Ch #24

Beauty with a Sword.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER #24

SECRETS.


Bora wasn’t sure whether Sehun knew the truth by then or not, but judging by the fact that there has been no drama brewing up in the castle, maybe it was safe to say that the truth has alluded him which honestly she was thankful for. She wasn’t sure if it would have been safe for anyone if he had gotten to know about what had happened.

     It wasn’t like her to be so scared of something. Throughout all these years she has learned to be brave, to be strong and fearless in the face of the danger, but Daeho brought out a side of her that she has buried years ago with her parents’ death. His mere stare brought out the scared little girl who was terrified of her future after the death of her mother; after she was left alone to fend for herself, her aunt not being of any help at all.

     Maybe that was the reason why Sehun has refrained himself from asking questions when she has refused to answer the very first one and has stayed adamant on maintaining her silence. Maybe, the terrifying image that she has presented at that moment has encouraged him to be at least a bit patient with her. Maybe the fact that he didn’t know Daeho was behind it helped her all the more. Whatever it was, it worked in her favor and she couldn’t be any more grateful.

     What scared her so much though? The lecherous gaze? The obviously abhorring thoughts that he had about her? The way he had made her feel so objectified? Or maybe it was because of the fact that it was a new kind of ‘bad’ that she has never come across before. Was these things really the reason behind it? They definitely played a part, but Bora knew what scared her more was the logical consequences that followed it.

      She was scared because Daeho was a person who had the power and the insanity to do anything he wants; he had the money, the wealth and maybe even the manpower. She was scared of what he was capable of doing. She was scared because she knew what Sehun’s reaction would be. She was scared because she was horrified by the possibility that she could be the reason for another political contempt between the two nations – she knew that Sehun won’t tolerate it – knowing very well that if any kind of hostility is shown by their authorities towards the other Kingdom it would be them who would be in a sensitive position. They didn’t afford that; especially after Sehun has worked so hard to finally make their Kingdom prosper. The effects of the previous war were barely gone, they really didn’t afford another one.

     Bora really wasn’t the scared little girl anymore, but her rationality horrified her more than she would like to admit. She feared the future that’s why she can’t, at any cost, let Sehun know of what had happened. It would be a disaster waiting to happen. She knew that he, himself didn’t want to have any more unnecessary troubles with Daeho and his ministers. It would explain why he hadn’t revoked the invitation to the ball even after knowing that the other King was planning to start a war on them and would have been most probably successful in it if they hadn’t caught up to his intentions in time.

     It should be okay. Daeho would be gone after the ball and she wouldn’t have to meet him ever again. She would be careful of that. It wasn’t a small matter, but she really didn’t need to create any bigger fuss over it. Her worries weren’t worth a whole reign of political tension between two neighboring Kingdom who have been at war so recently. Bora assumed that Baekhyun has the same thoughts as him because he hasn’t uttered a single word about the whole situation to Sehun even when he has had his suspicions from the very start. He had tried to warn her in between in both, direct and indirect manner though there wasn’t exactly anything that she could have done to prevent what happened.

     She wasn’t sure whether he has told anything to Sehun yet or not even now. She hoped that he has not.


“You look deep in thoughts.” Bora was snapped out of her musings and brought back to her room as soon as she heard the kind observation. She blinked her eyes blankly for a moment before turning towards the door of the room just in time to see Sehun closing the door behind him and taking a step closer to the bed she was sitting on.

“Not really…” She replied lamely before throwing him a small smile (which she was sure came out more like a grimace) and straightened up in her place.

“Are those people gone?”

“Yeah, we just sent them off.” He replied with a tired sigh before fixing his stare on her face with a concerned frown.

“Are you going to tell me what’s wrong now?” It sounded like a playful jest, but she could clearly see that he has been worried this whole time which only made her feel guilty. Sehun already had so much to think and worry about, she really didn’t want to be an added item on his list. She wanted to support him and be his strength; not just another one of his weakness.

“You should sit down first.” She responded while patting the space next to her on the bed. Bora knew that she couldn’t stall the matter for much longer, but still, she tried her best. She didn’t have a makeup story to tell him yet and moreover, she didn’t even know whether Baekhyun has already told him the whole thing or not – if he had then trying to lie was a vain attempt and may make him angry which was the last thing she wanted to happen when she was already so stressed over the matter.

     Thankfully, the exhausted King didn’t have any objection with her request and crossed the room in three long strides to settle himself in front of her on the bed. She had a hunch that he was already aware of what she was trying to do and for whatever reason was not pointing it out just yet. She was sure he would if she tests his patience too much.

“Well…” He prompted while looking straight into her eyes as if he knew that she wouldn’t be able to lie if he did that.

“Didn’t Baekhyun already tell you?” She needed to know what the Lord has told him before making any other decision. If he had given away the truth then there was no point in lying, but if he hadn’t she should be smart enough to do the same.

“He left in a hurry claiming that he has an emergency back at home before I can even ask him anything.” It didn’t seem like he was lying. He really didn’t have a reason to do so either.

“There really isn’t anything to tell.” Bora provided weakly before averting her gaze towards her fidgeting hands.

“I have never seen you so upset, Bora.” Sehun urged with a sigh before extending his hand out to take hold of hers.

“I admit, I haven’t been around you for that long, but I have known you enough to be able to tell that you’re not the one to just cry so easily.”

“I didn’t cry!” She protested with a scowl, hoping to lighten up the atmosphere a bit, but he just shook his head and continued to look at her seriously. She wasn’t going to get out of this until or unless she has given him the truth. She can literally see it in his eyes that he wasn’t going to give up.

“I really didn’t cry…” She mumbled under her breath before looking up at him. She hated the fact that she was going to lie to him, especially when he looked genuinely worried about her. She felt absolutely horrible, but the thought of what might happen if she really did tell him scared her to the roots. Lying was definitely a better option. It was just for a day. Maybe, she ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter