Ch #6

Beauty with a Sword.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER #6

THE PREDICAMENT.

 

“Second hall, first room,” Bora repeated the directions under her breath lifelessly as she slowly walked into the vicinity of the hallway she was seeking for. She was just as excited about her job at the castle as she was a week ago. There was nothing to be excited about anyways. The new maid wasn’t even sure why some people seek the life at the castle. It was so boring and mundane. Everything was scheduled and there was no change in the routine. At least, there was no change in the routine ever since she arrived. She deemed the period of two weeks enough to decipher the nature of the place that she was going to stay at for an extended duration. She wasn’t really looking forward to it.

Ah- this must be it.

Bora mused to herself before nonchalantly pushing open the door of the room she was supposed to retrieve the forgotten letters from. She was currently being an extremely helpful friend and running an errand for Sooyoung. Okay. Maybe she wasn’t being that helpful since her friend has to resort to threatening to make her actually set foot in this part of the castle. In her defense, this unchartered territory of the castle was the place that served as home to Sehun’s room. The very person she wanted to avoid bumping into at all the costs. There was total of four hallways in this part and the new maid wasn’t sure which one consisted of the devil’s room. She really wouldn’t have given into her friend’s threats only if she didn’t need her help too.

My damned anklet just has to break…

She wasn’t sure how it exactly happened, but one moment she was dusting the table in the dining hall and the other she was holding onto her broken anklet. Sooyoung told her that it could be fixed. They just have to go to the market- the place they haven’t been able to visit ever since. It felt odd. Her anklets weren’t that heavy, but they had enough weight to always make her aware of their presence. She really missed the distinct tinkle of the bells that has always accompanied her walk.

When will we even get to go to the market?

Bora really can’t blame her friend for not being able to take her to the marker because the latter has been quite busy these past few days since the arrival of the Queen was expected anytime in the near future. She had a feeling that it would be around the end of this week or the beginning of the next. She was anticipating the return since she was quite curious regarding the whole royal family. She has seen the Princess too, but it only happened once. It seemed like the young royal was not fond of communicating with people around her. Sooyoung informed her that she has some trust issues. Bora wasn’t really going to blame her for that. After all, people always do unimaginable things just to get their hands on some extra cash and being the youngest royal she was the prime target of the materialistic lust of the people aside from her brother.

“Whoa~” She couldn’t help, but look around the room in awe as soon as she entered it.

I can’t believe this is only the guest room.

The room was grand in every possible aspect. Even at one glance, you can tell that a lot of money has been spent in decorating each corner of it. She wasn’t really a huge fan of luxury since she has never been subjected to it, but this was something she could feel herself craving for. The room looked expensive, but simple at the same time. It seemed like whoever has been responsible for the interior designing knew how to make good use of money and not come off as a show-off. The walls of the room were adorned with black paint- the color almost fading into an enchanting shade of grey. They were vertically decorated with solid cravings of the darker shade which stood out rather charmingly. The floor beneath her feet was made of pure, polished wood which was really rare to find since the trend has only started recently and required a huge sum of money. The new maid was actually afraid that she would somehow dirty it with her shoes. There was a queen-sized bed placed against the terminal wall with upholstery matching the color of the walls and was accompanied by the canopy that was made of black net. Bora was in fact really tempted to run her hands on the silk sheets that were covering the surface of the bed to feel their rich texture; it wasn’t such a nice idea so she dropped it at that instant.

Stupid, rich people!

I wonder how the King’s room looks like.

With that thought in her mind, she heaved a tired sigh before looking around the room to locate the letters that she was supposed to retrieve.

God! I hate Sooyoung for being so forgetful…

Where are the stupid letters anyways?

How can she even forget them?

Slowly making her way towards the small table located next to the fireplace, she searched around diligently for the letters and ended up groaning in annoyance when she failed to spot them.

“She should have told me where she has placed th-”

“Who are you?” Bora jumped in her place from shock as soon as she heard the oh-so-familiar voice that rang inside the room before going completely still. She could recognize that deep, rough and husky voice anywhere she goes; especially after that night at the inn. Gulping down the lump that has suddenly lodged itself in she lifted her head to stare at the male. He was staring down at her with those same slanted eyes that always captivate the next person. Even in her dilemma, she couldn’t stop herself from wondering whether it was only her who felt that way or other people were just as affected by him. Sooyoung did tell her that he was known for being irresistible, but that wasn’t the concern at the moment. Bora was pulled out of her thoughts by the nonchalant raise of the brow that was directed at her by Sehun; who was standing there with his arms crossed over his bare chest.

Bless my soul…

That was the only thought that crossed her mind as she registered the freshly showered form of the male standing in front of her. Majority of his wringing raven locks were tousled wildly while some of them stubbornly stuck to his face and dripped small droplets of water that traveled down the curve of his sharp jawline before descending down further till they reached the hem of his loose pants that were hanging dangerously low on his hips. Her eyes unconsciously followed the trail of the dripping water bubbles on the surface of his heated skin as they traveled parallel to each other. It almost felt like they were racing each other to trace the defined line of his stomach first. Her shameful staring was once again interrupted by the Sehun as the male shifted in his place impatiently. Snapping back to reality, Bora immediately averted her gaze to the floor and desperately hoped that the King didn’t yet have the chance to recognize her.

This can’t happen to me…

The girl thought to herself in dread as her mind finally pulled out of the gutter and registered the situation that she was currently stuck in. What were the odds that out of the four hallways she accidentally entered the very room she was trying to avoid? Life must really hate her.

I didn’t enter the wrong room.

It was the freaking first room of the second hallway!

It was true though. She has clearly heard the dire

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter