Missed it.

Not for Long

Each day he continues to write on the back of the photos. His entries were:

 

 

She shines as bright as sun.

 

Her smile was perfect on this cold day.

 

Days with no sun are like days without seeing her.

 

I will not wait any longer.

 

After writing on a weekend Mino takes off to go for deliveries and errands. Chaeyoung visits Mino’s family’s restaurant. Unfortunately, Mino was out and does not comeback till after lunch. He volunteers to help out the elders at the centre after his morning delivery. As Chaeyoung walks in Min  Jun joyfully greeted her. He welcomed her and introduced her to his mom, “Eomma! She is my teacher! She’s very pretty isn’t she?!”

 

            Min Jun’s mom introduced herself, “Hello! I’m Min Jun’s mom, Jennie. It’s very nice to meet you.”

           

            Chaeyoung greeted her back, “Hello, I’m Chaeyoung. You can just call me Chaeyoung since we’re neighbours.”

 

            “Ah.. yes Chaeyoung-ssi. Is there anything I can get for you?”

           

            “What is your specialty? Is there anything you can recommend?”

 

            “Yes! There is one dish that my mom cooks the best! I recommend you get kimchi-chigae. It’s very cold today so soup would be your best bet!

 

I will get that one!

Chaeyoung eats and enjoys her meal. When she finished she paid her bill and said her goodbye. As she walks out she remembers seeing a picture of Mino. Isn’t that Mino? One of the famous rap artist. Min Jun’s family must be a big fan. His mom gives the same feel though. Wow. She looked once again and left.

 

Few steps after walking out, Chaeyoung felt like her world stopped as if there’s

something holding her back so she stood still. Behind her was Mino. Mino walked in slowly but failed to notice her. The moment Chaeyoung looked back, Mino was already gone. He was already inside. She walked away fast and took the bus home. Mino stopped midway and walked out. He ran out and looked around. He was so sure he saw the girl. He saw her back.

 

But he missed her. She missed him. It was unfortunate.

 

Days go by with same routine, everyday Mino would continue to take a picture of her back and write how much he would love to meet her. It wasn’t until Minjun’s parents had to go back to Seoul for 3 days and that would mean that Mino would have to drop Minjun off to school.

 

Jennie asked Mino to take care of her son while she’s away. “Oppa, I will be gone for a couple days. 3 to 4 days. I have to go fix something in Seoul. I need to go look after some of our properties and the bank there.”

 

“Hanbin too?” Mino asked.

 

“Yea, Of course. She’s my wife.” Hanbin replied.

 

“Ah, take care then. But, what do I do with Jun?” Mino asked.

 

“The usual, except you drop and pick him up from school. Please be on time so he will not wander and get lost.” Jennie made sure.

 

“And hyung, on Friday you need to give his teacher his reading/learning log. Am

I right jagiya?” Hanbin added.

 

            “Alright, alright. So much things to do. I’m basically an instant dad with no wife.” Mino answered.

 

            “He-hey, hyung get one already! There’s only a few girls here and their easy to approach.”

 

            “He’ll probably won’t get married. Just listen to his song ‘Body’ such high standards.” Jennie smirked.

 

            “Yah! What are you? How sure are you?” Mino yelled.

           

            “Why are you like that hyung, don’t yell at my wife. She’s sensitive. Treat her with love.”

 

            Mino claps his hand, “Unbelievable! Alright go, just go now.”