Cheatsheet

BIG SHOT - A BIGHIT SURVIVAL SHOW// WAITING FOR LAST EXTENSIONS
 
The
Cheatsheet
absolutely must read
scroll right 
Show
Concept
BIG SHOT will air weekly, having the contestants perform in groups and compete against each other. To do so, there will be several groups, each freelancer group competing against a BIGHIT BOYS group. They will get the same task and the way they execute this will decide if they win or loose.

Among BIGHIT BOYS and freelancers there will be a ranking that will divide the groups into upper, middle and lower division. The trainees with the highest points will get to be the opening act of the next show. Points will go to the contestants depending on viewer votings, judge evaluations and wins/ defeats of their groups.

Talking about judges, BIGHIT will invite different judges every week. For the first show, BTS are announced to take that responsibility. 
There will also be coaches, 9 in total. Three of them will be focusing on the BIGHIT BOYS, three on the freelancers and there will be three high-class coaches that go to either BIGHIT BOYS or freelancers, regarding who of them won the overall round in the big run of the show.

Additionally to the show itself, BIGHIT opens two YouTube channels, so each of the two contestant sides can upload whatever they want and they're also allowed to be active on social media. They're free to manage  the YouTube channel the way they want... they just have to share it. Because sharing is caring. BIGHIT BOYS already have a huge advantage as they already gained their followers due to the promotion videos for the show itself. So the freelancers have to come up with something very unique to beat them.

Oh, talking about videos... the password to apply for this story is a possible stage name that your character might get if he wins the spot in the final group to debut after the show, linked to a performance that you see fit for your character (no matter if MV, live stage or training videos).
 
 
 
 
 
Must Know
"I'm the brightest star in the sky,
but why is it you shine brighter at night?"
general
If you're planning to apply, please make sure you followed all the rules and the instructions given in this cheetsheat. If there are little mistakes, it's okay - Nobody is perfect. But please be careful about how you fill out the app and that you don't mess with the layout. Messy apps are the worst and things like not completely filled-out sections usually easy to avoid. 
I do understand that you want to know about my opinion of your characters in a review and I will give you one, but only if your app does look neat, in other words: as long as I see you put some effort into it. If I see parts of your app missing, I will PM you and write a review after you fixed your app.

Let's move on to the app stuff:

What it's like to be a BIGHIT trainee?

Of course, the main focus of the show will be on the trainees that the company provides itself. Hitman Bang is very proud of his 'babies' and he prepared them well even before the show to hit it off straight and destroy their opponents in direct combat on the stage. In other words: They're basically beasts and actually somewhat a trap for those poor freelancers applying. Yet, not all of them are perfect. 
BIGHIT is known for its artists' extremely strong dancing and rapping skills, its singing department however is lacking big time compared to that. That doesn't mean that there aren't one or two gems hiding among the trainees but that the majority will be well-trained dancers and rappers.
If you decide to apply as a BIGHIT trainee, keep in mind that your character definitely cannot lack in dancing skills. They all, even the weakest among them, have trained dancing to the point that they're better than average dancers.
(Some might argue that BTS has Rapmonster and Jin but even those manage to not slack off too much next to stronger dancers like Jimin or J-Hope and pull off choreographies crafted by high class dancers like Keone Madrid or Chris Martin. So they, too, can be considered as good dancers in general.) 

What it's like to be a freelancer?

If you apply as a 'freelancer' you're free to give me whatever you want. Your character can be a trainee from another entertainment, an underground rapper or someone who never even thought of becoming an idol and just gave it a try for fun. I will ask of you, to not make your character a triple threat in this case, though. After all there must be a reason the entertainment your character originally comes from didn't debut your character and he therefore had to change companies to become an idol. If you decide to create a triple threat, give me legit reasons why he didn't make it to the top despite being so skilled.

General info:

Faceclaims:

You can use any faceclaims you want, it doesn't even have to match with their ethnicities. Some idols don't looke like their original ethnicities (thanks to plastic surgery), so I won't be too strict on that. Also, age does not have to be 100% matching to your faceclaim, either. Some idols started very young in the business but are in their 30s now, so if you for example use Taeyang as a fc for a 17-year old, that's okay as long as you use Taeyang's debut pictures for your app and not current ones.

Ethnicities:
I will only accept Koreans, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese and Thai characters since most companies don't go beyond those ethnicities with their artists. Halfies are allowed, too, if they're at least part Korean. I will have exceptional rules for halfies, however. If you e.g. go for a part Korean, part Nigerian character, I will ask you to look for a matching faceclaim (such as Michelle Lee).

Age range:
The age range for freelancers is completely free (if they're around their 30s they should have already served in military, though).
The age range for BIGHIT BOYS is 1993-2002.

Talent Twins:
You're free to choose your talent twins as you want. If you want to go for foreign talent twins, those are allowed, too as long as long as they match your characters ethnicities. Americans sing differently than Koreans do, they rap differently and they also set their priorities in dancing differently. It's a matter of individual styles that are preffered in the different regions.

Idol siblings:
Idol siblings in general are allowed. BUT if you want your character to be related to an idol, please do your research and check out if that idol has more siblings. I will do, too, and if I see you didn't do it, I will simply not review your app, neither accept it. E.g. if SNSD Jessica is your character's sibling, Krystal needs to be a sibling, too. 
You are not allowed to mix and match relations, so if your character is related to SHINEE's Taemin, he can't be related to EXO's Kai.





 
brownie points
The points listed here are suggestions that will help your character getting chosen to appear in the story. They are by no means a must.

Special Skills
 I don't want your characters to be OP af but a lot of Koreans learn an instrument or something else like martial arts when they are very young. If your character plays the violin, can beatbox or knows how to bboy or do some martial arts tricking, that'd definitely be a plus (if fitting to your character concept). Very unique skills are welcome. I don't mean to say that your character would be a standout if he manages to peel and eat a banana with his feet, but yes, that'd do, too. And would be hilarious. So. Hilarious.

heads wanted!
Yes, I am a er for heads. I love them all. The ones that are super s but act like innocent angels, as much as those arrogant douches who show the world they are so much better than everyone else. Of course, I love cute, little weenies, too, but the more heads I get, the more war you'll see on screen, I promise!

I'm so pretty.
Nice looking apps with lots of gifs and pictures is definitely a plus. Aesthetics are one of my weak spots. If you manage to make your app look outstanding (without messing the layout up, of course) you'll have me melting like cheese in hot summer sun for your app.

I know that Coach!
Yes, you heard right. I gave you 9 coaches and I'd really appreciate if one or two of you use them in their apps. You should be careful, however. You can not tell me how you think that coach's personality is, since they're all already set by me but you can still tell me the connection and relationship between the characters. They could be friends, rivals or rolemodels, whatever you like.
 
FAQ
"Can I also apply as a female character?"

No, you can't. I'm sorry about this but BIG SHOT will focus on male trainees only.

"Why is there no love interest section?"

Because a love interest does not matter for this show. If you want your character to have a love interest still, add him or her to the relationship section and I will see fit for that in the story. I won't promise anything, however. The love interest might or might not appear in the story depending on the importance for your character's development.

"Is it allowed to mention that my character appeared in one of the promotion videos?"

Yes, it is. As long as your character is part of BIGHIT BOYS and belongs to BIG HIT's Upper Division, in other words the top trainees of BIGHIT.