Siwon and Eleanara (non-canon pairing)

The Loss of Order - One Shots

                Eleanara and Siwon rode the gently undulating water construct the latter had summoned for them early this morning as they made their way to Lornhaldt.  The light elementalist was perched in front of Siwon, his arms on either side of her holding her protectively in place as she clung to the creature firmly, smiling all the while.  Like most of the elemenalists, she loved the feeling of flying and Siwon certainly didn’t mind how she fit so neatly against his body.

                Almost childlike in her joy, Siwon watched as she waved down at another group of travelers who looked up to see the pair flying above them.  He couldn’t help but smile at the exchange, chuckling when her longer hair brushed against his arms, tickling the sun kissed skin.  He tended to favor shirts that lacked sleeves, often times removing them himself, a habit Eleanara endearingly chided him for.  Pants were another matter entirely and he favored the sturdy fabric of the full length ones he wore now since they helped cut down on the wind.

                Easily chilled, Eleanara tended to wear long sleeves and pants almost year round but especially when flying.  The loose white shirt she wore now was tucked into the brown slacks and fluttered lightly in the wind when it wasn’t plastered against her.  “Friends of yours?” he asked in amusement, leaning close over her shoulder to speak into her ear.

                Eleanara blushed and shifted to the side so she could see Siwon’s face when she responded.  “Not that I know of, but they were waving so I waved back,” she responded, capturing her hair with one of her hands to keep it from whipping her in the face.

                “Indeed,” Siwon smiled, sitting back upright and glancing ahead.  The city was a decent distance from Fairmeadow, usually a full day trip really, but they’d made the journey several times with good results.  “There it is,” he pointed ahead, drawing her gaze to the blossoming city they could just begin to see the outline of.

                “Did it get bigger since the last time we were here?” she asked, leaning forward attentively, squinting to cut down on the sun’s glare.

                “Probably.  You know how Young-Jae has been trying to rebuild everything,” the water elementalist shrugged, shifting one hand forward to rest it against her waist, unconsciously concerned about her safety.

                Eleanara felt the contact and smiled to herself, sitting back up slightly in response.  “So what are we coming here for today?” she asked back brightly, glancing over her shoulder.  He’d told her they were coming but he refused to explain why, not that she minded.  It was a welcome respite from the day to day affairs they usually took part in and she’d made sure that there were no pressing matters to attend to that couldn’t wait until later.  Hopefully, everyone would manage to stay whole and healthy at least until she returned.

                “You’ll see,” he grinned back at her, winking when she mock-scowled, an amusing expression on her face.

                Despite his reticence on explaining, Eleanara was delighted and she turned back around so he wouldn’t see just how excited she was.  Daringly, she raised her arms out to the side and closed her eyes, enjoying the feel of the air running over her.  She enjoyed even more the immediate response of Siwon wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her closer to steady her, making sure she didn’t slip.

                As they approached the city, Siwon maintained his hold on Eleanara, even after she had leaned back to rest against his chest, her hands lying lightly on top of his arm.  He angled the water construct down a fair distance outside the walls of Lornhaldt, grinning at her delighted shriek when they nose-dived and pulled up sharply before landing gently off the side of the road.  Still laughing, he handed Eleanara off the construct and slid down after her.

                “I swear you do that on purpose every time,” Eleanara shook her head, taking another deep breath.  She had a love hate relationship with his landing method in large part because it was exhilarating but it always took her several moments for her to calm her beating heart after.

                “Of course,” Siwon agreed, wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her up easily with her back pressed against his chest and twirled her around, swinging her feet out in front of her.  She giggled and shrieked again, covering her eyes with her hands in an attempt to ward off dizziness.  “Come on, Nara,” he grinned, setting her down and gently grabbing one of the hands that were covering her face.

                Eleanara peeked around her other hand and dropped it quickly, smiling as if nothing at all had happened.  It was impossible to hide the familiar flush to her cheeks but she had pretty much given up on that changing.  Even after three years of being together, Siwon had a habit of making her flush over the littlest things.  She finally tore her gaze away from his handsome features and looked ahead at the line of travelers that dotted the road and led into the city.  “Wow!  There are so many people,” she murmured, feeling the beginnings of her nerves like she always did around crowds.

                “And most of them have no idea who we are,” he reminded her comfortingly.

Unless they actually advertised themselves as such, the elementalists could pass as regular people in a large city like Lornhaldt, what with the large and regular influx and outflow of persons.  Of course some people remembered them better than others, the guards in particular, but to everyone else they were nothing more than another pair of travelers which was why they had landed as far from the entrance as they had.

                “You’re right,” Eleanara nodded in agreement, taking a steadying breath and holding tighter to Siwon’s hand.

                “Shall we go?” he asked lightly, giving her hand a gentle tug as he stepped forward.  She chirped in response and stepped closer to him, reaching her other hand across to grip his bicep loosely.  Arm in arm, they approached the city while the construct dispersed into the air quietly, dismissed by Siwon.  He smiled at the fact that Eleanara had to take two steps for every one of his but he kept his pace measured and steady, allowing her plenty of time to keep up.

                Carefree, they waved at the travelers on the road when they approached, just another couple seeking entrance.  Bright eyed, Eleanara looked around inquisitively and Siwon watched her in quiet joy.  She had come so far from the almost broken creature she’d been when they’d walked away from their final battle.  If she didn’t focus quite so much on healing others, he’d be just a smidgeon happier really, which was part of why he’d coaxed her into coming with him today.

                She had been working very hard of late and he felt she needed a respite she wasn’t going to take otherwise.  When they approached the gate, he looked at the familiar guards and put a finger to his lips with a warm smile and a wink.  They smiled in return and waved them in like the rest of the travelers filing through the gates.

                “Well, that was easy,” Eleanara laughed lightly, looking up at her taller companion brightly.  She was always nervous they’d be recognized immediately upon coming into any settlement and of course, there were always looks cast their way in quiet speculation but no one approached them immediately today.

                “Of course.  You’re with me,” Siwon pat her hand comfortingly, escorting her through the crowded streets and guiding them along a path of reduced resistance.  They avoided the middle of the road where carts and carriages occasionally jingled past, but were otherwise left alone, jostled here there by the normal ebb and flow of the crowd.

                While he had a specific destination in mind, Siwon didn’t complain at all when he heard Eleanara gasp and then point tentatively at a bright accessory cart that caught her eye.  “So many things,” she murmured softly, pulling her hand back and edging closer to Siwon, purposefully turning her attention away.  She still didn’t know what they were here for but she doubted they had time for such trivial things.

                “Come on, Nara,” Siwon urged, pulling her along towards the cart to her surprise.  “Which one caught your eye?” he queried, surveying the bright scarves, hair pins, necklaces, bracelets and rings that were arrayed before them, trying to find one she would like.

                Eleanara chewed her bottom lip tentatively and then smiled as she pointed at a small silver hair pin formed in the shape of a bird.  It looked more like a hawk than anything else but the artfully carved head was turned outward, apparently watching them with bright eyes; two tiny stones of sapphire that winked at them.  “That one,” she answered shyly, ducking away from the gaze of the middle aged vendor who smiled at her warmly.

                “It’s a beautiful choice, my lady,” he approved, reaching down to pick it up so that she could look at it closer.

                “May I?” Siwon asked, reaching out to retrieve the pin and nodding politely at the older man before he turned to tuck it into Eleanara’s hair so that it perched prettily on her head.  “Perfect,” he grinned.  “See?” he turned her towards the polished silver plate hanging nearby for just such a purpose and laughed when he saw her beam in response.

                “It’s so pretty,” she murmured softly, reaching up a delicate hand to touch it softly.

                While she admired it, finally relinquishing her hold on Siwon and daring to glance at the other items since they were there, her companion leaned close and whispered to the vendor quietly.  The vendor grinned in response and nodded, accepting a token that Siwon slipped him bearing the sigil of Young-Jae on one side and the symbol of the Elementalists on the other.

                As good as coin, the token was handled only by the elementalists and merchants to purchase goods they wouldn’t normally.  The penalty for anyone found holding them that was not an elementalist or merchant was forced labor or deportation; the death sentence had been done away with almost entirely.  Siwon had already discussed it with Young-Jae by letter through his construct and had been encouraged to spend them on his foray today.

                Eleanara was notoriously frugal and mended or made most of her wardrobe but she rarely took the time to spend anything on herself.  Siwon wanted to rectify that today and this was just the start.  “Is there anything else you see?” he prompted, reaching out to slide a pale pink scarf through his fingers.

                “It’s all beautiful,” Eleanara sighed, reaching up to take the pin out of her hair until Siwon caught her hand and waggled his finger at her.

                “It’s on me,” he assured her, leaning down to kiss the crown of her head softly.  “So what else would you like?”

                Blushing profusely and momentarily rendered speechless, Eleanara simply grinned and squeaked in joy.  Hesitantly, she reached out for the scarf that he had been looking at just a moment ago and nodded.  “This too?”  Uncertainly, she chewed her bottom lip again and then beamed at him when Siwon confirmed with the vendor, who unhooked it for him, and promptly handed it to Eleanara.

                “This too,” Siwon agreed, saluting the vendor warmly and then guiding Eleanara away with a hand to her back as she played with the scarf, trying to figure out best to attach it to her person.  Eventually, she just draped it over her shoulders artfully and held to Siwon, entwining her fingers with him, still smiling all the while.

                Her reaction alone was worth the trip here and he couldn’t wait to see how she’d react later.  With a glance at the sun, he looked around and asked, “Are you getting hungry yet?”

                “Mm,” Eleanara hummed in response, nodding her head once.

                “Hmm.  How about the Minstrel’s Dance?” he queried, scanning the area ahead and seeing the familiar sign with the dancing minstrel on it hanging over the door.

                Not only was the Minstrel’s Dance a favorite haunt of Zhou Mi and Henry, but it was also well reputed and had become the primary stopping place for food and drinks for most of the elementalists when they came into Lornhaldt.  They were easily recognized by the staff but were also treated like regular customers which was worth more to them than what might be found at a finer establishment.

                Dong Min noticed them come in and waved warmly, “Welcome to the Minstrel’s Dance!”  He gestured at the tables and winked at them, sending one of the waitresses out to take care of them specifically.

                Siwon led the conversation to begin with, ordering drinks and handing the waitress another token while his companion reviewed the menu for the day.  Eleanara spoke up when it was time to order their food though.  As was usual, they just opted to go for today’s special, hearty chicken pot pie with soft rolls, and they shared a glass of cider between them.  Eleanara only wanted a couple sips so she stole Siwon’s cup occasionally, who laughed at her as she did so.

               She was not exactly subtle, though it appeared as if she tried to be, slowly sneaking her hand out to drag the cup her way, laughing over the rim when Siwon just smiled at her.  Every now and then, he’d snag the glass before she could get it, take a sip himself and then set it down in front of her with a satisfied smirk.

                They took their time in eating, listening to the lone minstrel plying his trade on the small stage and letting the flow of people move around them while they simply people watched or, more often, watched each other.  Conversation was light and the company was good so they were in no hurry.  Content, Siwon pushed the plate away and reached over to grab Eleanara’s hand resting on the table.  “Ready?” he prompted, nodding towards the door.

                “Yep,” she responded, getting up easily and waving at Dong Min as they headed out.

                He smiled back at the couple and waved, “Come back and see us again soon!”

                “We will,” Siwon laughed, holding the door open for Eleanara as she headed out before him, still holding his other hand.

                “Okay!  So where next?” Eleanara asked, glancing around and then settling her gaze on Siwon curiously.

                “Well.  I figured we could stop by Lady’s Leisure,” he responded, grinning widely at her confounded expression.               

                “We can’t go there!” she finally managed to laugh, shaking her head immediately.

                “Why not?” he chuckled, already starting to pull her up the street to the nicer part of the town close to the palace.

                “Because it’s too expensive and I…you…  Because we don’t need anything there,” she explained, feeling her heart start to beat just a little bit faster in excitement despite herself.

                “You might not, but that’s not the point,” he winked, tapping her nose with one finger playfully and continuing to pull her along.

                “But Siwon…” she protested, grinning anyway.

                 Because she was frugal and practical, Eleanara rarely went into clothes shops herself but Siwon knew she had a secret weakness for the pretty dresses like the one she’d worn at the celebration ball in the palace.  She just never let herself act on them.  “No buts Nara,” he stated, giving her an amused sidelong glance.

                She looked up at him with hopeful eyes, lips pulled into a smile she couldn’t help and allowed herself to be pulled along to Lady’s Leisure.  The building was bright and crisp with various displays prominently shown through rather expensive large windows.  Their sign showed a lady in an elegant dress reclining in a comfortable chair with a book settled in her lap.  Lady’s leisure indeed…

                Siwon pulled the door open for her and guided her inside, looking around appreciatively as he did so.  Eleanara’s eyes were wide in her face while she saw the yards of fabric along the wall, lace and frills, satin and silk and everything in between while spread out on the floor on upright racks were template dresses that could be tailored to anyone’s specifics.

                “Welcome to the Lady’s Leisure!” a brightly smiling middle aged woman greeted, coming around from behind the counter to approach them personally.  “What can I help you with today?” she asked, regarding them with hazel brown eyes.  She wore a dress of a similar style to those already on the floor and her pale brown hair was perfectly coifed so that not a single strand was out of place.

                Before she could say anything, Siwon spoke up and pushed Eleanara forward just a little bit, “Nara here needs at least one new dress.”

                “Oh no, really.  I’m fine,” she tried to say, smiling nervously while a flush crept into her face and she raised her hands in negation.

                “Come now, dear,” the other woman smiled confidently, regarding the clothes she was currently wearing with a critical eye.  “Every woman needs at least one nice dress,” she chided, her gaze intent when she glanced over at Siwon.

                He fished out another token and handed it off to the woman with another smile, “This ought to do it.”  Out of the corner of his eye, he could see Eleanara raising her brow at him which only made him smile harder.

                She eyed the token for a few seconds more and then nodded, “Of course.  I am Merilna, the proprietor of this establishment.  It is a pleasure to meet you,” she curtsied politely and extended her hand in greeting.

                “Siwon,” he responded, taking her hand and bowing over it.

                Awkwardly, Eleanara tried to imitate the grace Merilna showed in her curtsy and just came off as awkward but neither said anything, to her relief, which quickly ramped up into nervous again when the owner reached around behind her and propelled her onto the floor.  “Now, Nara.  Let’s see what we can do for you today,” she urged, her practiced gaze traveling up and down the slender frame before picking out a dress to try.

                Most of her display pieces could be cinched up or let out to accommodate the majority of her customers for a close approximation of what the dress would look like on their frame.  Easily, she chose a delicate soft yellow gown with lace embroidery and willowy sleeves before whisking Eleanara off to the side alcove used for dressing and additional measurements.

                Siwon watched in utter delight and amusement when Eleanara was practically kidnapped by Merilna but he was enjoying himself too much to rescue her from herself just now.  When she stepped out the first time, he stifled a laugh at her expression.  Clearly, she was delighted by the dress but didn’t seem to know what to do with the sleeves and in her words, “It’s too itchy.”

                Merilna tsked at her and shook her head.  “Your skin’s too soft my dear,” she chuckled instead, opting for another pastel color of a light blue with softer fabric, no lace and a flowing empire-waist cut with a modest v neck.

                While she was changing, Siwon wandered around the rest of the store, eyeing the other gowns and whistling in appreciation at the sheer selection of colors and fabrics available to her.  He’d never been in here himself but he’d definitely wanted to bring Eleanara here for this very reason.  She was a joy to watch as she picked at the fabric, her face alight with happiness.  The way she twirled with the next dress, making the hem flare out from her was nigh on magical and she giggled, a musical sound if he ever heard one.

                “I love it!” she gasped, practically dancing in place.

                “Good!” Merilna beamed, nodding at Siwon and promptly guiding her back towards the alcove with another dress that came to hand easily.

                “But-!” Eleanara tried to interject.

                “Oh no, my dear,” Merilna chided.  “Just because you fall in love with one, doesn’t mean you stop looking,” she winked.  “We have to see if there’s something better or perhaps another that suits your fancy.”  Her gaze was calculating but satisfied when she glanced over her shoulder to wink at Siwon whose amusement was plain to see, one hand covering his mouth to help hide his smile while his eyes twinkled.

                A handful of customers floated in and out while they stayed for the next hour or so, picking up orders or inquiring about custom designs, but Eleanara seemed to be Merilna’s focus.  By mid-afternoon, Eleanara had paraded around in nine different dresses; two of which she could not choose between.  The blue dress she’d tried on second and a lavender dress with a princess waist and sweetheart neckline, accented by silver filigree down the length of the sleeves and layered pleats in the bottom half, giving it additional depth.

                “We’ll take both,” Siwon finally settled the matter for her, earning him a satisfied expression from Merilna and a surprised look from Eleanara as she vacillated between shock and glee.

                “But-  What-  Where will I wear them?” she asked, watching Merilna head to the back with longing as the other woman carted the dresses off to finish up the order.

                “We’ll figure something out,” Siwon assured her, leaning close and stealing a quick kiss on the lips.

                Against that logic, Eleanara had no argument and she just grinned with a silly smile on her face the entire time they were checking out, one arm looped around Siwon’s waist while his rested against hers in a similar gesture.  Giddy with their success, she hummed to herself as the pair gradually made their way out of the shop and back towards the front of the city.  The dresses would be ready in about a week or so and they were welcome to come back to pick them up at that time or they could have them delivered.  Siwon had opted for coming back and Eleanara had simply shyly nodded in agreement, offering a quiet thanks to Merilna for her assistance.

                When they made it outside the city walls and were headed back off the path so he could summon his construct, he murmured, “So.  Were you surprised?”

                Eleanara laughed and nodded emphatically.  “Most certainly.  I had no idea, Siwon.  Thank you,” she offered warmly, pausing briefly as she looked up at him with tender affection.

                “Of course, Nara,” Siwon responded, stopping when she did and turning to look down at her directly.  He raised a warm hand to cup her cheek softly.  “I love you,” he murmured, bending down to kiss her more properly, using his other arm to loop around behind her and pull her against him.  At the same time, he felt her arms slide around him, encircling his torso firmly.

                Breathless, Eleanara pulled away slightly after a moment and reached up to caress his face with her hands in turn, staring into loving eyes.  “I love you too, dearest,” she smiled, gently pulling his face closer to kiss him once more.

                Laughing lightly, Siwon rested his forehead against hers.  “Come on, love.  We’ve got a ways to go,” he reminded her, gently starting her walking again while he brought the construct back with a thought.

                “I know.  I know,” she nodded, squeaking when he lifted her onto the construct’s back, his grip tickling briefly.

                “What was that?” he laughed, hopping in place behind her.

                “It tickled,” she explained quickly, eyeing him in warning.

                “Oh did it now?” he raised an eyebrow and attacked her sides again with his fingers, laughing when his construct looked back over its shoulder curiously.

                Around her laughter, Eleanara gasped, “Stop.  Stop!  Siwon!” swatting ineffectively at his hands since he was so much stronger than her anyway.

                “Alright,” he relented, slipping his arms around in front of her and pulling her close instead, hugging her from behind and resting his cheek against her head.  “Let’s go home, Nara,” he murmured, closing his eyes in contentment when she reached a hand up to cup the back of his head, fingers playing with his hair while her other rested on his arms.

                She chirped in agreement and held tighter when the construct launched itself into the air.  They didn’t have enough daylight to make it home before dark, not that it would be a problem in the end.  For the moment, they were simply content to stay in each other’s embrace, holding tight and pressed close against each other, not in the least bit affected by the wind chill for the warmth they felt from being together.

 

(a/n: Okay, so I just finished rereading TLO so hopefully I haven't lost my touch with my characters.  And Wow.  This took way too long to get up here.  I'd started it a couple weeks ago and then just never finished it.  Shame on me.  -_-  Same thing happened with a Summer and Siwon pairing.  You can likely expect that one to be up shortly (hopefully at any rate).  I am apparently a bit biased towards Siwon at the moment insofar as pairings are concerned.  I do intend on doing more and right now I definitely needed something light and fluffy from the chaptered fic I'm working on.  Sorry it took so long.  T_T  I fail...  haha  I think I made Nara a bit more childlike than intended but damn if she isn't cute.  ^_^  I hope you enjoyed and will be working on at least one update asap.  Thanks for reading and have a great day!  <3)