Ch #14

Beauty with a Sword.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER #14

POSSIBLE MISTAKE.

So I was hoping that some of you will find time to comment because it’s really discouraging to see the number of comments decreasing gradually. Like, I would really appreciate it. If I do get a decent amount of comments then I’ll update faster. Of course, you don’t have to if you don’t like the chapter, but if you do then please do me a small favor.

Upvotes are highly appreciated too so if you like the story please do drop some.

Thanks.

Enjoy the chapter…

Exo7410.

 

 

“What was that about?” Bora turned away from the dishes she was drying to face Sooyoung; who was now staring straight at her while leaning against the counter idly.

“I wish I knew what you are going on about,” She replied listlessly before turning back towards her work.

“You know exactly what I’m going on about.” Her friend replied impatiently with a frown decorating her face.

Ughh~

Can’t she just let it go?

Of course, Bora knew what her friend was inquiring about. Sooyoung has been surprisingly silent about their weird encounter earlier in the hallway. She had expected to get ambushed as soon as they were alone for lying, but to her fortune, they have just silently made their way to the Kitchen. Once at their destination, they have been surrounded by many curious ears that were stretched keenly to listen in on their conversations – even if it didn’t seem like that at all – but they have learned not to talk about anything remotely personal. Needless, to say it had greatly worked in her favor for once since her friend has refrained from bringing up the matter at all. The number of people around them, however, has dwindled in the course of the past whole hour until there were only three people left. Her, Sooyoung and the head in charge of the Kitchen- who has just dispatched a group of maids with the midday tea and snacks for the King and his companions. Eventually, she has left them to their devices while reminding her friend to lock the place carefully.

Now that the royal Kitchen was empty, except for the two of them Sooyoung finally cornered her to ‘interrogate’.

 

“I just didn’t want to go with them when you were not going to be there with me.” She finally relented with a sigh. It wasn’t a complete lie either.

“Why not? Seulbi is there with them too.” The other girl demanded with a confused countenance.

“Yeah, but I barely know the rest of them, Sooyoung.” Bora justified and pulled her hands out of the sink to dry them with a towel.

“You know Sehun pretty well,” Sooyoung teased with a smug tilt to her lips which induced her to roll her eyes.

“I don’t and you know that.”

“I was joking,” Her friend conceded while muttering something about ‘her being a really boring friend’ under her breath.

“But is that all?”

Now, where is that coming from?

There was more, but there was no way Sooyoung knew of that.

“Yeah, what else could be the reason?” Bora turned around to face her friend as casually as she could while placing the towel on the drying rack.

“I don’t know, but it just felt like you were specifically trying to avoid Sehun.” Her friend voiced her speculations out and stared at her with narrowed eyes. It unnerved her a little, but she tried her best to keep a nonchalant expression.

“I was not!” Okay, maybe that was not a very subtle reaction and it just made the other girl suspicious.

“I-I mean,” The flustered girl started after awkwardly clearing .

“Why would I?”

“Did something happen between you and Sehun?” That was the question she was dreading the most.

“The last time I saw Sehun before today was the day we caught the intruder. He hasn’t even been at the castle after that and from what I perceived they just arrived back last night. When do you think I had the time to interact with him in any way?” She was babbling and explaining too much, Bora was sure she was done for. Sooyoung continued to stare at her with narrowed eyes; seemingly contemplating over her explanation before finally nodding her head in agreement.

Even Sooyoung’s wild imagination can’t come up with the possibility of Sehun visiting me in the middle of the night.

“Well, what if he came to visit you last night? I mean- maybe he just missed you so much that he couldn’t stop himself.” She spoke too soon, but it was evident from the teasing smile on her friend’s face that she totally meant it as a joke.

Calm down, Bora…

She’s just joking.

She doesn’t know that he actually came to visit you last night.

“Don’t be stupid!” She exclaimed with a nervous laugh and pushed at Sooyoung’s shoulder playfully which caused the latter to stumbled a little on her feet and bump into the nearest trash bin which in turn rattled before finally toppling over.

“Bora!” Sooyoung protested in an indignant manner before standing stable on her feet.

“Look what you have done,” She continued in an exaggerated manner while staring down at the contents of the bin that were now littering the floor. Bora did feel bad for her friend since they have to clean that all up now, but at least that stopped the other maid from prying any further.

“You totally deserve it,” She poked her tongue out at her friend before sitting down on one of the dining table chairs that was placed in the middle of the royal, Grand Kitchen.

“You’re the worst,” Sooyoung grumbled under breath while throwing her a mock glare which only caused her to laugh merrily. Bora then watched in silence as her friend began to collect all the garbage and put it back in the bin where it truly belonged.

“Hey, what’s that?” She interrupted the head maid in the middle of her task when she took notice of the small glass bottle that was about to be thrown away again.

“I don’t know,” Her friend replied with a shrug before examining the bottle with a white cap and seal.

“Probably the medicine some maid was prescribed or something.” It has been opened and used, but there were still some contents left in it.

“That’s odd,” Bora claimed with a concerned frown.

“Why would a maid take the medicine inside the Kitchen when sick workers are not even allowed in here?” Now that was the point to be pondered upon because her friend was right. Sick workers are not allowed near the eatables in case their illness is contagious and it harms the royal family. The head maid did not like the sudden sense of dread that was now slowly filling her.

“You can read, right? Check its contents.” Bora immediately took hold of the bottle that was being in her hands by a very dreadful Sooyoung. She can’t really blame her friend when she was feeling the same way. Nodding her head hesitantly, she brought the bottle up to her eye-level and turned it over to read its ingredients. Most of the things that have been listed were vaguely recognizable, there were some that she has never read or heard off, but the one at the very last caused cold horror to wash ov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter