call in

Accidental Kiss

While a wide eyed Kyungsoo remain rooted on the kitchen chair listening to the two dummies intently, and a determined Nayeon stood narrowing her eyes at her reflection as she harshly brushed her pearly teeth, the two big guy’s themselves sat in comfortable leather couches, sipping hot tea, and looking at the livelihood of Seoul through the penthouse floor of the S.M Entertainment building. One added another sugar cube in his tea before mixing it with the tiny silver spoon, and finally placing it down on the desk.

 

“Are you certain about this, Park Jin-Young?” Lee Soo Man, the CEO and founder of S.M Entertainment himself stared at the much younger CEO before him.

 

“Absolutely, sir.” Park Jin Young, better known as JYP, sat opposite Lee Soo Man. He was quite confident in his proposal for after all, he was the young daring CEO. However, Lee Soo Man was more calculated and wanted to weigh out all the pros and cons. He wanted to know the exact costs, the exact income, and the exact benefits.

 

“With statistics like these, they can take over Korea…” The older one muttered to himself.

 

The younger CEO smiled. “They can take over Asia, sir.” He said it with such confidence and assurance, the older looked up at the man. Mr. Park leaned in. “Not just the kpop industry. I’m talking about the biggest markets; clothing, makeup, skincare, jewelry, and entertainment.” The bright CEO stood up and pulled out a bottle of whiskey from his jacket. Mr. Lee watched amused as he replaced their teacups with small glasses filled with alcohol. Mr. Park laughed and looked out the huge windows. “Think about it. EXO and Twice will be everywhere. We’d have a monopoly on the advertising industry. All the companies will want D.O and Nayeon to endorse them. Then if they cannot have that, they will get the next best thing - their groups. Fans would gather by the thousands to witness them collab with each other for the first time during the new ‘KPOP LOVE CONCERT by JYP and SM artists.’ Their merchandise can be sold by the millions. Companies will be begging to secure deals to sell our products in their stores. They can go on tours throughout Asia; Japan, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand. Those countries are just some of the countries still trending the hashtag. 6 million hashtags in the 48 hours.”

 

Lee Soo Man stood up and finally gave in; taking a sip of the whiskey and feeling the fire burn down his throat. “We are already so successful, but with this…”

 

“Yes but we have to act fast. Trends like these are unpredictable and spontaneous, we never know when they happen or when they end, but if you hit it at just the right time...you hit the jack pot.”

 

Seeming to have made up his mind, the CEO more than eagerly spoke to his earpiece. “Call in Do Kyungsoo to my office.”

 

JYP grinned before downing the rest of his drink. Mirroring the CEO’s actions, he put his finger to his own ear piece. “Call in Im Nayeon.”

 

~~

Meanwhile, in the small world of the Exo dorms, a man named Kyungsoo seemed to just have received the biggest news of his life. Chanyeol would have laughed at the little man’s dumbfounded expression if only he didn’t want to die. Kyungsoo looked like he was in staring lasers into the wooden table.

 

“Oh my god..”

 

“That’s what we said!” Screamed an enthusiastic Baekhyun, happy to see his friend still able to speak.

 

Seeming to have broken from his dazed state, he quickly fished for his phone in his pockets. As expected his screen was lit up with messages and messages of his recent publicity.

 

“Aggh!” He yelled almost dropping his phone.

 

“That’s what we did!” Baekhyun said in such a proud and happy tone that Kyungsoo had to look at him questioningly.

 

“W-why are you happy about this..” He said, his voice more shaky than what he’d like. Baekhyun seemed to have taken notice of the man’s shaken state.

 

“We just thought it was..kinda amazing.” He says trying to be defensive yet sympathetic. “..And kinda cute..” The giant next to him whispered. Kyungsoo glared daggers at him.

“He meant cute as in...Nayeon..was cute?” Baekhyun fails to reason. He grimaces and his face says sorry.

 

Kyungsoo seems to need some time alone, so the two boys decide to give him some space. Kyungsoo felt a bit bad for how he treated Chanyeol and Baekhyun, but he will worry about that later. Right now, what is fogging his mind and making his stomach queasy is the current issue at hand; Nayeonsoo.

 

How did this even happen? To him, it was just like any other end of the year award show he attended. He did not even remember that incident, and to see videos of it surface online on all social media platforms and articles, was so surreal. It was not like Kyungsoo was a stranger to popularity. No he is in Exo for crying out loud. They are used to having their faces and names known by all. But this was completely different, Kyungsoo reasoned. Those times, it was always with s. Now it was just him. Just his face and his name. The topic was uncanny, for it was about something so private as his relationship life. For years, Kyungsoo tried his best to keep his personal life to himself and out the public eye, now his personal life was the most trending topic of 2016! All his friends and family would see this! The embarrassment was no joke.

 

Kyungsoo groaned in frustration before unlocking his phone and taking a look at one of the article’s his friend sent him. There on the front cover was him and Nayeon.

 

Nayeon.

Kyungsoo was so caught up in himself that he forgot there was another person affected, probably even more than he was since she was the one that accidently blew the kiss. Kyungsoo stared at her now, finally seeing her ‘for real’ and wondering who she was and how she was handling this. He cannot recall any particular interaction with Nayeon, just her group. In fact, he enjoyed her group a lot; he thought they were cute. He knew they were extremely popular and so she’d be getting a lot of this attention as well. No he wasn’t angry at her. It was stupid to be angry at a silly mistake. He was just shocked and frustrated at the situation.

 

An alert Junmyeon crashed through the rooms and ran into the kitchen where Kyungsoo was. Judging by the frantic look in his eyes and the phone he held out, Kyungsoo guessed SM has called.  

 

“Yes, yes he is right here.” Junmyeon gives the phone to Kyungsoo and he looks at him apologetically. Kyungsoo nods and takes it. “Yes, manager-nim.”

 

“Ahh Kyungsoo, I told Suho exo were to meet at SM at 1, but I would like you to come at 12. Is that alright with you?”

 

There it was. Kyungsoo was already expecting it but he didn’t think it would be this soon. He lets out a defeated sigh.

 

“Yes, sir.”