what colour is chen's underwear?

Accidental Kiss

  

 

 Whatever Kyungsoo was expecting, it definitely was not the CEO of S.M Entertainment himself walking through the doors wearing a crisp grey suit and a friendly looking smile. Kyungsoo rushed to stand up and bow, greeting the man whom he essentially works for. After warm greetings, the CEO told Kyungsoo to relax into the cold leather chair.

 

“You seem quite shaken by something?” The CEO observes.

 

“Ah, sorry. Everything is fine, sir.”

 

Kyungsoo cursed his eyes for being so big and circular; forever cursing him to a shocked expression. He also does not understand how he failed to realize he was in the CEO’s office. For some reason the CEO’s name plaque was nowhere to be seen.

 

There was an awkward silence while the CEO pulled out a bright pink folder. He chuckled to himself. “The staff says we do not have anymore black ones. Hot pink will do for now, I’m afraid.”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry. What was going on? The CEO hasn’t addressed anything about the situation but chose to address the ridiculous colour folder instead.

 

Kyungsoo chooses to laugh.

 

Once he had all the needed papers laid out, he folds his hands on the desk. Kyungsoo squints, trying to read the fine print but he forgot his glasses. Suddenly remembering the CEO was probably staring at him, he looks up and readjusts his position. Here we go. Kyungsoo takes this other prolonged silence to do some last minute mental preparations for what is about to come.

 

“I might as well get to the point, Kyungsoo. I’m sure you heard about the recent phenomenon ‘Nayeonsoo’.”

 

“Yes, sir.”

“Then I’m sure you’ve thought about the possible outcomes from your actions?”

 

Kyungsoo was prepared for this yet when it finally came he still had to clench his teeth. His actions? Kyungsoo did not understand what that meant, considering he was just simply walking when the incident happened. Maybe he should have acknowledged her but the situation was already so awkward. Besides, Kyungsoo barely remembered what happened. If he is getting blamed for this, then he could only imagine what kind of scolding Nayeon is receiving.

 

“Yes, sir. I am gravely sorry for the trouble I have caused to the company with my actions.”

 

The CEO only chuckled. “Yes yes, you’ve managed to stress the publicity team to near death.”

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened. He could only imagine what kind of stress the publicity team had to endure. They had to keep the sweet image of EXO up to par with the citizens. That job could get very difficult, especially if one of them accidently becomes part of a national relationship.

 

“I-is there any way to stop the damage? Is there anything I can do?” Kyungsoo asked although he knew the CEO had something in store for him already or else he wouldn’t be here. However, his expectations and assumptions did not prepare him for the words that came out of the CEO’s mouth.

 

“Stop it? Why on earth would we want to stop something so...powerful. This phenomenon, believe it or not, resulted in more good than bad.”

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

 

“Kyungsoo, I have something you can do. You must think about it. What you can do -- to the best of your abilities -- is play a role.”

 

“A role..?”

 

“Play Nayeonsoo.”

 

Before Kyungsoo could even process what the CEO was suggesting, the loud shrill of a phone went off. The CEO picked it up immediately. The man’s face was serious as he listened intently to the speaker before finally allowing himself to smile (what seemed like victoriously). Kyungsoo looked at the man, waiting for further direction and clarification, but his uncanny satisfied face showed no signs of further explanation.

 

“Forgive me, I’m afraid I’m going to have to pause this meeting.” The CEO stood up and Kyungsoo followed. They bowed at each other, Kyungsoo still stunned at his sudden disappearance. “ I have a very important deal to secure. Please, my assistant will meet you here and debrief you further on this matter. Best luck, Kyungsoo.”

 

The door shut and Kyungsoo is left alone with the ridiculously coloured hot pink folder.

 

~~

 

It wasn’t until Nayeon was in the van with her manager did she get annoyed by the fact that she recited her apology to Kyungsoo about thirty times only to find out he wasn’t even there! Although part of her is grateful she does not have to face him, she felt all her precious energy was wasted struggling. The young CEO told her that the rest of her group were going to be debriefed about their next comeback while Nayeon and her manager will be talking to some other professional, called Lee Sooyoung, about her predicament. Or was it Lee Soonam?  Nayeon does not know, for the insane amounts of stress and worry has finally taken a toll on her poor body. As her manager blasts cheesy 80s ballads through the radio, Nayeon decides to succumb to sleep.

 

The next thing she heard was her manager whacking her with her insanely bright pink Epe plushie drenched in dried drool (but Nayeon insists it’s just melted candy!). Sleepy eyed and barely able to take in her surroundings, she follows her manager. It wasn’t until they reached the elevator did Nayeon notice she was carrying Epe instead of her handbag. The elevator she was in was a big one with mirrors as walls so she was unfortunately able to see herself from all sides. Boy did she look like a mess; her usually smooth hair somehow managed to get tangled while on the car despite its short length, her leggings had some wool and crumbs caught on it, and the edge of her right eyebrow seemed to have smeared off. She sighs defeatedly and her manager only looks at her in pity.

 

“Here.” She says handing an eyebrow pencil. Nayeon takes it grateful but then saddens once again when she realizes it was 3 times darker than her shade.

 

“Thanks, but I’ll just wipe them off.”  

 

Her manager watches as Nayeon wipes them off and her face transforms to something like a cute boiled egg. Her manager realized that Nayeon might not have known where they were headed and who they were meeting, and thought about telling her to stop, but a small part of her is saying that Nayeon is just cool like that; she does not care about self image. It’s not like she looks ugly without eyebrows anyways. Plus she’s really thin and pale and-

 

“Who are we meeting anyways?” She interrupts her managers thoughts just as the door opens. They step out and continue walking down the hall (so Nayeon isn’t able to escape through the elevators).

 

“Lee Sooman and possibly Do Kyungsoo .”

 

Woah what? Nayeon looks around. The pink SM signs were like alarm sirens telling her to leave. The workers there all stared at her. All she could see was Do Kyungsoo heads on each and every one of their faces.  She had a lot of questions, like why Mr. Park demanded for her to get scolded by another company, but the only thing she managed to shout was “WE’RE MEETING KYUNGSOO AND YOU LET ME TAKE OFF MY EYEBROWS?”

 

Her manager becomes frantic as people started whispering. Nayeon was fuming. She knew she looked like a boiled egg.

 

“Give me your brow pencil! Give-give it!” Nayeon tries reaching for her purse but the skilled manager moves it out of reach and leads Nayeon inside the room they were told to meet in. As soon as she sees the bright red girl is inside the room, she hands her the eyebrow pencil, but not before telling her to stay there and wait for further direction from SM representatives. Before Nayeon could ask where she was going, the door shut. At least she now has an eyebrow pencil, she thought. Now only if I had a mirror-OHH HOLY SH-

 

“Hello.” The legendary, smooth, handsome voice of her crush Do Kyungsoo addressed her.

 

He stood up from the couch he was sitting in looking at her intently through his thick rimmed glasses. If Nayeon wasn’t so shook at the moment she would have noticed that Kyungsoo seemed just as nervous as her. But who’s paying attention to how Kyungsoo’s feeling right now, because Nayeon HAS NO EYEBROWS ON.

 

‘H-hello.” Nayeon does not remember saying it but she remembers bowing and looking at the floor wondering if she can do a head dive.

 

None of them said anything after that. They did not know how to address one another, but no one noticed anyways.Perhaps it was the events of the past days, the current awkward situation, or both. Nayeon was still trying to process what was happening and Do Kyungsoo was looking for something to focus on to distract from his growing embarrassment.

 

She was seeing stars. She was looking at THE star. The star of her dreams. And around him were stars. And stars are so big and bright and beautiful - just like him! She was in love, she knew it right there.He looked so good. He held an aura of sophistication even though he was in street clothing. He was right in front of her, looking -- wait what is he looking at??? She follows Kyungsoo’s line of sight which caused her to glance down. To her horror, he was looking at her drool (I mean melted candy) drenched Epe doll held tightly in her hands. She practically cried.

 

There was a long silence followed by a look of mutual understanding from Kyungsoo.

 

“Hot pink.” He remarked.

 

Nayeon was done. She was tired. After all how much can a little girl like her take in a day?

 

“Yeah, something like that.” She agrees showing defeat. Suddenly, like a deflating balloon, their pent up energy released as they plop down on the couch.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

I had half of this chapter finished a couple months ago. I was struggling on how to write Nayeon's part- how I should make them meet. I ended up making them meet in the crackiest way possible. I hope you guys are satisifed. Sorry for the long wait! I'm finished school tmo (after I write my english exam (WIsh me luckkkkk!) so i hopefully will be writing more i dont want to make any promises bc i feel bad dissapointing u guys if i dont end up updating frequently. Thank you for reading this bad story