Yoongi (Suga)

Bangtang Boys (BTS) One-Shots (Accepting Request)

 

 

“I envy the butterflies ability to fly away,

To fly away from this world, from its problems.

Sometimes, I wish I could be a butterfly.”

 

“To be a butterfly would be beautiful,

But when you think about the small child

Who cried when the butterfly flew away…

Don’t you think that butterfly was missed?”

 

 

“No, only the thought of the butterfly was missed.

There are several other butterflies to replace the one who left.

Its wings may be slightly different, but who could tell?”

 

“I could.

I would miss the butterfly

Whom flew away.”

 

“Would you?”

 

“Yes, I would.”

 

‘Not if you knew who I really was’ Yoongi kept the thought silent, shutting his phone off for the night, considering they were to be up early.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“He’s always on his phone…” Jungkook mentioned upon seeing his Hyung within the corner of the room, Yoongi’s thumbs working at a quick pace during a break. “He’s never been on his phone so much…” Jungkook pondered whom was the receiver of those quick text, who Yoongi had met that they didn’t know about. They all told each other their secrets, but what they didn’t suspect was that the listener of the group finally held something to tell. “Hyung” Jungkook spoke out, but Yoongi’s eyes were focused on whatever text he was typing.

“Leave him be Kookie, he’ll tell us when he’s ready” Namjoon spoke out, ruffling the youngers hair in a show of affection. Of course, Namjoon noticed that Suga was occupied by his phone a lot more often these days, it was an obvious and sudden change. Who couldn’t see it?

“But Hyung…” Jungkook protested.

“Yoongi has been learning English these days, and their time zones are different. He’s probably just asking questions…” Namjoon didn’t wish to assume the worse in the older member, but from the gummy smile that suddenly stole his lips when his phone lit up, Namjoon knew that it wasn’t just a teacher responded. It was someone Yoongi held dear, someone Yoongi enjoyed speaking with… The real mystery being, who in the world could draw his attention away from the music long enough to get a response from the stoic being.

“Mhm, just questions being thrown about…” Jungkook must have noticed the smile too, bringing Namjoon’s eyes back to the younger, a soft smile gracing his own lips.

“Fine, we’ll ask him during the next break.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Can we video chat?’

 

‘Huh? Since when do you video chat?

Of course, we can. Should I call you?’

 

‘No, I’ll call you shortly…’

 

Yoongi never expected her to say yes, and now he pondered if he was truly ready to see the girl on the other side of the screen, his heart pumping to heavily within his heart. He had been texting her for months, never hearing her voice or seeing her physical appearance, and soon he would be given both. Placing the tape on his camera, he felt cruel for hiding himself from her view, but it couldn’t be helped. What would she say when realizing that he wasn’t the person he posed to be?

“Who are you talking too?” He gasped when Namjoon walked into the room, his finger hovering over the call button.

“A girl” Yoongi admitted, not feeling any need to hide his intentions, he was proud to have finally met someone who could keep him occupied, who could sooth his aching soul with just a few simple words. “She speaks Korean, but she’s from America” he continued to add in details, bringing a profile to life for his bandmate to follow.

“Who is this girl exactly?” Namjoon questioned, his eyes scanning the phone that Yoongi held within his palm, his finger completely voided of the call button.

“My language exchange partner. Do you mind?” Yoongi grumbled, Namjoon nodding softly before venturing out of the room, singing some random verse of a song that Yoongi wrote, one that was powerful to his heart. First Love.

Was it love that he was feeling? Nah, it couldn’t be. He didn’t even know her properly. Taking in a soft breath, he finally hit the dreaded button, watching in great anticipation as the phone ringed, until finally it was picked up and he was greeted by a pair of confused hazel eyes. God were they beautiful.

“Ah, your camera seems broken” she whispered in Korean, respecting his language and making it easier to communicate. It’s why he enjoyed her company, she was easy to talk to, and now that he heard her voice for the first time, he wondered if it would fill his ears every night that he couldn’t find sleep.

“Sorry, it is broken” he responded, guilt lining his chest for the lies he was telling, his eyes beginning to observe the scene before him just a bit more.

“It’s okay, it’s enough to hear your voice…” she spoke in a clear tone this time, and Yoongi was aware that his heart picked up in speed, that his cheeks suddenly were on fire. “Have you ate yet?”

“Not yet” he admitted softly, his heart stopping when spotting a familiar poster against her living room wall. “Are you a fan of Agust D?” He had to make sure what he was seeing was real, her head turning to glance towards the said poster, confirming his suspicion before her words could verbally state it.

“Ye, he’s my favorite” she admitted, and he enjoyed the small pink hue that claimed her cheeks, her eyes drifting back towards the camera.

“Wei?”

“His lyrics” she didn’t even think about the answer, she knew it from her heart “they’re beautiful and they tell a story. A sad one, but a strong one. It gives me strength when I have bad days.”

“Ah, I see” Yoongi felt flattered at her answer, and at that very moment he wished that he could share every emotion that went into writing those lyrics that brought her strength. He wished that he could offer her the very emotions they had made him feel, and how they too became his strength when days were hard. It’s why he wrote them after all. “BTS is coming to America” he pondered if she had known, and it was obvious by the smile that took her lips that she did.

“I got tickets, to the one in New Jersey…” Yoongi would be sure to look for her, now that he knew what she looked like, it would be nice to finally see her in person.

“Hyung” Taehyung’s voice echoed through his room, and his heart picked up in speed, instantly hanging up the call and focusing his attention towards the member who walked into the room “can I sleep in your room?”

“Ye” Yoongi spoke without much thought, his heart aching for the girl he had to shut out of his life, he probably surprised her.

‘Sorry, I lost connection’

Liar.

 

‘It’s okay. I didn’t get to ask though…’

 

‘Ask what?’

 

Your name… What is it?’

 

‘It’s just a title, it’s not important.’

 

‘It’s important to me.’

 

‘Fine, call me Tae’

Liar.

 

‘Okay 😊 Tae. Goodnight’

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“I want to meet you…

In person…

Is that weird?’

 

‘Depends I guess.

Why do you want to meet me?’

 

‘Because I am close to you…

In America I mean. I’m in America.’

 

‘Are you really!?

Where at!?’

 

‘New Jersey…’

 

‘There is still time before the show starts,

Should I come meet you?’

 

Ye, I’ll come by the arena and we can meet there.

Is that okay?’

 

‘That’s fine, let me know when you are there.’

 

 

“I can’t” Yoongi admitted towards Namjoon who only offered an encouraging smile “what if she hates me for not telling her. She told me so much…”

He had spent several nights conversing with her on the phone, talking about her dreams and aspirations while he sold her false lies and inspiration. Everything he told her that was personal, was a lie. He had already collected his dream, he was preforming at the concert she was going to see. She would feel betrayed when realizing she had told him so much, would feel disheartened that he couldn’t trust enough to simply speak the truth.

“You don’t have a choice, I think she’s here…” Namjoon responded, his finger pointing towards a girl who was covered in warm clothing, her eyes scanning the area before falling back towards her phone, obviously searching for ‘Tae’ a fictional character that Yoongi had made up with selfish intentions. “Will you call for her?” Namjoon questioned, and Yoongi could feel his phone vibrating in his pocket, she was calling for Tae. Not Yoongi.

“She’ll hate me… I lied to her…”

“She’ll understand I’m sure. She won’t forgive you if you don’t show up though. You’ll lose her trust that way…” Their eyes connected, the girl who was lost finally glanced towards the two men standing outside of the back entrance. She stared for a second, as though trying to figure out who they were, but when a large smile took her lips, Yoongi knew that she figured it out.

“Are you lost?” Namjoon questioned, motioning her to come closer, and Yoongi’s heart sank as she nervously approached them both, her eyes scanning the area behind her once more.

“I’m looking for someone” she spoke softly, a slight blush taking her cheek while her eyes glanced between the two, staying on Yoongi just a bit longer “but I don’t know what he looks like… So, I can’t describe him… His name is Tae though... Have you seen him?”

“No I haven’t” Namjoon answered first, his eyes falling accusingly towards the band mate “have you seen him Yoongi?”

Yoongi couldn’t breathe suddenly, his heart was racing to fast, and he held a strange desire to suddenly embrace the girl who offered him warmth. She was cold, her fingers were turning a slight display of red, indicating that the chilly weather was slowly eating at her exposed skin.

“No. I haven’t see anyone” Yoongi answered, needing to get away before his body betrayed him, and so he opened the back-entrance door and stepped inside, leaving Namjoon to stare at him in complete disbelief. ‘I’m sorry, but I can’t’ Yoongi’s eyes glanced away from the disappointment that his fellow member was giving. ‘I’ll lose her… She’ll run from me…’

“Sorry” Namjoon offered her a sad smile, the female nodding her head in understanding.

“Good luck with the show tonight. You guys are amazing… Yoongi…” she spoke his name so softly, with so much admiration, that he had stopped complete to glance back at her “I really admired you… Your lyrics… they spoke to me about how strong you are. I realize now, you’re just a coward though… You’re afraid to face the unknown, so you turn your back to it. How could I admire that? It’s pathetic.”

Yoongi froze completely, his eyes growing wide. Did she know? Did she find out who he was? How? How did she find out!? “H…How… How did…”

“Your voice is the same… On the phone, it’s the same.”

“Let me explain…” Yoongi took a step towards the exit but was stunned to see her take a step back.

“Was it funny to you? To watch me stand before you clueless and stupid? Was it fun!?” She was yelling now, and Yoongi flinched at the harsh tone, he deserved to be scolded. “You made a mistake though Min Yoongi… I fell in love with that familiar voice… Your secret has been discovered. Yet I gave you a chance to admit it… I asked you to stop hiding… Coward…”

She was crying, his hand reached to wipe away at the tears but was alarmed when she backed away from his touch, her eyes staying locked on the ground. “Please… I didn’t mean too…”

“Was it fun, to make me fall in love with you?” She asked softly, her eyes finally staring into his own and Yoongi felt like he didn’t deserve to have ever looked into those soft hazel glistening eyes. He didn’t deserve her forgiveness, nor her love. “I was wrong, and you were correct. I won’t miss the butterfly that flew away, because now I understand that he didn’t wish to be found. I won’t look for it anymore. I’ll leave it alone, just as it had left me.”

 

(( Credit of gifs to rightful owners. ))