There's a New Member in the Family!

Not for Long

The weekend went by so quickly, it was Monday once again. Jennie and Hanbin won’t be back until the afternoon so Mino still had to drop off Jun. He walked sleepy Jun to his class. He smiled like a fool. He made sure he fixed his hair so he would look presentable to Chaeyoung at least. They get there but she was busy as usual. Chaeyoung saw both Jun and Mino. She took Jun and greeted Mino with a warm smile. “Have a good day,” Mino greeted her.

 

She bowed and smiled at him. Mino left happily and totally forgot about the “bus stop girl”.

Mino didn’t have much to do that day since they closed their restaurant that day. Mino walked to the seaside and brought a bag with him. Inside his bag was his camera and his sketchbook. He started drawing out the scenery with such details, the sun rising up brightly and its reflection on the sea. He then drew a bench and unconsciously drawing a couple. He was able to draw the guy but wasn’t able to finish since his mom asked him to come home. Jennie and Hanbin are back.

 

“So, it’s my sister.” Mino claps.

 

Hanbin hugged Mino, “Hyung!”

 

“Yah!” Mino shoved Hanbin at the side and Hanbin pouted.

 

“Jennie, why do you look tired and pale? Are you sick somewhere?” Mino’s dad asked.

 

“No, I’m just really tired.” Jennie answered. Mino did Jennie and Hanbin’s laundry while his parents set the table.

 

On his way to the kitchen, he came across Jennie who was running to the washroom. He followed her and saw her throwing up. He was so worried that he suggested he’s be the one to pick up Jun. It’s a win-win situation for him.

 

Jennie rested and gained back her energy in a short while. Mino left to get Jun and told Chaeyoung what happened to Jennie. She decided to come with them and brought flowers in the way there. Jennie and Chaeyoung were already friends. They got there and Jennie was so surprised that she came with Mino, “Did I miss a lot of things? I wasn’t gone for that long right?”

 

Chaeyoung walked towards Jennie and gave her the flowers. She hugged Chaeyoung and thanked her.

 

“Are you feeling better?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Yes, I’m not sick don’t worry.” Jennie said.

 

“What? I told her you are!” Mino commented.

 

“Since everybody is here, I might as well say it now.” Jennie said.

 

Everybody was all ears. Hanbin couldn’t stay still so Mino grabbed him and out his arm around Hanbin. Hanbin yelled, “Yeobo!!! Jagiya!”

 

Jennie took out a piece of paper from her bag. Everybody was shocked on what they saw. Jun was left confused.

 

“What?” Mino asked.

 

Chaeyoung was really happy and congratulated her.

 

“I’m pregnant!” Jennie announced.

 

Jen and Mino’s parents were really happy. Jennie hugged Jun and told him he would be a big brother like his uncle Mino. After the chaos, Jennie and Chaeyoung went for a walk. Jennie’s place is close to the sea so they walked there and sat on a bench. They started talking about Jun when she was gone. Chaeyoung did nothing but say good things about Mino more than Jun. Jennie sensed it and changed the topic to her brother. “Has my brother been good?”

 

“Of course! He’s been lovely!” Chaeyoung looked up the ceiling and grinned.

 

“Lovely?” Jennie asked.

 

Chaeyoung jumped and didn’t realise that she was talking about Mino already, “Ah, sorry,” Chaeyoung waved her hands, “I meant he’s been loving to Jun since you guys were away.”

 

Jennie wasn’t slow. She definitely knew what was going on. “I mean, I’ve been with Hanbin for almost ten years.”

 

“Ye--?” Chaeyoung was flustered.

 

Jennie giggled and took Chaeyoung’s hand, “Sem. I know very well that you are interested in my brother. I was like that too with Hanbin. I would say things carelessly and continue to deny it.”

 

“It’s a secret!” Chaeyoung answered.

 

“Of course, it will be. Come to think of it out of all the girls, you will be his first- “

 

 Hanbin added, “And hopefully the last.”

 

“Hey! This is girls talk!” Jennie yelled.

 

Hanbin closed the door and joined their conversation, “I’d like it if hyung finds somebody already. He would make me do morning deliveries so Jennie would have to drop Jun off then he would just go to the bus stop.”

 

“Bus stop?” Chaeyoung was confused.

 

“He would go there every morning just to see this person. He said he’s in love.” Hanbin answered.

 

Jennie added, “He’s happy just by seeing her but that’s about it. He would also write things on his journal you know. So, beat the girl before she takes you away from him.”

 

“What if he doesn’t like me?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“There’s no way he wouldn’t like you. Did you see his stares? It’s as if you’re going to disappear the moment he takes his eyes off you.” Hanbin said.

 

The couple tried to build Chaeyoung’s confidence up. Their next step is to talk Mino in to it but little did they know he’s already fallen for her.

 

“I’ll think about it.” Chaeyoung said.

 

“Think about what?” Mino walks in.

 

“A good name for the baby!” Jennie yelled, “You always in.”

 

“You have so much energy to yell for somebody who’s pregnant.” Mino answered.

“Chaeyoung-ssi, I can drop you off now if you want or you can stay over for a little while.” Mino suggested.

 

He wanted her to stay longer. If she would stay we would have a chance to hang out? Or actually if we go now I can ask her things she likes to do and I’d do it with her.

 

“I better get going! I still have things to do at home!” said Chaeyoung.

 

Chaeyoung said her goodbyes to Mino’s family. Mino’s mom packed foods for Chaeyoung since Mino told her that Chaeyoung lives alone. He was proud as ever. He carried the foods for her and opened the door for her. He got in and they drove. “Chaeyoung-ssi, what do you usually like to do on your spare time?”

 

“Many things. I like to bike around and look at the view, sometimes I stay in and draw. I like to go to vintage stores and look at vinyls. What else?” Chaeyoung couldn’t think anymore.

 

“Do you want to go for a bike ride together? There’s this nice beach trail we can go to.” Mino suggested.

 

“Ahh! I would love that. How about you? What do you love doing the most?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“I collect vintage cameras and take photos. So much that I can fill and album in less than a month.” Mino answered.

 

“That’s awesome! We both like vintage things.”

 

“When should we go biking?”

 

“This weekend? I will do my markings in advance!”

 

The two arrived at Chaeyoung’s place. Mino went home directly. Hanbin was waiting for him. Mino yelled while he parks his car, “Sometimes I think you’re my wife. You nag me so much and always wait for me.”

 

Hanbin teased Mino with a girly pitch, “Oppa, you’re home? I’ve been waiting for you.”

 

“Stop!” Mino yelled as he walks over him.

 

“Hyung!” Hanbin puts his hand around Mino, “How’s Chaeyoung?”

 

Mino brushed Hanbin’s arm away. “We’re good.”

 

“That’s good.” Hanbin claps his hands.