Present vs. Future

Not for Long

Out of shock Chaeyoung moved back and Mino took her in his arms. Donghyuk was more shocked than Chaeyoung was. She quickly moved and hit Donghyuk. “Yah!!!”

 

Mino stood at the door and bowed at her brother. Donghyuk notices it so he bows as well. The moment he gets up he sees Mino and recognizes him,”Mino-ssi?”

 

Mino nodded.

 

“Noona are you and Mino-“ Donghyuk asked but Chaeyoung covered his moth before he even went on with his question.

 

Chaeyoung took a deep breathe and sent Mino home. “Thank you for today! I had a great time.”

Donghyuk smirked, “Noona, are you not even going to introduce us to each other?”

 

Mino quickly introduced himself, “Hello. My name is Mino. I am a friend of your sister and also the uncle of one of her student.”

 

Donghyuk nudged Chaeyoung shoulder to shoulder, “See….”

 

With an annoyed then embarrassed face Chaeyoung introduced Donghyuk, “Mino-ssi, this is my younger brother Dong Hyuk.”

 

“It’s nice to meet you! I should head home now so you guys can talk.” Mino said his goodbye.

 

Chaeyoung bowed and waited till Mino left then closed the door. Donghyuk was waiting in the living room and clapped the moment Chaeyoung closed the door.

 

“Wow, noona, I didn’t know you liked rappers. Maybe if you were a k-pop star you would be dating him now.” Donghyuk teased Chaeyoung.

 

“Stop. You know it’s more reasonable to start a career that would guarantee experience and pay. I wanna help out at home and also I’ve always wanted to teach either a curriculum or music.” Chaeyoung explained.

 

“Did mom message you?” Donghyuk asked.

 

“Yeah…” Chaeyoung sighed.

 

“What? Are you sad? Shouldn’t you be happy? It has been your dream to go there and teach.

 

“It’s not teaching…. I guess.. or maybe?” Chaeyoung answered.

 

“Okay so what is it?” Donghyuk asked.

 

“So it’s a school in New York that I applied for last year. I planned to study music then perhaps teach it. I got the acceptance letter.”

 

“When are you leaving?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“Do you still wanna go?”

 

“I don’t know.” Chaeyoung answered as she looked down at the floor.

 

“Talk to mom.” Donghyuk answered and left the room.

Chaeyoung got up and closed the lights. She took a glass of water to her room and sat on her room with the night light on. It was dimmed. She sat on the floor took a sip of water and opened the night stand drawer. There she took out the envelopes her mom has sent her. She stared at it for a while. Her phone light went on and it was a notification. She opened it and it was a message from Mino, “I do not know if I made you uncomfortable about what I said earlier. I hope you do not avoid our family because of it. I’m sorry.

 

Chaeyoung thought, I don’t know. He seems to be a good guy but this thing.. I have been waiting for this. Timing is so messed up. If I leave soon, he might end up being sad or feel left behind again like before.

 

Donghyuk messaged Chaeyoung, “noona, can we hang out with Mino hyung tomorrow?”

 

“Why?” She replied to Donghyuk but not to Mino.

 

“Cuz he’s been my idol for a long time now! Even if that thing happened to him, I still admire him.”

 

“Next time.” Chaeyoung answered.

 

On the other hand, Mino couldn’t stay still because Chaeyoung has not replied to his message. He was scared that he scared her away and that she does not want him or to be even friends.

 

Hanbin saw Mino walking back and forth so he came close to him and asked, “Hyung, what’s happening?”

 

“Chaeyoung….”

 

“What about her?” Hanbin replied.

 

“I told her. I told her I like her and I did not get an answer. But then..”

 

“then?”

 

“Then she asked me if there was something that I liked doing but an opportunity comes up would I go for the dream and stop what I’m doing.”

 

Hanbin sat down and answered, “Hyung what if she meant you’ll leave her when they tell you to do a comeback?”

 

Mino sat down across Hanbin, “Why would she think that?”

 

“Because it’s possible. So ask her.”