Pt2: Yoongi (Suga)

Bangtang Boys (BTS) One-Shots (Accepting Request)

“Did something happen?” Mother Min asked as her eyes peered towards Yoongi, noting that her son had been silent since entering the building, his eyes staying locked on the plate of food that was barely touched.

“No” he lied as he finally managed the courage to look towards the absent chair that sat behind the computer desk, finally realizing that she wasn’t come in today. “She call off today?” He turned his mother's attention elsewhere as the elder woman nodded a few times.

“She had a doctor’s appointment today, said she will be in tomorrow which is a shame considering you leave tonight” she seemed distracted but it didn’t last very long as her eyes fell back towards her son, wondering what she had missed in the last twenty four hours. “Did something happen while on the date? Did I try to hard?”

“No mom, just leave it” Yoongi was filled with regret the moment he left her apartment building, knowing that he made a mistake by leaving her without an explanation.

He wanted to go back and apologize, wanted to explain what had suddenly soured his mood, but by the time he managed the courage, her light within her apartment had been shut off. He realized than that he was too late, and that she wouldn’t allow him the time to explain, and her absence today just proved his thoughts further. In reality, he wished to see her one last time, if only to apologize for his rude behavior, but it didn’t seem as though she was going to offer him that chance.

The day seemed to drag on as he found himself staring at the screen of his laptop, several lyrics being stuck in his head yet he couldn’t make any sense of them. They were jumbled thoughts, scattered and messed up, his emotions wearing within the words he typed, despite them being a cluttered mess. Looking towards the empty chair once more, he couldn’t stop the sigh that left his lips, alarmed when seeing a blur sit down beside him.

“Whatcha doin?” Her voice made him freeze as he quickly closed the laptop, his heart picking up in speed as he managed the courage to face her.

“I thought you had a doctor’s appointment” he spoke blankly, allowing his full attention to be captured.

“I did” she nodded softly “but I told your mother I would come in during the afternoon. Did she not tell you?” She asked with pure confusion, but instead shook the thought from her head “sorry to disappoint you, but I’m here now so you can go back to staring at me” she teased playfully before making her way towards the chair and taking her seat, getting lost in her work as per usual.

He promised himself that when he saw her again that he would confess everything to her, that he would apologize if he made her doubt herself, yet when her beautiful smile took over his eyes, he found himself lost in it. He couldn’t decipher if she was drunk enough to forget the previous night, of if she was kind enough to not hold a grudge, considering she seemed to be better off than he was. He couldn’t help but to stare at her in ponder of the two thoughts, wondering just which one was true, not being able to read her from behind that stupid screen.

~*~*~

“Can I talk to you?” He asked after the doors were locked and his parents left the restaurant, allowing him to finally have alone time with her before heading back towards Seoul.

“Sure” she smiled softly and his heart couldn’t contain the pain that was lingering within it, it was becoming unbearable “what about?”

“Last night” he was merely able to whisper the words as her eyes widened as though such a topic was forbidden to speak about, clearly showing that she had remembered what had happened, and how he had left her alone that night.

“Yoongi it’s fine…” she spoke softly as she stood herself from the chair, grabbing her coat from the back of it and starting to close down the files that still lingered on the screen.

“You don’t under…”

“It was a mistake, we were drunk” she offered, clearly in a hurry to leave the awkward situation.

Though he may have drank more than he should have, he was even more intoxicated by the way her lips formed to match his own. He was more high from the way her fingers pulled at his hair, and the way that her hips grinded into him. He was more addicted to the way her body laid under his, and how warm her skin felt against his fingertips. He desperately wanted to chase that high, wanted to feel that rush in his life that made his heart float to the sky.

“Please let me explain” and he must have sounded awful, for it was enough for the girl to freeze beside him as she instead turned her full attention towards him. “I like you” he admitted as he looked away from her, not being good at finding his words.

“I like you too” she admitted “but I don’t see it being anything more than that.”

He felt himself freeze as his eyes widened, bringing his gaze back towards her as a scowl took over his features. “Why the hell not?” He didn’t mean to sound angry, but he felt as though he was being rejected just now, and that the high he was chasing was slipping away.

“Let’s be honest with ourselves Yoongi. You hesitated for the same reason that I did last night. It’s what your mother wants to happen, but say that we do follow her advice and we do start dating. My career is here, and if something happens between us, then not only will my heart break, but my future will fail as well. I’m not interested in dating right now, I only wish to build my future.”

It was at that moment did he finally realize why he was so attracted to her in the first place, his teeth sinking into his bottom lip. She was dedicated to her work and wasn’t afraid to be invested in achieving her goals which was something he could easily admire and relate too. She was similiar to him in her views, and her sarcastic attitude was able to keep up with his own, which made him wonder if being angry at this time was even right of him. His mother had obviously spoke to her about dating him before, and yet she showed no interest in such request even though he could easily provide for them both and she could leave her job. It was obvious, her dreams came before love, just as it was for him.

“I’m sorry for yelling” he finally mustered the ability to speak once more, this time grabbing his own jacket from the coat hanger and pulling it over himself, his eyes glancing outside of the glass doors, wondering if his parents were still spying on them.

“I’m sorry too” she looked truly sorry, and he would see that she understood his feelings for she was feeling them just the same, only she thought more logically about them. “Maybe when we reach our goals, we can meet again” her smile was small with pain hidden behind it, and he could only match the gesture as he began towards the door.

~*~ 2 Months Later ~*~

He tried drowning himself in alcohol, trying to achieve the same intoxicated motion the she provided for him, yet it never seemed to be enough to keep him satisfied. One turned into two, and two turning into ten in only minutes as his fingers worked hard to write out the thoughts that continued to haunt him. He could have completed the song by now, but he was never satisfied with the ending of it, knowing that it never did reach that high he so desperately continued to chase.

She couldn’t get his taste from her lips, the memory being vivid within her mind as she stared blankly at the negative numbers that crossed her screen. She was disappointed to see the loss of sale, but that pain couldn’t even come close to the pain that was lunged deep within her heart, pondering if she had made a mistake in letting him leave that night. She felt it the moment he left, the regret and heartache, yet she cried silently to herself and didn’t chase after him, and now her regret only grew larger by the day.

“Have you been okay?” Manager Min spoke as she took a seat beside the girl, noticing that her smile was barely seen anymore, and that her eyes always sunk into the swolleness that stole them.

“Yes Ma’am” she lied as usual, allowing her eyes to leave the screen in order to look at the elder, a soft fake smile taking her lips.

“Did my son hurt you?” She obviously knew something must have happened, for both of you suddenly began to lose concentration and both of your performances paid heavily for it.

“Of course not” she spoke honestly as her eyes grew wide, and it put comfort in her heart to know such things, yet it didn’t settle the strange feeling she had inside.

“Something happened” she protested with a soft sigh, standing herself up and beginning to clean the kitchen, the girl quickly standing to help her with the task.

It happened before anyone had time to stop it, the elder woman going from standing to lying on the kitchen floor within an instant. The sound of crying and sobbing could be heard in between the breathless words that were spoken towards the phone, until the sounds of sirens surrounded the pin dropping silence. The ambulance took her quickly as they protested the girl from entering, telling her that only family could go with them, allowing the elder to be left alone inside the speeding vehicle.

~*~ His POV ~*~

“Wai… what?” He screamed into the phone, turning what was once annoyed glances into concerned ones as every eye fell onto him. “Is she okay!?” He was panicking and he knew such, but he couldn’t bare anymore pain, his heart was already shattered and losing his mother would eat him alive, he would not be able to handle two losses so quickly together. “Okay I’m on my way, be there within a few hours.”

The others understood as they watched the plane take off, allowing Yoongi to be left alone with the pain within his chest. He felt like his world was crumbling slowly, and that the weight was uneven, the smallest thing could make his scale tip. Landing was easy however when he finally arrived at the hospital, reality quickly sprung onto him as his eyes fell towards a crying female, the apron giving up who she was before he could get a good glance at her face.

“Is she okay?” He found the courage to speak after staring for several long minutes, bringing teary eyes in his direction.

“Yeah” she answered softly “she had a heart attack they say” she explained yet her eyes never did meet his own and instead stayed towards the ground, as though ashamed to look towards him.

“I see” he pushed past her in order to enter the hospital yet his eyes never could leave her frame, even when bumped into by another person for blocking the entrance. Heading back towards the outside, a soft breath would leave his lips as his hand shuffled into his pockets. “What about you? Are you okay?” He sounded colder than he intended, and he finally managed to bring her eyes towards him.

“I’m fine Yoongi, go visit your mother.”

~*~*~*~

“Guess you’re heading back then?” A female’s voice filled his head as he finished packing the last of his needed things.

“Yeah” the word alone brought pain to both people standing in the room, yet neither one would voice it out loud. “We have a debut coming up, so I have to head back.”

“I see” she clearly had disappointment in her voice yet she smiled through the pain and instead took a seat on the bed, her eyes falling towards Yoongi who was currently trying to look elsewhere. “Can you do me a favor before you leave?” She asked softly, her eyes staying locked on him, demanding his attention.

“Sure” he spoke despite the pain that ached him, his eyes would fall upon her. “What is it?”

No words were needed in order for him to understand her request, her hand cupping his jaw harshly before her lips painted over his own. He froze during that moment as his eyes widened, and just before she could pull away from him, he would find his movement once more. His lips were harsh against hers, taking away the shyness her lips held, as he pushed forward, dropping her onto the bed and allowing her arms to wrap around his neck, desperately pulling him closer towards herself.

It was the same high that they both desperately chased elsewhere for months, yet in one instant it would be found. Yoongi was determined to keep this high just a while longer, even though his lungs cried for him to take a breath of air, and she obviously didn’t mind for she didn’t fight it. The fire between them was undeniable, and as he finally pulled away from her lips, he would feel cold once more, and sober as always.

“Can’t you stay one more night?” She whispered softly as her eyes peeked up at him, as though to show that she felt just as cold when he pulled away.

He didn’t answer verbally as he went for her lips once more, inviting that intoxicating high back into his life. He knew that his mother was probably listening in, but that didn’t matter at the current moment, he didn’t care that he was giving into her wishes. He knew now, that it was HIS decision to feel this way, and it was HER decision to feel the same, and that was all that mattered.