i hate it i hate it

Accidental Kiss

Nayeon was always a reasonable girl. She never blamed herself for things she could not control or outcomes that she could not have changed. Whenever something embarrassing happened she let herself feel bad about it for 10 minutes tops and then forced herself to get over it and move on. Yes, Nayeon was a rational girl. She understood that people wouldn’t really care if you happened to lose balance or say the wrong answer in class - she knew they’d think about it for a minute, then quickly forget. There wasn’t any point in dwelling on what has happened; the only thing she could focus on now was how she responds to the situation. However, Nayeon was also totally head-over-heels for Kyungsoo and might’ve just potentially ruined her chances at getting to befriend him, and that (in her mind) was enough of an excuse to put all reasonable and rational thoughts aside.

 

“Oh my gosh! Where did the cookies go?” Dahyun stared wide-eyed at a red cheeked Nayeon rapidly munching on a chocolate chip cookie like a bunny eating a carrot. Nayeon shot her a glare which made Dahyun gulp. After a few seconds of just nibbling sounds, Nayeon whined as if she was holding it in all this time.

 

“What am I going to do? Everyone saw! Kyungsoo-sunbaenim is probably super embarrassed all because of me!” Nayeon cried not caring if she sounded like a little child.

 

Mina was rubbing Nayeon’s back as she watched her finish the cookies. Mina was always a good friend, and this (even though it was quite funny) was no exception. Nayeon was sad and she was going to help her through it. “Nayeon, maybe we should go wash your face. It’s too puffy from your crying.”

 

Mina looks at her pleadingly and Nayeon only pouts her lip in return. She stares at the empty cookie tray and noodle bowl as if it would magically make her forget about the incident yesterday and what she found out this morning. Mina sighs and decides to wet a face cloth with cold water to softly pat Nayeon’s face. Other than Mina, Dahyun, Sana, and Jungyeon, the rest of the girls were sleeping in. Actually, at least half of them were probably in their beds on their phones waiting for Nayeon to calm down, but no one at the table wanted to admit it. Their thoughts were disrupted by a phone vibrating on the table. Dahyun checks her notification and is shocked by what she sees. Not only is Nayeonsoo still trending strong on Naver, it is also number 1 on Twitter.

 

“Nayeon I-”

 

“Shhhh!” The said girl closed her eyes and furrowed her eyebrows as if she was trying to teleport away.

 

“But-”

 

“I said shhhhh!”

 

Jungyeon felt bad for Nayeon but she also thinks she is overreacting just a tad bit. It wasn’t like it was anything bad - as far as she knew, most people were saying Nayeonsoo was cute and Nayeon was cute for accidently blowing the kiss. She knew people couldn’t hate Nayeon for what she did because it was all harmless. She wanted Nayeon to see this and she was going to do just that.

 

Jungyeon called her softly. The girl slowly opened her eyes at the new voice and glanced up at her like an injured chipmunk. “Maybe this isn’t as bad as you make it out to be… The fans aren’t hating on you, they actually find it cute! They like you two together? Isn’t that what you wanted? To be paired with Kyungsoo-sunbaenim?”

 

“Yeah! Jungyeon’s right! You should be happy!” Sana smiled happily in hopes of rubbing off of Nayeon.

 

The bunny toothed girl remained seated with fearful looking eyes and gears turning in her head. The rest of them watched quietly, wondering what could possible be going on in her head right now. Nayeon sniffled. “M-maybe...you’re right.”

 

“See that’s better! ” Sana was satisfied with Nayeon’s response and pulled her in for a big hug.

 

Nayeon agreed that no negativity (other than her embarrassment) came out of this and that was the only thing that mattered. She would feel even worse if her group got bad publicity because of her actions! She is realizing now how lucky she is. With new found courage, she asks, “I want to see what they are all saying.”

 

Sana eagerly opens her phone and goes to her Twitter app. She was more than excited to show Nayeon the cute comments about her and her crush. Jungyeon rolled her eyes at the silliness of both the girls while Dahyun and Mina decided to reheat some left-over food.

 

“See, ‘D.O recieves an unexpected kiss from Nayeon. He seems so flustered, aww our manly D.O!’. Wow even exo-ls are happy.”

 

Nayeon starts giggling too - she just couldn’t help it with Sana here!

 

“‘Kyungsoo looked so awkward and shy, it’s not every day he’s like that with girls. Maybe he likes Nayeon! “

 

Even though she was still embarrassed, she was starting to feel a bit better. Nayeon decided that hearing so many people say that her and her Kyungsoo-sunbaenim looked good together was one of the greatest compliments she could get. She just hoped Kyungsoo was okay with it. From what she knew, he didn’t really like the spotlight on him in matters like these because he easily gets embarrassed. Could it be possible for Kyungsoo to have heard about this? If he was on Twitter or Naver, it was unavoidable because the news was trending everywhere! But last time Nayeon checked, he didn’t use social media. Or maybe he has a private account? Although he doesn’t even need to have social media to hear the news, maybe one of his group members like Chanyeol-sunbaenim told him. An image of Chanyeol teasing Kyungsoo for being the centre of the nation’s new favourite couple made Nayeon feel sick in the stomach.


 

“I think I’m gonna be sick.”

 

“Nayeon!” Sana cries and Nayeon feels like passing out right then and there.

 

“He’s going to feel embarrassed because of me. Everytime I see him at award shows it will always be awkward because everyone would be watching us! He’s probably thinking ‘how is it I got into an imaginary relationship with someone I don’t even know!”

 

“Oh please Nayeon, I’m pretty sure he knows who you are. We’ve performed in front of them many times.” Jungyeon reminds the poor girl.

 

Mina nods her head in agreement. “She’s right you know.”

 

Eating her soup quietly in the corner for once, Dahyun had come up with a brilliant idea.

 

“If you really still think he doesn’t like you, why don’t you watch an exo fancam?”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Search up ‘exo reacting to twice’ and you can see Kyunugsoo-sunbaenim’s reaction to us! I bet you he’s enjoying himself. Especially during your parts.” Dahyun gives Nayeon a wink and Jungyeon chokes on her water.

 

“We did not raise you like this Dahyun..”

 

But Nayeon wasn’t listening, the only thing on her mind was how Kyungsoo reacted to them. Fancams you say? “O-okay guys..I’m going to go to my room. Thank you for the food.”

 

For once since the whole incident, she was finally feeling another emotion than embarrassment; curiosity. What did EXO think of them performing. How does Kyungsoo-sunbaenim react when cute Nayeon sings her lines. But most importantly, what does Kyungsoo think of his not so secret admirer?