Leeteuk and Eleanara

The Loss of Order - One Shots

                A sense of something missing woke Leeteuk from his otherwise peaceful slumber.  He noticed what it was immediately when he did not feel Eleanara curled up beside him as she usually was.  Especially when sleeping, she always maintained contact with him; a comforting reassurance that helped her sleep, she’d always said.  It was still dark, so he knew it wasn’t morning yet, but there was a soft light spilling in from under the curtain they used for a door for a modicum of privacy.  They had once had a door, but it had not remained long as it had blocked too much sound.

                Easily, he crawled out of bed, shirtless and barefoot but wearing comfortable sleeping pants.  Tiredly, he ran his hand through reddish chestnut hair that had grown out a bit more than usual and walked into the next room, which was the living room and kitchen spaces side by side.  He looked to his left and saw where the light was coming from the children’s room they had built right next to theirs.  Quietly, he rounded the corner to look in and smiled softly at the pleasant sight.

                Eleanara had a dim ball of light floating above her, illuminating the room and the face of the three year old little girl sleeping on the small bed.  She looked more like her mother but she had pale brown hair with reddish highlights; a gift from her father.  Her hands were curled into loose fists in front of her face as she lay on her side, facing the direction Eleanara was sitting.  Leeteuk’s eyes lingered on his daughter for a moment before checking on his wife.  Eleanara was smiling serenely, her chin resting on her hands and her elbows propped on the edge of the bed.  She had threaded the loose strands of wavy golden hair behind her ear so he could see her delicate profile perfectly.

                Her smile changed to one of amusement as she leaned back and placed both hands tenderly on her very pregnant belly.  A radiant expression filled her face as she felt the new life moving within her and she started humming softly under her breath.

                “Couldn’t sleep?” Leeteuk finally asked, quietly so as not to wake Mi-Young.

                At the sound of his voice, Eleanara looked over and her eyes warmed considerably.  “No,” she laughed lightly, reaching up to thread a strand of hair behind her ear again unnecessarily before placing it back on her stomach.  “He didn’t want to,” she looked down with fond annoyance at where her hands rested.

                Leeteuk came over and tenderly placed a kiss on the top of her head before he reached down to cover her hands with his while his other rested on her opposite shoulder.  “How do you know it’s a boy?” he asked, honestly curious and hopeful.  He would be more than happy either way, but he wouldn’t deny he wanted a son.

                Eleanara smiled and moved her hands out from under his so he could feel too.  She placed her hands over his and answered, “He feels different.  And she certainly didn’t kick like that,” she added as Leeteuk was surprised when he felt a foot push against his hand.

                “No, she didn’t,” he agreed with a smile, mildly amused.

                For a few more moments, they continued to watch Mi-Young sleep, marveling at the beautiful child they had made together.  “Is it almost dawn?” Eleanara asked quietly as she looked up and glanced around, lightly grabbing one of his hands in hers as he rested them on her shoulders.

                “Soon,” he murmured, leaning forward to wrap his arms around her chest and shoulder protectively.  “Do you want to go watch it?” he whispered into her ear, making her giggle in delight.  She chirped in response and he stood up, helping her to her feet.

                “Thank you,” she breathed gratefully.  In the years since they had defeated Enrhyll, she had recovered slowly and remained a shade too thin until they had conceived Mi-Young.  She had finally filled out some more but was still on the small side, an amusing contrast to the baby growing inside her.  Slowly, she shuffled to the front door, glad her off-white sleeping shift only fell to her shins and not to her feet, else she would probably trip over it.

                It was close enough to Mi-Young’s waking time that Leeteuk reached over and hefted her into his arms.  “Come on, Mi-Young,” he murmured as she woke sleepily to throw her arms around his neck and lay her head on his shoulder.  Leeteuk chuckled and combed the back of her head with one hand while holding her against him with the other.

                “I sleepy, daddy,” she mumbled as she curled up against him.

                “Sleepy head,” he murmured fondly before he followed Eleanara out into the pre-dawn morning.  He was glad that it was just the perfect temperature right now; not too hot or too cold and he didn’t have to worry about any of them getting chilly.

                The light spell still followed Eleanara and it bobbed rhythmically over her as she headed for the seat he had crafted years ago.  A stone formation appeared at the edge of her light and she smiled before running a delicate hand over the smooth backing.  It was just large enough for both of them, more of a loveseat as opposed to a couch or separate chairs, but it was the best place to watch the sun rise or fall from.

                Leeteuk watched her as she trailed her hand over the seat in a familiar gesture and stepped around to sit down in the smoothed out hollow, cradling her stomach protectively as she did so.  He smiled at the movement before he came around to take the seat next to her, shifting Mi-Young to cradle her in his arms and against his lap as they looked to the horizon together.  The view they had was relatively flat and if you went far enough out, you would reach the cliffs overlooking the sea, which made for an absolutely spectacular sight.

                Slowly, the sky in front of them grew brighter as night’s cloak was slowly pulled away.  The partially cloudy sky reflected the golden rays first before the sky flushed a pale orange and pink dawn with light blue blooming into existence just outside their influence.  Both sat, breathless with the beauty of the morning as the first warm rays of the sun spilled over the horizon and crossed the expanse of the plains to shower them with its glory.  Eleanara closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she felt the sun’s rays touch her.  Leeteuk shifted Mi-Young slightly, freeing an arm, and reached down to thread his fingers through Eleanara’s holding her hand lovingly.  “Good morning, beautiful,” he stated warmly, his gaze no longer on the sunrise but on the wondrous person beside him, whose pale complexion nearly glowed in the dawn’s light.

                “Good morning, my angel,” she beamed back, marveling at the man beside her in turn.  Whether he thought so or not, he had saved her back then and together they had both made a reason to move forward.

                His smiled widened at the name and he leaned towards her to kiss her lips tenderly, just the lightest of touches, but enough to let her know he loved her.

                “I love you too,” she whispered in response to the words he had left unsaid.

                They were both startled when Mi-Young decided now was a good time to wake up.  “Me too,” she reached up from within Leeteuk’s arms, clearly demanding attention.

                “Of course,” Leeteuk grinned, planting an enthusiastic kiss on her cheek before picking her up and swinging her around to Eleanara.  “Your mommy too,” he encouraged as he held her effortlessly.

                “Mommy!” Mi-Young giggled as she was shifted closer to Eleanara who leaned forward to kiss her daughter playfully on the lips.  She giggled and reached down at her swollen belly.  “How is baby?” she asked when Leeteuk set her on the ground so she could lean her head against Eleanara’s stomach to listen.  “Hello baby,” she smiled with both hands and one ear pressed against the surface.

                “He’s just fine,” her mother assured her, threading her fingers through the baby-fine hair in a motherly gesture, watching the rapt attention on her daughter’s face as she listened intently.

                Carefully, Leeteuk picked himself up out of the stone bench and looked back at the pair.  “Alright you two.  Let’s get you something to eat,” he winked, smiling at both of his girls.  He reached out both hands for Eleanara and she slipped her smaller hands into his easily, letting him pull her to her feet slowly so as not to startle Mi-Young who backed up carefully, bumping against Leeteuk’s legs as she did so.

                “Come on, dear,” Eleanara freed a hand to reach for Mi-Young.

                The little girl reached up and grasped the proffered hand, toddling next to her as Leeteuk maintained his position on her other side, cradling her other hand in the crook of his arm with his other hand on top of it.  “Can I has hot cakes?” she asked in her clear, sweet voice, looking up at Eleanara with big hazel eyes and incredibly long lashes.

                Eleanara looked over at Leeteuk and he nodded.  “I’m sure we can make that happen, Mi-Young,” her mother answered her with an encouraging squeeze.

                “Yay!” Mi-Young responded immediately, jumping up and down awkwardly while using her mother’s hand to help support her.

                As the sun continued to rise serenely behind them, brightening the sky with the golden brilliance, the trio disappeared back inside the house.  Delighted laughter could be heard even after the door had been closed and through the window, one could see Leeteuk doting on Mi-Young while Eleanara insisted upon making the hot cakes her daughter had requested.