Ch #23

Beauty with a Sword.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER #23

NIGHT ESCAPADES.

 

“This is going to end up in a disaster,” Bora warned under her breath as she reluctantly moved away from the fireplace in Sehun’s room and made her way towards the window through which they have just sneaked in from – the very window which gave Sehun a clear view of her room across the compound. The realization of how clear the view actually was caused her to blush a little and took away the comfort that she has been falsely indulging herself in after the bathrobe incident the other night. He has pretty much seen it all.

“Not if we don’t get caught,” Sehun replied in a slightly exasperated tone though he looked pretty amused.

“We will get caught.” She asserted which only caused him to laugh airily.

“We might if you don’t stop jinxing it.” He teased from his place on the bed where he was already comfortably lodging in his night clothes. Bora herself was wearing her nightgown which was made of red silk (another fact that made her a tad bit self-conscious) given the fact that she was just about ready to sleep when Sehun has jumped inside her room from the window and given her the scare of life. He had merely laughed at her bewildered expression before claiming that he was there to show her why that room was so special.

   Turned out, the room was built really strategically while keeping the safety of the King under consideration. It was built for the purpose of Sehun’s protection. Just beside her window, of course, on the exterior side, were a few black hooks installed (which blended rather well with the color of the rest of walls. Really, she hadn’t even noticed) which enabled her to climb out of the window swiftly and conveniently. It then led to the lower roof of the second floor which then straight away led to a small bolster which happened to end just beside the slab built under the window of Sehun’s room. Now, here she was standing in his room after the male’s insistence and their small adventure.


“I don’t need to jinx it. Lord Byun probably already knows about it.” She deadpanned in a response to his prior statement and bit down on her lower lip to stop herself from grinning at the way he was laughing so heartily with his crinkled eyes.

“That might not be the case. He’s been pretty occupied with his own love life lately. I heard from Jongin that he was horrified that I ended up proposing to you before he got to propose Miss Park.” The King informed with a fond chuckle and beckoned her to walk closer which she did so after a moment of hesitation.

“Stop worrying, will you?”

“We are still breaking rules. It’s already way past the curfew time and not to mention that I shouldn’t be in your room alone at this part of the night especially.” She mumbled under her breath but didn’t deny his advances when he took hold of her hand.

“I thought we were going to get engaged. Why should anyone have a problem?”

“We are not engaged yet and even then-”

“You’re too careful.” He observes cutting her off, not in an unkind way, but it still makes her doubtful. Sehun has been really patient and understanding with her so far, but there ought to be a limit to his patience as well. No one can be that understanding. He didn’t know a lot of things that held her back and made her the person she was so it was only normal that he won’t actually see the things in the same light. He must be getting annoyed with the way she’s always being a joy-kill and rejecting his advances; the latest example being the fuss she created over the marriage proposal.

“I’m sorry.” The apology slipped past her lips even before she could stop it, but something told her that she owed at least that much to him. It was not his fault that she couldn’t free her present from the shadows of her past.

“I didn’t mean it like that.” Came his immediate response, before he tugged on her hand (that he was still holding) to make her sit on the bed right in front of him.

“I don’t need you to apologize for anything.” He continued, sounding quite concerned if her ears were not playing a trick on her.

“But…it must be annoying, right?” Bora inquired sounding extremely uncertain to even her own ears.

“I know that I tend to be over sensitive about things sometimes and you don’t need to put up with it-”

“I want to put up with it though. I thought I made it pretty clear when I proposed.” Sehun cuts in sounding so sure of himself that it instantly prompted her to shut . What did she ever do to deserve him?

“There’s nothing to apologize for.” He repeated himself softly after a few moments of silence and placed the fingers of his free hand on her chin to guide her face up. She hadn’t even realized that she has been avoiding his eyes all this time until her gaze met his’.

“It’s okay to be careful. It’s okay to be sensitive. There’s nothing wrong if you need some time to get used to the changes. It’s only human to try to resist it. I have my faults too. No one is perfect and it is okay.” He broke off suddenly in favor of sending her a cheeky smile.

“Miss, I adore you just the way you’re with all your faults – though I don’t really consider being careful a fault.”

“Being too careful is.” She countered though there was a healthy flush of red across her face which she failed to hide along with the small smile that graced her lips. He was such a smooth talker.

“I’m starting to hate the way you always sound so convincing.” The flustered girl remarked playfully which only caused his smile to morph into a smirk.

“So…can I convince you to stay the night here with me then?”

“That’s pushing it too far.” Bora refuted immediately in a matter-of-fact tone.

“I had to try at least.” He explained matter-of-factly before breaking out into a soft grin.

“You’re still staying here for a little while longer.”

“I never agreed to that. I can leave whenever I want.”

“I won’t let you.”

“Oh, really?” She urged while raising a challenging brow at him.

“How do you plan to stop me?”

“I have a trick or two up my sleeves,” Sehun replied smugly and laid down on his back. Bora couldn’t help but think that he soon needed a haircut when he brought up one of his slender hands to push his loose fringe out of his eyes.

“Want me to use them?” He inquired with the same smugness and looked up at her as if he was enticing her to take the bait just with his eyes.

“I would like to see you try- Sehun!” She decided to play along but ended up crying his name out in alarm when he suddenly sat up and tugged her closer to his body by the hand that he was still holding. Appearing completely undeterred by the near-heart attack she had, he proceeded to adjust their bodies and in the matter of few seconds was invading her personal space with the most cunning smile.

“You were saying?” He teased when she continued to stare up at him wordlessly; apparently suddenly too flustered and caught up to formulate words.

“What are you doing?” Her inquiry just ended up being a whisper which almost drowned against the voice of her own rapidly beating heart.

“Admiring you.” He whispered back with an amused smile as if there was something really entertaining about the whole situation.

“Y-You can do that from distance too.” She shot back after vainly trying to swallow the lump that has suddenly lodged itself inside .

“You’re cute.” He was doing it on purpose, wasn’t he? He was purposely making her flustered. She was sure, especially when he brought his thumbs up to rub them against the apple of her cheeks which she was sure were red and hot under his touch.

“I’m leaving.” She declared with narrowed eyes after she saw the corners of his lips twitching and tried to tug her hand out of his hold, but he just pulled her back in – if possible, perhaps, closer than before.

   Bora felt her breath hitching when he leaned forward to gently brush his lips against hers. It was such a tender and teasing touch that she couldn’t keep herself from closing her eyes to savor every second of it. It seemed to have encouraged Sehun because he finally let go of his hold on her hand and brought it up to place it against her shoulder. It stayed there motionlessly as he, this time more firmly, pressed his lips against hers again and again and again; so much so that she completely lost the count and let herself get lost in the temptation of his seducing touch. It was after their nth number of kisses that Sehun finally pulled away to look at her face properly.

  There was that same hunger in his eyes that she has seen many days ago and wondered whether it was reflected in her own eyes as well when the previously inactive hand on her shoulder guided her to lay on her back against the navy blue sheets of his bedding. Bora once again allowed her eyes to fall shut when he hovered over her body and pressed searing hot kisses along her jaw instead of kissing her on the lips again as she has expected. She was momentarily embarrassed of the tiny whimper that she wasn’t able to keep in, but the feeling soon sank to the back of her mind as he dragged his lips down her neck until he reached the prominent dip of her collarbones.

“S-Sehun…” She called out, a bit unsure when it seemed like he wasn’t planning on moving from there. It was a little unnerving feeling his lips brushing against her heated skin and having him so close. There was a small moment of hesitance on his part (as if he was trying to convince himself of something) before he shook his head slightly and swiftly came back up to hungrily claim her lips.

   It was unlike the ones they shared before that night and lasted longer. It was filled with more fervor and passion as if he was somehow trying to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter