Hoseok (Hobi)

Bangtang Boys (BTS) One-Shots (Accepting Request)

It was an accident, never meant to happen, yet the scene was already in motion and no one could have stopped what was next to come. You see the truth is always the most difficult to get out, only because people know that it is something painful to hear. Naturally, people like pleasing other people, not so much destroying everything they ever believed to be real. Yet if the truth would have came out in the beginning, he would have never felt so broken and lifeless, and know he only held himself to blame for the events that turned his life upside down.

She was a sweet girl, and her smile would brighten up any room, despite how much negative may have flown through the room previously. She was always honest, however she managed to make the truth bearable, for her sweet words would always comfort those in need, her smile almost impossible not to mock. She was well liked, many men swooning over her and yet she only held eyes for one man, the man who never looked in her direction.

“I’m not sure if this is a good idea Hobi” her voice penetrated through the eerily silence, bringing concerned eyes towards her direction.

“Awe don’t tell me that you’re the one who is scared now” Hoseok responded with a challenging tone, yet her eyes didn’t budge from the house, obviously finding the whole prank to be a horrible idea.

“I’m not scared, it just seems …. so harsh” she whispered this time, bringing her eyes to the man she adored to no end, almost broken when seeing his smile quickly fade from his lips. “Besides, it’s dangerous, we don’t know what’s in there.”

He was only acting brave for her, yet inside of his heart he was just as terrified, if not even more so than her. s had challenged his manliness for the last time however, and he would stop at nothing to win over their seen image of himself. He was a man, and he would prove it by entering the abandoned house, regardless of how much his heart raced with the thought of entering the looted building.

“You can always hold my hand if you’re scared?” He offered his hand, a soft smile taking his lips when she reached out and took hold of it.

“We’re not going Hobi” she spoke firmly before pulling him away from the house, his hand instead grabbing for her wrist and keeping her still, a soft smile lining his lips.

“Please go with me, don’t make me stand alone” he begged with the whisper in his voice, making her eyes fall towards the building once more, a soft nod taking her head.

How could she possibly say no to him when his smile was the very reason that her heart raced so wildly in her chest? How could she possibly ignore those sweet words that effortlessly left his lips, singing a perfect melody in her ears. She couldn’t possibly reject him, and thus found herself being the first to enter the house, her eyes examining every detail with a lot of fear running through her once complacent heart.

“You can still hold my hand?” He spoke more for himself than for her comfort, yet would never admit such things out loud, alarmed when she froze in place and instead looked towards the floor.

“It’s not safe in here” her words only brought more fear towards the male as he pushed in front of her, trying to be brave for the both of them yet it didn’t seem to comfort the scared female he left behind.

“We will be fine” he gave her a smile, yet she wasn’t blinded to the hidden fear that lingered on those smooth lips, his smile was always full of life, opposed to this faken one.

“Hobi…” she tried to follow his lead, however she would have never been able to guess that the floor was unstable, and that water damage had made it weak. She would have never been able to predict that her next step, could have possibly been her last that she would ever take. Yet as she fell through the hard floor and landed roughly on the concrete in the basement, she was thankful that it was her, and not the man she loved.

She didn’t feel any pain as she was paralyzed by the boards that surrounded her petite form, hearing his voice screaming from above her. She couldn’t move, yet she desperately fought to find her voice, wishing to put comfort in his heart that she was fine, and that no damage was done. She knew something was wrong, for she couldn’t feel her legs anymore, yet the desperate cries that echoed around her, would be more painful than the physical pain that ran through her entire being.

She couldn’t remember falling  asleep, or when it had happened, but she did remember waking up to the sun beaming in her eyes, the strange feeling of something soft underneath her weight. She recognized nothing as her eyes scanned the room, but as machines displayed a mixture of white and green lettering and numbers, she would guess that she was safe in the hospital. Going to sit herself up, she was alarmed by the pain that suddenly engulfed her entire body, causing a soft groan to leave her lips, her breathing becoming shallow as the machines began to hum a soft beeping tune.

“Stabilize her!” The command was shouted from a doctor wearing scrubs, her eyes instead searching the room for something else/someone else yet was dismayed when only finding surrounding doctors within the room, their hands working hard at her body, yet she felt nothing as she laid there, except for the urge to sleep once more.

“We are losing her!” Another yell, but the thought of leaving behind this word was nothing compared to the thought of never seeing her loved one again, and with one last gaze around the room, her heart would shatter at the emptiness that lined it.

“Start bringing in her family” a doctor whispered in defeat, and as the one she desperately wished to see had finally entered the room, you would have thought she would become content, but that broken boy that stood in the doorway, was not the man she was hoping to see. Instead, she desperately wished that she didn’t witness him entering.

This time, she remembered falling asleep as her eyes fluttered to an open once more, the pain completely gone as she stood herself up from the bed. It was odd that the machines displayed nothing but a black image this time, but she shrugged it off as she ventured into the halls. Her body felt weightless as she turned every new corner, finally catching glimpse of the family and friends that had entered her room previously, but this time there was no longer smiles on their lips, but heartache and tears ruining their beautiful images.

“I’m okay” she spoke as she walked into the room, feeling desperate to erase their fears, however only one pair of eyes would fall towards her, making her heart race within her chest as she ran to him first.

“I’m going crazy” the boy spoke as he buried his face within his hands.

“Hobi…” she spoke the name softly, almost afraid that she would break him if she spoke to loud, his head snapping up as he stared at the woman before him, his mouth parting to speak, but silence spewed from his lips.

“I’m okay now” she whispered softly this time, cupping his face within her hands as she gave him an honest smile, wiping away the tears that didn’t fit well with his face. “Thank you” she whispered instead as she fought back her own tears.

“I got you killed” his voice seemed so defeated that it broke her further, yet her smile wouldn’t falter at his question “why would you thank me?”

“You held my hand when I was scared” she answered softly “and acted brave for me, when you were just as scared.”

“I’m terrified now…” he admitted through a broken whisper as her hand entangled itself within his own, bringing it towards her lips with a soft peck.

“Don’t be” she sang softly “I need you to stay strong for me so that I don’t have guilt for leaving. I can’t stay beside you anymore, but you can always carry me with you in your smile, and your courage for remembering me for only the good times” he didn’t seem so convinced as more tears flooded his eyes and his heartache showed further.

“I should have listened to you” he spoke instead, yanking at his hair in a desperate manner.

“I love you Hobi and so you have to stay strong, stay beautiful and healthy. Eat a lot of good foods, and allow me to stay within your heart. Find someone to love, learn to forget. Most importantly however” she leaned in closer, pressing her lips against his own “don’t forget that I love you, and that my last wish from you, is to see your beautiful smile.”

“I have to go now” she whispered softly, allowing her eyes to fall towards her parents who seemed destroyed by their sadness “please take care of each other and remember only the good times. I wish to only be happy memories.”