked up only to see myself waving my underwear, but I didn't really care. I was just happy enough that I met my idol in person. "Oh yeah...My name is Gu Jae Hee! It's really nice to meet you!" Then, Tae Joon walked away with a look of annoyance on his face. I smiled to myself and knew that disguising myself as a boy in an all boy's school was worth it.

FLASHBACK ENDS

__________________

Third Person POV

Setting: Hospital

Jae Hee continued to cry to herself incessantly as all of their memories flew back to her mind. "Maybe we weren't meant to be and destiny gave us a sign." Jae Hee sighed and then regained her composure to walk back to Tae Joon's hospital room.

Jae Hee cautiosly opened the door the enter Tae Joon's room, who was currently looking out the window. When he heard a noise, he quickly turned his head to see Jae Hee, the person who used to mean everything to him, that now was worth nothing to him. He eyed her in disgust and then pretended to fall asleep. Jae Hee was hurt by his actions. When he was cold to her when they first met, Jae Hee tolerated it because she didn't have romantic feelings for him, but now it was different. His cold aura hurt her like a thousand nails stabbing her in the heart. 

"Op–I mean Tae Joon," Jae Hee realized that to Tae Joon, they were no longer familiar with each other and decided to stop calling Tae Joon "oppa". "Don't you at least want to know who I am? Or what I was to you before you lost your memory?"

"No, I don't. I have enough going on in my life, and I don't imagine needing another person with me."

Jae Hee knew what Tae Joon was talking about. His mother had gotten diagnosed with a sickness and Tae Joon was fully dedicated to his mother. Then, it occurred to Jae Hee that Tae Joon was back 3 years, and still believed that his mother was alive.

"I will tell you either way, because I feel like you are obligated to know." Jae Hee sighed and then looked at her hands tightly intertwined together and then at Tae Joon's face. "You will think how I met you is absurd and made up, but when you remember you will know that I wasn't lying to you." She took all the courage she had and began to pour out their love story, from their first meeting to how their relationship began. "You had known that I was a girl all along, but decided to keep me by your side and you confessed to me. You told me that you liked me." Jae Hee paused to see Tae Joon's reaction. His face seemed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter